hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Stendal

@hibs.net private member
    But his Barnsley team finished ahead of Sunderland managed by a guy that is now at Hibs. Don't you understand that's all that matters?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gegenpress

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done agent Stendel. Broadsword calling Danny Boy.
    Priceless!

Wish someone with the knowledge/ability could make up a wee photoshop with stendel/Richard Burton and that message displayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    He may have a style of play, but not with this squad. Expect major surgery in the window.
    I don’t. They are toiling for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I don’t. They are toiling for cash.
    Yeah but the Benefactors!!

1-5 and all that

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Can't believe the easy ride he's getting from Hearts fans and the media given the fanfare and the build up from the Barnsley Galacticos fanbase and media down there - a team who incidentally have turned their form right around since his departure

This is a guy who has had a very very favourable run of opening (managerial) fixtures - three at home, one against a team who hadn't won away in a year, one to a side who hadn't won in ages, both of whom were the foot of the table, and a home derby. He has already caused division in their dressing room, publicly called out the senior pros in a press conference, some already want away, he cannot communicate well from what I have seen and heard, and he allows the previous manager to speak with the players pre-derby and he goes home prior to the most bitterly contested fixture in the calendar.

Hasn't lasted a year in his previous two jobs yet their fans still blame Levein and MacPhee.

Kris Boyd was right to call out Mulraney today - I don't think I've ever seen a player wearing headphones in any warm up in a fixture ever before - their standards are appalling. Heard their players had a wee set too post-game too in the dressing room.

Please give him a contract extension 'mon the benefactors, sign him up for longer
    What choice have they got? They can’t turn on a new manager this quickly when it took them so long to get rid of the last one.

I made a pretty pessimistic call at the start of the season that I thought we could go down. I felt it was inevitable that Heckingbottom would be sacked and my fear was that if we got his replacement wrong, you’re pretty much ****ed.

Fortunately my fears seem to have transpired for Hearts rather than us which is absolutely fantastic.

They’ve got no option but to follow him blindly. The writing was on the wall after the Celtic game as some of their fans thought they played well in that game, they really didn’t.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    But he knows fancy names for pressing and it is only a matter of time until he exploits the quality of the Hearts side Better still, he is bringing Cockrane back from Dunfermline and so will have access to a world class midfielder

Lots of pubs in Gorgie too

Worried yet?
    I’m not sure what Gunther expects from Cockring.
    He’s unlikely to make much difference to an already poor side.
    Pal of mine is a ST holder at the Pars and says Cockring has added very little, when he gets a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Priceless! Wish someone with the knowledge/ability could make up a wee photoshop with stendel/Richard Burton and that message displayed Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    What choice have they got? They can’t turn on a new manager this quickly when it took them so long to get rid of the last one.

I made a pretty pessimistic call at the start of the season that I thought we could go down. I felt it was inevitable that Heckingbottom would be sacked and my fear was that if we got his replacement wrong, you’re pretty much ****ed.

Fortunately my fears seem to have transpired for Hearts rather than us which is absolutely fantastic.

They’ve got no option but to follow him blindly. The writing was on the wall after the Celtic game as some of their fans thought they played well in that game, they really didn’t.
    There is a thread on keek back asking if Stendal has lost the dressing room 😂😂
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

USAHibby, thank you - Is it ok to use that image?

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    USAHibby, thank you - Is it ok to use that image? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Don’t think there’s any doubt about that.

All the signs are there that the current players aren’t onside with him.

If he turns it around, and I don’t think he will, it will be after he brings in different players.

I bet if you were to ask the players if they’d have rather been in on Christmas Day they would have , from a professional perspective of course they had to be in and the players at the club will know that.

Jack Ross said in his interview he’s spent the last few days reminding the players of all the good things they’ve done under his management. The hearts manager spent the last few days on the piss back in Germany not even talking to the players. That’s hugely significant surely.

@hibs.net private member

If he turns it around, and I don’t think he will, it will be after he brings in different players.

I bet if you were to ask the players if they’d have rather been in on Christmas Day they would have , from a professional perspective of course they had to be in and the players at the club will know that.

Jack Ross said in his interview he’s spent the last few days reminding the players of all the good things they’ve done under his management. The hearts manager spent the last few days on the piss back in Germany not even talking to the players. That’s hugely significant surely.
    I think Stendel is genuinely shocked by how bad his players are. He must have been offered a crazy wage as he doesn’t appear to have done any due diligence about Hearts at all. A puzzling appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    I think Stendel is genuinely shocked by how bad his players are. He must have been offered a crazy wage as he doesn’t appear to have done any due diligence about Hearts at all. A puzzling appointment
    Their No1 target after Derek Adams could be on between 8 and 12k a week going by what’s been said!

Quote Originally Posted by USAHibby View Post
    Quality, this site needs a like button.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    I have been loving all the ‘in Stendel we trust’ stuff which has been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks when to be honest, none of them could have picked him out of an identity parade two months ago
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 26-12-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Allowing for the slightly different spelling,
    still thinking this is wonderfully ironic...

"Stendhal syndrome, Stendhal's syndrome or Florence syndrome is a psychosomatic condition involving rapid heartbeat, fainting, confusion and even hallucinations, allegedly occurring when individuals become exposed to objects or phenomena of great beauty."

He's got the disbelieving stupor down to a tee, probably not because of the reasons above.

Poundland klopp

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Poundland klopp
    Jurgen Flop

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Spot on.

I'm honestly astonished that he thought it would be ok to take time off just now, given the state they're in and the magnitude of the game today.

I dare say Levein would have had them in.

Leaders are supposed to lead, Jack Ross did it, Stendel was posted missing.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Jurgen Flop
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Allowing for the slightly different spelling,
    still thinking this is wonderfully ironic...

"Stendhal syndrome, Stendhal's syndrome or Florence syndrome is a psychosomatic condition involving rapid heartbeat, fainting, confusion and even hallucinations, allegedly occurring when individuals become exposed to objects or phenomena of great beauty."

He's got the disbelieving stupor down to a tee, probably not because of the reasons above.
    They had him the first time he saw the glass curtain.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Can't believe the easy ride he's getting from Hearts fans and the media given the fanfare and the build up from the Barnsley Galacticos fanbase and media down there - a team who incidentally have turned their form right around since his departure

This is a guy who has had a very very favourable run of opening (managerial) fixtures - three at home, one against a team who hadn't won away in a year, one to a side who hadn't won in ages, both of whom were the foot of the table, and a home derby. He has already caused division in their dressing room, publicly called out the senior pros in a press conference, some already want away, he cannot communicate well from what I have seen and heard, and he allows the previous manager to speak with the players pre-derby and he goes home prior to the most bitterly contested fixture in the calendar.

Hasn't lasted a year in his previous two jobs yet their fans still blame Levein and MacPhee.

Kris Boyd was right to call out Mulraney today - I don't think I've ever seen a player wearing headphones in any warm up in a fixture ever before - their standards are appalling. Heard their players had a wee set too post-game too in the dressing room.

Please give him a contract extension 'mon the benefactors, sign him up for longer
    Genuinely was staggered by that when watching bits of the game back tonight. Astounding a professional player would do that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Spot on.

I'm honestly astonished that he thought it would be ok to take time off just now, given the state they're in and the magnitude of the game today.

Deserters vil be shot.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Spot on.

From what I'm hearing from my Hearts mate very close to the ground there are a few players who hoped he didn't come back Massive divides in their dressing room with some players hearing via third party they're off. Posted a couple of weeks back he made a very unwise decision to call out certain senior pros and there are players aligned to some of them that don't rate Stendel one bit and have downed tools accordingly - I think calling them a circus is being very kind indeed - they're in a far worse state than that

On a separate note, when is Craig Halkett due to give birth don't think I've seen a centre half at this level with a pot belly

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    From what I'm hearing from my Hearts mate very close to the ground there are a few players who hoped he didn't come back Massive divides in their dressing room with some players hearing via third party they're off. Posted a couple of weeks back he made a very unwise decision to call out certain senior pros and there are players aligned to some of them that don't rate Stendel one bit and have downed tools accordingly - I think calling them a circus is being very kind indeed - they're in a far worse state than that

On a separate note, when is Craig Halkett due to give birth don't think I've seen a centre half at this level with a pot belly
    Very interesting. Stendel already looks like he doesn't want to be there. Having your sacked predecessor hanging about is just lunacy. Calling out your players is stupid though. It never works. The wheels are well and truly coming off in Gorgie. They are an absolute basket case of a club.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    At least he'll have his modelling career to fall back on.

Or a job licking envelopes.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    But his Barnsley team finished ahead of Sunderland managed by a guy that is now at Hibs. Don't you understand that's all that matters?
    Haha I cringed at that statement for hearts, bafoons the lot of them 🤣

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    At least he'll have his modelling career to fall back on.

Or a job licking envelopes.
    Stendel responds... :)

"We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post

I think the Jambos might be shocked by how bad Stendel is. Those ‘personal reasons’ for going back to Germany must have been fairly exceptional because he obviously didn’t have detailed training plans for the players.

They are in a hole.