hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ron Gordon ... again.

As I said when Ron Gordon took over the club, it is a very stupid person who buys a football club and thinks that if it goes wrong they wont be the ultimate target for the ire of its supporters ... even I'm not fickle enough to start having a serious go at him this early, but the signs are not good thus far and if his tenure as Hibs owner is to be memorable for the right reasons there are a few things he needs to start looking to do.

1) Find a way to increase the wage bill at this club which will enable us to compete with everybody in Scotland outside of the OF and at least put a team on the park able to make the uglies games with us a bit more than the 'gimmie' for them the last few have been. That for me means finding a way to be a consistently higher paying club than Aberdeen.

2) Off the field we appear to be a club going backwards. Since the start of this season there has been issues with the turnstiles and for the second time in the last three home games last night there was a problem with the FF turnstiles which resulted in folk missing the kick off ... the 3rd time its happened to me this season, once in the east and twice in the FF, there is clearly an ongoing problem and it should have been addressed by now. The PA system is nothing short of woeful and it needs sorted as well.

3) He needs to convert the FF lower into an ultras, singing, standing ... whatever ... section. I don't care what anybody says, Easter Road is absolutely crying out for this, its blindingly obvious.

Yes all this costs money ... a lot of money ... But from where I stand the alpha and omega of football club ownership is to provided that money and if you cant do it yourself find a way to raise it without busting the club. That's the job of the owner and if Ron Gordon didn't have that in mind when he bought the club then my question to him is ... why did you bother in the first place?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Ego trip? That is only my thinking of why he bought us
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Understand Strategic plans will be shared publicly early Q1 of 2020.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I said when Ron Gordon took over the club, it is a very stupid person who buys a football club and thinks that if it goes wrong they wont be the ultimate target for the ire of its supporters ... even I'm not fickle enough to start having a serious go at him this early, but the signs are not good thus far and if his tenure as Hibs owner is to be memorable for the right reasons there are a few things he needs to start looking to do.

1) Find a way to increase the wage bill at this club which will enable us to compete with everybody in Scotland outside of the OF and at least put a team on the park able to make the uglies games with us a bit more than the 'gimmie' for them the last few have been. That for me means finding a way to be a consistently higher paying club than Aberdeen.

2) Off the field we appear to be a club going backwards. Since the start of this season there has been issues with the turnstiles and for the second time in the last three home games last night there was a problem with the FF turnstiles which resulted in folk missing the kick off ... the 3rd time its happened to me this season, once in the east and twice in the FF, there is clearly an ongoing problem and it should have been addressed by now. The PA system is nothing short of woeful and it needs sorted as well.

3) He needs to convert the FF lower into an ultras, singing, standing ... whatever ... section. I don't care what anybody says, Easter Road is absolutely crying out for this, its blindingly obvious.

Yes all this costs money ... a lot of money ... But from where I stand the alpha and omega of football club ownership is to provided that money and if you cant do it yourself find a way to raise it without busting the club. That's the job of the owner and if Ron Gordon didn't have that in mind when he bought the club then my question to him is ... why did you bother in the first place?
    I don’t see the point in these type of posts that usually come after defeats.

Are you thinking that the timing of letting us know the future plans will suddenly be brought forward or something?

Let’s see what he has to say in January.

One bad loss and:

Attack Leann Dempster? Check

Attack Ron Gordon? Check.

Can we have some threads on the other usual subjects now please.

The Training Centre

The Family Stand.

Volunteers?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    One bad loss and:

Attack Leann Dempster? Check

Attack Ron Gordon? Check.

Can we have some threads on the other usual subjects now please.

The Training Centre

The Family Stand.

Volunteers?

Aye all is rosy right enough

Ffs the guy said he’d be sharing the strategic plan shortly. Can you not wait until then before questioning his “motives”.? As someone else mentioned, it appears no coincidence that this stuff only seems to surface after a disappointment on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Ffs the guy said he’d be sharing the strategic plan shortly. Can you not wait until then before questioning his “motives”.? As someone else mentioned, it appears no coincidence that this stuff only seems to surface after a disappointment on the pitch.
    We have heard nothing from him. The wait better be worth it

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Aye all is rosy right enough
    No one is saying that.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    How much did we hear from tom farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No one is saying that.
    Quoted after poster saying this occurs after one bad loss. For me it's a combination of a horrid season this far

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    How much did we hear from tom farmer
    Ah that old chestnut

Eh, we did. Did you not watch his interview when he said he hoped he’d be able to share his plans towards the end of the year/start of next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I don’t see the point in these type of posts that usually come after defeats.

Are you thinking that the timing of letting us know the future plans will suddenly be brought forward or something?

Let’s see what he has to say in January.
    You are right mate, it is after a defeat when posts like this come along ... how could anybody after watching that last night not feel anything but negative, but inspired by negativity or not the things I have highlighted are no less valid and real issues for this football club.

We do need to find a way to increase the wage budget at this club, for far too long we have languished behind Aberdeen and Hearts, our direct long term competition for cups and European places in the area of playing budget and comparative league position over the last 20 years is proof positive that it has made a difference.

The turnstiles 'have' been an ongoing issue since the new system was introduced and it 'does' need sorted.

The atmosphere at ER apart from in a couple of games a season is generally pish and the lower FF needs to be made to happen and encouraged by the club to become a real focus for atmosphere with 2000 loud and noisy fans in it at every game .... it can be done and it should be done.

So as I said .... As owner that's Ron Gordon's job and if he is incapable of doing it or thinks it cant be done, then as I said ... what the hell is the point of him?

I don't want to hear utterances from our new owner about being realistic either. I live my life being 'realistic' ... I'm realistic enough to know I cant have a Rolls Royce or live in a mansion with a super model. So when it comes to football ... **** realism.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 21-12-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Just because we hit a half decent wee run doesnt mean the problems that were there before both on and off the pitch dissapear or should be swept under the carpet.

Ah that old chestnut
    Cant remember seeing as many posts from you then moaning about not hearing from him? As someone else mentioned, it was predictable this would pop up and predictable that certain posters would comment. He gave an interview not so long ago but I'm guessing you chose to ignore that fact so you can have another pop at the board

Coaching Staff
    You are right mate, it is after a defeat when posts like this come along ... how could anybody after watching that last night not feel anything but negative, but inspired by negativity or not the things I have highlighted are no less valid and real issues for this football club.

We do need to find a way to increase the wage budget at this club, for far too long we have languished behind Aberdeen and Hearts, our direct long term competition for cups and European places in the area of playing budget and comparative league position over the last 20 years is proof positive that it has made a difference.

The turnstiles 'have' been an ongoing issue since the new system was introduced and it 'does' need sorted.

The atmosphere at ER apart from in a couple of games a season is generally pish and the lower FF needs to be made to happen and encouraged by the club to become a real focus for atmosphere with 2000 loud and noisy fans in it at every game .... it can be done and it should be done.

So as I said .... As owner that's Ron Gordon's job and if he is incapable of doing it or thinks it cant be done, then as I said ... what the hell is the point of him?

I don't want to hear utterances from our new owner about being realistic either. I live my life being 'realistic' ... I'm realistic enough to know I cant have a Rolls Royce or live in a mansion with a super model. So when it comes to football ... **** realism.
    Yep and he’s said that the plans are being worked on and will be announced early next year. Perhaps we can hear that before questioning his motives?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

I get your point, but one question is where the 2000 loud and noisy fans are going to be found? How many are in the existing 'singing section'? There are, as far as I can see, a couple of hundred 'singers' regularly at matches.

Build it and they will come? That is a risky strategy and not one that is guaranteed to work.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Ron and the board will be working on a mid/long term strategy for the club, whilst ensuring we operate effectively at our current level, that's their job.

There's no magic wand an owner can wave that makes us beat Rangers. Significant changes to infrastructure take time and planning, else you end up with a failure (cc. Hearts' new stand).

Personally I think a man with no prior alligences to Hibs, who decides to come in and wipe all of our debt (plus an additional cash injection) has already made a significant contribution to the club.

I don't understand how any other judgements could be made at this point.

Cant remember seeing as many posts from you then moaning about not hearing from him? As someone else mentioned, it was predictable this would pop up and predictable that certain posters would comment. He gave an interview not so long ago but I'm guessing you chose to ignore that fact so you can have another pop at the board
    Oh dear.... You happy with our regression?

Regression, are we debt free now?

Regression, are we debt free now?
    And how is our team doing?

You don’t half slaver some pish.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    You don’t half slaver some pish.
    Really?

And how is our team doing?
    That's not what I asked, are we debt free?

Are we not higher in the league than we were this time last season?

That's not what I asked, are we debt free?
    And what do we have to show for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Are we not higher in the league than we were this time last season?
    You know that answer so why ask. We are poor all over the park

You know that answer so why ask. We are poor all over the park
    So we've not regressed then?

And what do we have to show for it?
    No debt.