hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Marciano

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why blame Stevenson No options going forward so passes back to the keeper who had plenty time to get rid of the ball but made a mess of it .Only one person to blame and that's the keeper

Not blaming him. He could have put it out for a throw though, give the team a chance to regroup. Cant score from row Z.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    You forgot to say that he thinks he’s better than he actually is. Always rattling on about getting a move away to a bigger club.

Last night gave me horrible horrible memories of Zibi.............

I’m a bit fan of Marciano but the first goal was 100% his fault. Stevenson was pish last night but the pass to Marciano was totally fine.

To be fair, I think Marciano’s time is up at Hibs. He’s getting more inconsistent and I’m not sure he really wants to be here any more. Just hope we can keep Bogdan and don’t end up with the likes of Maxwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Here we go, Our defences biggest fan. How many goals/games will he have to lose before you admit the defence is not good enough?
    When stevenson doesn't have a pass on forward he will go sideways or back. Thats football.... it doesn't always go forward. You revel in Hibs having bad games. You'd be replacing the whole team every week!

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    When stevenson doesn't have a pass on forward he will go sideways or back. Thats football.... it doesn't always go forward. You revel in Hibs having bad games. You'd be replacing the whole team every week!

You completely avoided the question.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Almost every time Stevenson got the ball he looked forward to see statues standing and no one showing for the ball, all he could do was pass either sideways or backwards. Perfect example was a throw in during the 1st half, it took him an age to take it while players all stood there with zero movement, the East stand were shouting at the players for some movement, eventually he took a high throw in which Flo lost and possession back to Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Almost every time Stevenson got the ball he looked forward to see statues standing and no one showing for the ball, all he could do was pass either sideways or backwards. Perfect example was a throw in during the 1st half, it took him an age to take it while players all stood there with zero movement, the East stand were shouting at the players for some movement, eventually he took a high throw in which Flo lost and possession back to Rangers.
    Exactly.

You completely avoided the question.
    Coz its a stupid qn. You are trying to quantify how poor the defence are based on goals conceded. Football is played by all 11 players. All 11 players need to defend. The Midfield and Forwards provided no help at all last night. Replacing the whole defence would have made no difference last night.

The diamond has its strengths but it is currently hanging Lewis out to dry.

I think we’re missing Newell actually, he plays that position well, knowing when to attack, when to defend, when to go wide and when to drift inside.

Not sure it was ever going to work against that Rangers team though.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Theres not a chance he is getting it, havent seen anyone except you claim he should have saved the 3rd, it went in like a rocket, theres no chance he was saving the 3rd, you must have some reflexes if you think that was saveable from that distance
    Record number of shutouts for the ScotRail first eleven don’t you know.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Record number of shutouts for the ScotRail first eleven don’t you know.
    😁

6 pages discussing this. He had a stinker, it was purely his fault and he'll know it. Still a really good goalie who has saved us many many more than he's cost us.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    For a goalkeeper known for being very limited with ball at feet his first thought in that situation should have been to launch it down the park, which he had plenty time to do. But no, he decided to practice his dribbling skills! Great at trying to make run of the mill saves look hard, not much great at anything else.

Sums it up

Not true at all. Every time he was passed the ball his first touch automatically goes 10 yards back so his only option is a pass to Hanlon. When it came to throw ins it always needs to be safe for him to throw it, he doesn’t trust people to take the ball under pressure.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    For a goalkeeper known for being very limited with ball at feet his first thought in that situation should have been to launch it down the park, which he had plenty time to do. But no, he decided to practice his dribbling skills! Great at trying to make run of the mill saves look hard, not much great at anything else.

Sums it up

I am sorry but I am done with Rocky

If he is playing I won’t be going

What is the point?

Give the jersey to someone that gives a f##k!

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

What is the point?

You're not going to go to the derby if Marciano is playing? Strange behaviour. Thats up there with I won't give Hearts the money excuse!

You're not going to go to the derby if Marciano is playing? Strange behaviour. Thats up there with I won't give Hearts the money excuse!
    TBH I used to go to Hearts one week HIBS the next but was always a Hibby

I have never been back to Tiny since Wallet Mercenary tried his abortive takeover I won’t give Hearts my money ( apart from semis).

I have never been a fan of Rocky he could never do the basics well even although he was capable of brilliant instinctive saves but poor at decision making and distribution for an international goalkeeper

I went to the game on Friday and my mate asked me how the game was going to go I said mark my words Rocky will make a mistake from a kick out and sell the jerseys

It lasted 3 minutes ????

You said it yourself did not look interested and made no attempt for the third

If Rocky cannae be bothered I cannae be bothered

Simples
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 21-12-2019 at 09:30 PM.

What is the point?

It’s going to be a bit inconvenient to wait until an hour before kickoff to decide whether you’re attending or not, no?

What happens for sellouts? Just not going to go in case Marciano is playing or are you going to buy a ticket just in case?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

I have never been back to Tiny since Wallet Mercenary tried his abortive takeover I won’t give Hearts my money ( apart from semis).

I have never been a fan of Rocky he could never do the basics well even although he was capable of brilliant instinctive saves but poor at decision making and distribution for an international goalkeeper

I went to the game on Friday and my mate asked me how the game was going to go I said mark my words Rocky will make a mistake from a kick out and sell the jerseys

It lasted 3 minutes ????

Simples
    I'll take your ticket!

Left by mutual consent!
    My impression of Marciano couldn't careless for Hibs and thinks he is bigger than the club.

His attitude in the half time warm ups recently, wandering about with his hands in his pockets have been terrible. Makes me wonder what hes like in training. Press releases when away with Israel. Hes been trying to engineer a move for months.

Hes definitely better than Maxwell but i think Bogdan is the better goalie. Marciano is prone to a few howlers where as Bogdan never let us down.

If we could get some cash for him in January i would be delighted

It lasted 3 minutes ????

Simples
    Bizarre approach. If we all stopped going because of players mistakes, ER would be empty. Each to their own I guess but I'll stick to supporting my team.

What is the point?

It lasted 3 minutes ????

Simples
    In short you are not going

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    My impression of Marciano couldn't careless for Hibs and thinks he is bigger than the club.

His attitude in the half time warm ups recently, wandering about with his hands in his pockets have been terrible. Makes me wonder what hes like in training. Press releases when away with Israel. Hes been trying to engineer a move for months.

Hes definitely better than Maxwell but i think Bogdan is the better goalie. Marciano is prone to a few howlers where as Bogdan never let us down.

If we could get some cash for him in January i would be delighted

Pretty much this.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
    Last night gave me horrible horrible memories of Zibi.............
    Please don’t even go there! 🤮

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Not true at all. Every time he was passed the ball his first touch automatically goes 10 yards back so his only option is a pass to Hanlon. When it came to throw ins it always needs to be safe for him to throw it, he doesn’t trust people to take the ball under pressure.
    I said the same on Friday (i say it most weeks tbh) he never takes the ball forward with his first touch, always stops it or knocks it back first, even when no one is around him, allowing players to close him down. The perfect opposite example is Slivka, his first touch is nearly always moving him forward, opening up the play.

De Gea will be up for sale in January