@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Yes

Tidy player

Always likely to nick a goal in big games

Besides Juve do not sign duds

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Staying positive he played ok today but I'd have liked to have seen more from both him and Horgan in the 2nd half. We were screaming out for a bit of composure on the ball and it wasn't until Mallan came on he made an effort to try and hold on to it to ease the pressure. Slivka is usually the player I look too to offer that but it wasn't happening for him today I'm that regard.
    Completely agree. Great determination by us today and a win is a win but the standard of football against a rank Hearts side was poor Horgan Slivka were disappointing .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    As a squad player - yes
    As a first choice - no

He’s as likely to follow up a good game (like Aberdeen) with a bad game (Ross County). No consistency. He’s been here long enough to give no indications as to why that would change in the next 6months.

He gives the midfield the midfield the best balance from what is available, and I’d move a few on before him, but wouldn’t lose any sleep if we released him and used his wage for someone else.
    I feel similarly. Happy to keep as a versatile squad player who always puts in a shift when called upon but not if it compromises getting in one or two new midfielders, which should be our priority in jan.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Yes every time. Has been since he came here.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Yes every time. Has been since he came here.
    Absolutely

Be mad to let him go- he’s still improving.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Absolutely yes!!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

It’s a yes from me.

Good player, some excellent attributes.

We do need to bolster the midfield with at least ones more player who can defend, but that will be a player to have in addition to Slivka, not instead of.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Definitely should try and extend his deal

Not flashy, no fuss, does a job, excellent on his day

Certainly a good squad player

Still only 24 as well

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Absolutely yes, not a starter as others have pointed out but he is a decent player imo

@hibs.net private member
    Difficult one. He's never been a certain starter but never far away either and I'm happy to say he's making a strong claim for a new deal with some good industrious performances this season. Ultimately it will be up to Ross to juggle the wage bill. If Slivka were to leave then it would leave a hole in the squad - could Ross make the team better spending those wages on a different player? His call - would be happy to see Vykintas stay as seems to be an improving player but not worth breaking the bank over.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Good player, he was brought in from the cold after being dropped and it’s not exactly the best environment to make your return - DM would suggest otherwise. He was hard done by to not make his comeback sooner imo.

Definitely

Big yes, he’s does what you don’t notice.

He's the better option to put beside Halberg due to his size and ability to run and occasionally tackle more than Mallan. But I still think he lacks a bit of dig required, thought too often he vacated space for Hearts to drive into. There was a spell as well where he gave the ball way every time he touched it in the first half.

The guy has had 2.5 years here and I think in that time he's shown glimpses of why we thought he would turn out a player when signing him but over the entire period he's failed to show us why he should stay beyond this season for me.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    He's the better option to put beside Halberg due to his size and ability to run and occasionally tackle more than Mallan. But I still think he lacks a bit of dig required, thought too often he vacated space for Hearts to drive into. There was a spell as well where he gave the ball way every time he touched it in the first half.

The guy has had 2.5 years here and I think in that time he's shown glimpses of why we thought he would turn out a player when signing him but over the entire period he's failed to show us why he should stay beyond this season for me.
    Get your point but he's still definitely young enough to improve

More than good enough squad player with still potential to become a starter for me

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Yes. Very neat and tidy player, his only downfall was not being McGinn-like with his surging runs that got fans on his back a bit.

I like to think I'd have said yes to him regardless of him playing well yesterday and our 2-0 win but I certainly think this thread would have looked different had the result not been favourable.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Get your point but he's still definitely young enough to improve

More than good enough squad player with still potential to become a starter for me

Definitely could improve but I'm wondering if a change of scenery will bring that out of him. He needs to put a run of form together between now and the end of the season to win me round sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

Strange that, I thought we won and Slivka was an integral part of that win
    He certainly was.👍

Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post
    What do others see in him been here long enough for him to shine but only produced in a few games put it this how many other teams have tried to sign him from us mmmm that will be none
    How do you know how many teams have tried to sign him ya slaver.

I’d keep him as a squad player.

He’s shown on his day he’s a good player and has good athleticism and good at driving forward with the ball or making runs.

He’s just missing the consistency to be a key player if we’re wanting to finish in the top 3/4.

Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post
    What do others see in him been here long enough for him to shine but only produced in a few games put it this how many other teams have tried to sign him from us mmmm that will be none
    We win our second derby in a row at Tynecastle. A great team effort from the players and fans. And YOUR first thought is to come on here and post that 🙄 I bet you're a hoot at parties.

Possibly.

I'd prefer a proper defensive midfielder but Slivka is a good option to have in the squad either as depth or for games where we expect to dominate possession so don't need a pure defender.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    I was expecting significant improvement from him over a period to be honest and he was careless in possession a few times. I wouldn’t start start a thread on the guy the day of a derby pumping over them though.

Every Allan and Mallan needs a Slivka type

Know I'm in the minority but I'm not a fan and don't get why so many rate him.

Yes, but needs to play regularly and could maybe do with some help with his confidence.

Definitely has the talent I think.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    Big yes, he’s does what you don’t notice.
    Ha ha that old chestnut
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    How do you know how many teams have tried to sign him ya slaver.
    No need

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    We win our second derby in a row at Tynecastle. A great team effort from the players and fans. And YOUR first thought is to come on here and post that 🙄 I bet you're a hoot at parties.
    There was a question asked he gave his opinion that is what you're supposed to do ! If we win a derby should all 14 players taking part get new contracts ?

I’ve always been never really fussed for slivka. But if he keeps showing same sort of desire like Thursday that will work. Worthy of a one year deal if Ross thinks we can’t get better imo.

Has his moments, but I would hope we could sign an upgrade. He's been here a while and not yet cemented his place in the team.