hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leigh Griffiths

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thoroughly concur.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Celtic won’t want him going down south , they already insist he lives beside the training ground these days. I can’t see it happen but it’s prob more likely than would seem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we wont be able to play him against Celtic in the SC final.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    His wages won’t be an issue if it’s a loan deal. Surely Celtic would want him going to another Scottish team that will possibly take points of the huns.
    This in a nutshell. After today's result they will be even more desperate to gain whatever advantage they can over Sevco.

Given Leighs well publicised personal issues and lack of match practice I don't think there will be a huge number of clubs knocking on Celtic's door either.

They know he'll have a good environment at Hibs, is loved by the fans and they can keep an eye on him.

A good half season with us and his value will shoot up. A loan move down south would mean they pay less of his wages now but its a bigger gamble.

I have no inside info but I don't think it's that far fetched.

Blog Entries
    Why would he want to come to us on loan and why would Celtic even consider it? He wants to get back in contention with Celtic and the fans are desperate for him to get back. Leaving Parkhead , even for a few months, doesn’t fit. Forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Why would he want to come to us on loan and why would Celtic even consider it? He wants to get back in contention with Celtic and the fans are desperate for him to get back. Leaving Parkhead , even for a few months, doesn’t fit. Forget it.
    This is complete conjecture on your part. What if Lennon doesnt fancy him anymore? What if they sign someone else and he drops to 4th choice for 1 position.

There are loads of reasons why he would potentially want to return for 4 months.

Left by mutual consent!
    That would be great however I would rather put as much money towards the shambles that is the first 1/3 of the team bar goalie

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    This is complete conjecture on your part. What if Lennon doesnt fancy him anymore? What if they sign someone else and he drops to 4th choice for 1 position.

There are loads of reasons why he would potentially want to return for 4 months.
    Every single post on this thread is conjecture, including yours, and particularly the OP!

@hibs.net private member

When he scored that double against England (feels like an eternity ago) I'd have laughed at him coming back.

Now it doesn't seem that odd. He's not getting a game, Celtic are looking at others forwards, he's had serious off field issues and Celtic will want to do whatever they can to help others take points off Sevco.

His stock is not that high at the moment. We're a known entity and the perfect environment to help get his career back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    When he scored that double against England (feels like an eternity ago) I'd have laughed at him coming back.

Now it doesn't seem that odd. He's not getting a game, Celtic are looking at others forwards, he's had serious off field issues and Celtic will want to do whatever they can to help others take points off Sevco.

His stock is not that high at the moment. We're a known entity and the perfect environment to help get his career back on track.
    Pure conjecture.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Pure conjecture.

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries

Isn’t all the stuff on here 99.9% conjecture. Griffiths has more chance of making the grade again at Celtic by staying there and fighting for a place and not by going out on loan. That defeat today is a time bomb under their dominanace and I think Griffiths will fancy his chances of getting involved there.

Isn’t all the stuff on here 99.9% conjecture. Griffiths has more chance of making the grade again at Celtic by staying there and fighting for a place and not by going out on loan. That defeat today is a time bomb under their dominanace and I think Griffiths will fancy his chances of getting involved there.
    This is just speculation on your part

My reply was poorly worded and should not have said conjecture

You are talking as fact about what Griffiths thinks, wherein you have literally no idea what he thinks/wants.

I was trying to say that there are many valid reasons why he would potentially want to come back here and that it isn't outwit the realms of possibility that he ends up at ER

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Celtic won’t want him going down south , they already insist he lives beside the training ground these days. I can’t see it happen but it’s prob more likely than would seem

He won't want to go south either, missed his kids too much last time down there, he'll want to stay up here if possible.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Leigh Griffiths will retire at Celtic.

He will never come back to us, and you can quote me on that.

Makes sense. He needs a big kickstart and where better than here.
    He’ll be able to play against Therangers and not Celtic.
    Loan makes sense.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Leigh Griffiths would have made no difference today. The midfield is as poor as I can remember and until that is sorted we will continue to struggle.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Leigh Griffiths would have made no difference today. The midfield is as poor as I can remember and until that is sorted we will continue to struggle.
    I don’t think we are a mile off. A decent DM allows Hallberg to play box to box and get up to support Scott Allan in attacking scenarios as well as offering more support to put back line, and Scott Allan has more opportunity to create.

I’d like a better option than Horgan but I think we need four players - DM, LW, ST, utility defender and we are good.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

What was the wage structure when he came on loan from Wolves? And was he not their top scorer when they loaned him to us?

Maybe Celtic think Hibs under Jack Ross would help him regain his form.

If LG's current form and situation at Celtic is not good for them both then it might coming here might be a win-win-win. If he comes and it falls short of our hopes what have we lost? His inclusion in the squad kept Vela out?

I was excited when Heckingbottom told us Hibs would play an exciting, high pressing game. After beating Hearts on Boxing day I was excited this morning and thought we might get on a winning streak. I am excited about the prospect of them being relegated.

I will let my hopes rise knowing they might be dashed. And if they are dashed I won't even insist the OP keeps to his word to delete his account. This is the Winter transfer talk that excites me. It's either this or JK Rowling and her spouse, who might be a psychiatrist or a GP, bailing out Hearts.

And I'm not above a bit of plagiarism.

All the above is not imo, just my conjecture.

He's coming home. And Celtc are paying for it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    IF Celtic are looking to loan him out to get game time then it's probably not inconceivable that Hibs are a destination they have considered.

They know we have a decent set up, they know we'll look after their player and they know he'll want to come here.

We probably couldn't afford a fraction of Stokes or Ambrose wage when they were loaned to us but that happened. It's a predictable rumour but not the most far fetched we will hear in the coming weeks. I'm not sure there's going to be a big queue of clubs down south wanting Griffiths and I'm not sure he would want to go down there again either.
    He could also help us and Celtic do damage to Rangers title hopes. Just saying. 😉

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    He's coming home. And Celtc are paying for it.

Donald Trump told me the same, and I believe him.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    He could also help us and Celtic do damage to Rangers title hopes. Just saying. 😉

Well, when you put it like that...

Celtc should make it worth our while. There’s a 9th title at stake...

Coaching Staff
    Substitute Derek Riodan for Leigh Griffiths & you have a thread from yester year.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Apparently he'll only come if we sign Berra, Haring and Naismith too...so looks like its on and we cover all requirement. Striker, Midfield and a useless twat in defence
    3 of their better players? On top of Leigh.. yes please.

And in response to another quote - I’ll be absolutely astounded if he finishes his career at Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Donald Trump told me the same, and I believe him.
    You should - I was there when the aliens told Trump.......

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Anyone else remember when loan players could play against their parent club. Never happens theses days...
    Think we can blame our very own budgie for that. Was it no Newcastle loaned him to Man City and he played a blunder against them and dented their title hopes???

Maybe I dreamt this :/