hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marciano

Marciano

Bit early i know but any update on the injury yet? Bit of a blow that as he was having a good game. Hopefully not serious but if it is i hope Bogdan is in goals on Friday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit early i know but any update on the injury yet? Bit of a blow that as he was having a good game. Hopefully not serious but if it is i hope Bogdan is in goals on Friday.
    Agree with both points though Bogdan hasn't played much.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree with both points though Bogdan hasn't played much.
    Don't think that's too much of an issue for a keeper. He'll be playing in games every day in training

If Marciano injured for Friday then we must play Bogdan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    If Marciano injured for Friday then we must play Bogdan.
    Aye Maxwell is pretty humpty.

I heard he punched Pat Fenlon in the face and told Billy Brown to **** off at HT

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I heard he punched Pat Fenlon in the face and told Billy Brown to **** off at HT
    Then demanded a taxi to take him back to Edinburgh.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I know somebody who used to tell Billy Brown to **** off pre , during and after the game
    Eamonn Bannon as well.

Maxwell needs punted he's guff.

Bring on the Bogdan

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Maxwell is far from poor but I think Bogdan is the better keeper IMO. I actually think both are better than Marciano. It’s great we have good options.

Bogdan must start Friday if Marciano can’t. Not going through Maxwell carry on again.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Jack Ross said it’s a calf injury. Hopefully he hasn’t done any serious damage as he didn’t play on with it .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Maxwell is far from poor but I think Bogdan is the better keeper IMO. I actually think both are better than Marciano. It’s great we have good options.
    no idea how you could possibly think maxwell is better than marciano.

bogdan for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Bogdan must start Friday if Marciano can’t. Not going through Maxwell carry on again.
    What carry on is that? Don’t tell me he’s suddenly getting filed in the he’s pish category 🙈

I’d say there’s no chance of Bogdan starting Friday

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Is there any news on Bogdan's progress/fitness yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    What carry on is that? Don’t tell me he’s suddenly getting filed in the he’s pish category 🙈

I’d say there’s no chance of Bogdan starting Friday
    I’d personally say Maxwell has had enough games that I don’t think he is a stronger keeper than Bogdan or Marciano. Maxwell made an absolute stinker of the Ross county goal and dropped the ball in the league cup semi. Again. My opinion

Testimonial Due
    Heard it was a cover for his poor kicking and distribution which was giving the ball back to Celtic. Also,defense had to play deep as he does not like to come off his line and not great with his feet. All bringing too much pressure on us. It will be same against Rangers so doubt he will start. Will be Maxwell. Bogdan although fit does not have top team match sharpness yet. Big difference between doing it in training and in a big match when you have been out for so long.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    I’d personally say Maxwell has had enough games that I don’t think he is a stronger keeper than Bogdan or Marciano. Maxwell made an absolute stinker of the Ross county goal and dropped the ball in the league cup semi. Again. My opinion
    Rocky has had his fair share of howlers as does most keepers. IMO Maxwell should not be filed under pish especially when you look at some of the keepers we have had. Bogdan for me has had far less mistakes than either.
    Last edited by greenlex; 17-12-2019 at 09:04 AM.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    No chance maxwell is better than marciano

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Heard it was a cover for his poor kicking and distribution which was giving the ball back to Celtic. Also,defense had to play deep as he does not like to come off his line and not great with his feet. All bringing too much pressure on us. It will be same against Rangers so doubt he will start. Will be Maxwell. Bogdan although fit does not have top team match sharpness yet. Big difference between doing it in training and in a big match when you have been out for so long.
    I think you've heard wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I think you've heard wrong
    Agree but it’s a good conspiracy story to get the bed wetting started 😉, no manager in the world would sub a keeper at half time for that reason stated especially when he did well and pulled of a couple of decent saves first half

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    So who did you hear this from?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Agree but it’s a good conspiracy story to get the bed wetting started 😉, no manager in the world would sub a keeper at half time for that reason stated especially when he did well and pulled of a couple of decent saves first half
    Jock Stein in vital world cup qualifier did.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    So who did you hear this from?
    A source inside East Mains.

Testimonial Due
    I've heard from an unnamed source in East Mains that this untrue.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Bogdan although fit does not have top team match sharpness yet. Big difference between doing it in training and in a big match when you have been out for so long.
    Bogdan was actually quite poor in the first few games he played for Hibs the last time around, people were already starting to write him off but it turned out it was just a lack of match sharpness. That said, if that's used as a reason not to play him, how will he ever get the big match level sharpness back?

I think we need to stick Bogdan in and ideally get him on a longer term contract. Maxwell isn't our player while Marciano clearly fancies a move and is probably a bit overrated anyway.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    deleted
    Why? If you watched the game you could see the problems that were being caused by Marciano's kicking and distribution. He is a good shot stopper but poor in the other areas of goal keeping. Why would you not make a substitution to alleviate the pressure and push the back 4 forward. As I said Jock Stein did it in a world cup qualifier to good effect.

Think match sharpness is of less importance to a goalkeeper than an outfield player.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Why? If you watched the game you could see the problems that were being caused by Marciano's kicking and distribution. He is a good shot stopper but poor in the other areas of goal keeping. Why would you not make a substitution to alleviate the pressure and push the back 4 forward. As I said Jock Stein did it in a world cup qualifier to good effect.
    I'm curious about which game this was you refer to.
    Are you referring to the game down in Wales when Leighton and Roughie were switched?

If so, the switch was simply because Jim Leighton had lost a contact lens during the first half and was having trouble focusing due to that. Even worse Leighton didn't have any spare contact lenses with him.
    Stein had no choice but to take Leighton off at halftime and bring Roughie on.
    That's the facts mate, Stein had no no other reason for the switch, just those simple facts.

GGTTH
    Last edited by Eaststand; 17-12-2019 at 09:21 AM.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    I'm curious about which game this was you refer to.
    Are you referring to the game down in Wales when Leighton and Roughie were switched?

If so, the switch was simply because Jim Leighton had lost a contact lens during the first half and was having trouble focusing due to that. Even worse Leighton didn't have any spare contact lenses with him.
    Stein had no choice but to take Leighton off at halftime and bring Roughie on.
    That's the facts mate, Stein had no no other reason for the switch, just those simple facts.

GGTTH
    Neither Alex Ferguson Jock Steins Assistant that night or Aberdeen team mate Gordon Strachan knew that Leighton wore contact lenses

I was behind the goals that night squashed into the Scotland end and when I saw Roughie coming out for the second half I started singing “Scotland’s No1” everyone thought I was off my heid

Scenes when Davey Cooper scored his equalising penalty Southall almost got to it only to be followed by sadness at the final whistle