hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bigot Taxi Driver

I met up with a friend this evening. He had been at the game at Livingston with his son. In passing, he told me a harrowing story his son relayed of an incident when trying to get a taxi after the derby on Thursday. His son got in a black cab after the Hearts game with a friend only to be asked by the driver which team they supported. The lads told the driver they supported Hibs, upon which the driver told them to "get out the f*****g cab". As the boys didn't respond immediately the driver then told them plainly "get out the cab you f*****g Fenian c***s". Shocked, the lads didn't have the presence of mind to take the driver's number or take any other action such as ask the driver to repeat his words while they recorded it on a phone, and so simply got out of the cab.

I don't know how I would have responded in similar circumstances at my current age never mind as a 20-year old as my mate's son is now - probably not very well. I do know I am disgusted to think that bigot is driving a cab across our city.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I met up with a friend this evening. He had been at the game at Livingston with his son. In passing, he told me a harrowing story his son relayed of an incident when trying to get a taxi after the derby on Thursday. His son got in a black cab after the Hearts game with a friend only to be asked by the driver which team they supported. The lads told the driver they supported Hibs, upon which the driver told them to "get out the f*****g cab". As the boys didn't respond immediately the driver then told them plainly "get out the cab you f*****g Fenian c***s". Shocked, the lads didn't have the presence of mind to take the driver's number or take any other action such as ask the driver to repeat his words while they recorded it on a phone, and so simply got out of the cab.

I don't know how I would have responded in similar circumstances at my current age never mind as a 20-year old as my mate's son is now - probably not very well. I do know I am disgusted to think that bigot is driving a cab across our city.
    Must of been the exact same cab driver we encountered as well after leaving tynecastle. Flagged him down on the west end & he said the same thing to us, happened too quick to be able to get a note of his reg plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is enough camera in Edinburgh - if these lads can remember the approximate time and the place, the police should be able to investigate this matter. I would strongly encourage them to take this matter to them. Them and the huns have something wrong with them, there really is something missing.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    There is enough camera in Edinburgh - if these lads can remember the approximate time and the place, the police should be able to investigate this matter. I would strongly encourage them to take this matter to them. Them and the huns have something wrong with them, there really is something missing.
    I was just about to post exactly the same thing. CCTV will have picked up the driver. Personally I don’t think someone with such obvious anger issues should be allowed to drive a taxi.

Left by mutual consent!
    Extremely disturbing behaviour. Edinburgh has never been as bad as Glasgow for sectarianism and he should be reported and outed for what he is before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post

He should have taken the number and reported it to the City Council.

The driver could lose his licence for that.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I can think of one driver I have encountered in the past that fits that type of behaviour and language, an absolute erse of a guy, who treats wheelchairs and short journeys in the same manner. No way of knowing if it’s the same guy of course but I could well imagine it being him even though I don’t know his football allegiance.

Hard man saying that to a 20 year old

First Team Breakthrough
    Report it to the council. They have mugshots for id for taxi drivers and i am sure with his description they will find him. Its your word against his though, and if he denies it, there is bot much that can happen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

Should not could imho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moody Blues View Post
    Report it to the council. They have mugshots for id for taxi drivers and i am sure with his description they will find him. Its your word against his though, and if he denies it, there is bot much that can happen to him.
    Do black cabs not have cameras in them?

Left by mutual consent!
    Haha what a clown. Glad to see he took the defeat well

Left by mutual consent!
    Taxi drivers are not a law unto themselves. If you have problems with a taxi driver, here’s how you can identity them and who to report them to.

Taxi plate number = The number on the yellow plate.

Registration number = The number on the the reg plate.

Radio company number unless a street cab. = The white, yellow or orange letters and numbers stuck on the windscreen and the back windows. Examples = ( V?? City Cabs) ( P?? Central taxis ) ( C?? Comcabs)

Taxi drivers can be reported to the cab office.
    Phone, +44 131 529 5800
    Drivers need to be fit and proper to drive a taxi and it sounds like this clown is letting all the other good taxi drivers down.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The most worrying thing here is that someone who is clearly mentally unstable has a license to drive members of the public in a cab. Needs taken off the road ASAP for his own benefit as well as the public.

I'm a cabbie and that's shocking behaviour, did he get the plate number or the taxi license plate, was it a street taxi or with a company like Central or City. Contact Marcos Martinez at CEC licensing dept.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Horrendous, what a ****bag.

I don't get taxi's often but i really hope I end up in his, he wouldn't get off so lightly.

Really is a shame they never got a reg plate, sure there's still ways you could identify him if you go via the council.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

Won't lose his licence but will be reprimanded and given a warning of future behaviour.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The most worrying thing here is that someone who is clearly mentally unstable has a license to drive members of the public in a cab. Needs taken off the road ASAP for his own benefit as well as the public.
    Couldn’t agree more. This needs to be reported to the authorities before this causes more embarrassment to a trade that’s really struggling as it is without morons like this giving the good taxi drivers of this city a bad name.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Won't lose his licence but will be reprimanded and given a warning of future behaviour.
    Don’t kid yourself, this is sectarianism. He could well lose his licence if proven guilty or if he has any previous.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Don’t kid yourself, this is sectarianism. He could well lose his licence if proven guilty or if he has any previous.
    I know how the council and cab office work. He'll get severely reprimanded and a final warning.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    That's shocking if that's the case.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    I think there is a wee bit of fantasy at play if anyone thinks this is a high enough level crime to merit trawling the CCTV.

It is hardly a life changing experience to be so pathetically insulted by someone who has obviously been working too long, and may be under who knows what stress.

No excuse for it, but maybe a reason, and possibly cause for people to get this into perspective.

To be honest what alarms me is what a nation of clipes we are becoming, and how much resilience we lack.

There is surely someone people can write to about this.

Aye, ok.

Let’s hope no black person ever gets called a ****** by someone and told to get off the bus/train/plane/out a shop etc. I mean, it’s just words and all that. The abuser might even have worked a bit long that day.

Edit: the swear filter didn’t seem to pick that one up somehow?
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 30-12-2019 at 09:43 AM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I think there is a wee bit of fantasy at play if anyone thinks this is a high enough level crime to merit trawling the CCTV.

It is hardly a life changing experience to be so pathetically insulted by someone who has obviously been working too long, and may be under who knows what stress.

No excuse for it, but maybe a reason, and possibly cause for people to get this into perspective.

To be honest what alarms me is what a nation of clipes we are becoming, and how much resilience we lack.

“nation of clipes” is quite a sweeping statement - can you see it that far away from the Philippines?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    “nation of clipes” is quite a sweeping statement - can you see it that far away from the Philippines?
    Only needs to be visible from New Mexico, tbf.

Refusing someone to travel in public transport due to their assumed religion/ethnicity is discriminatory and highly illegal.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's shocking if that's the case.
    Absolutely. No wonder we're having such a hard time getting rid of sectarianism when even the authorities don't treat it seriously.

If I spoke to a customer like that at my work I'd be out the door before I'd finished talking.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Now that you explain it, I can see my mistake.

The Orange Order are obviously sponsoring undercover cabbies to go about putting the Catholic (and look like Catholic) population in a state of alarm.

These guys could really do untold damage, by peddling their religious hatred incognito. If we don't act soon, this place could be like the Bogside before we know it.

This is part of the creeping domination of society by the LOL (they always make me laugh.)
    What you on about, and why are you trying to justify the bigot taxi drivers actions, you can't go about calling people fenians and refusing them service based on religion/ethnicity, c'mon to f*** man.

Bigot apologist

Surprised at a black cab driver carrying on like that to be honest. Why did none of the passengers not take his number and report it to the Council ?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    The problem with using irony to make a point is that people can often misunderstand the intention. Please hear me while I explain my position.

The actions of the taxi driver were beyond the pail. If the boys had his number, they would be right to complain to the cab office.

I happen to know of at least one cabbie who has done much the same to Hearts fans. Not big, not clever, but certainly human.

Then there is the famous Sparryheid story about a Hibs barman refusing to serve a Hearts supporter, for no other reason than he was a nerd.

I am completely in favour of the Police trying to track this guy down. However, I would be less happy if it meant resources being diverted from more serious crimes, such as robbery or sex crimes.

If, on arrest, the culprit was to acknowledge it was wrong, and give possible mitigating factors such as pressure of work, or personal problems, I would listen to them.

I would just like to see justice done, and a dispassionate approach to the truth.
    Good to see you back tracking after being called out