hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that D.

I remember being up at Pittodrie for an away game with 2 mutual acquaintences who were nattily clad in woollen bobble hats. This was long before the days of "Jimmy" hats but one of the hats had "Jimmy" knitted in to it while the other had "O'Rourke."

Half an hour after the game had finished we were heading back to the car and the great man himself happened to be walking in the opposite direction, when he saw the hats he burst into raucous laughter and had a smile that the man in the moon would have been proud of.

Great days.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant clips and pretty sure I was at St Johnstone game. Shame no footage of some of the great European nights such as Sporting Lisbon when we horsed them 6 1 with Jimmy scoring a hat trick. What a wonderful team that was with Jimmy a key part of it. Left the club too early and summed it up when he scored the winner on his first game back at ER for st Johnstone.
    The St J game was a cup tie in 1974. The week before an obviously unfit Joe Harper had made his debut at Falkirk & replaced Alan Gordon. Gordon was restored for the visit to Muirton & the embrace between him & Jimmy after the 3rd says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    The years may go by but we never grow old.

How is Jimmy... anyone?

Growing older is inevitable, Growing up is optional

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    The freekick was from a 2-6 defeat from Celtic in the League Cup Final at Hampden on 5/4/1969 delayed because of a fire in stand earlier in the season
    We headed back to the bus at 6-0 and when we got there, driver told us about Hibs scoring 2 late goals. Gutted I missed them, but I was only 10.

Pity there isn’t any footage of the semi at Tiny beating Dundee 1-0. My dad took me and my Jambo mate, who still remembers it and hating Hibs winning there that night.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    We headed back to the bus at 6-0 and when we got there, driver told us about Hibs scoring 2 late goals. Gutted I missed them, but I was only 10.

Pity there isn’t any footage of the semi at Tiny beating Dundee 1-0. My dad took me and my Jambo mate, who still remembers it and hating Hibs winning there that night.
    2-1

George McLean gave Dundee the lead but Colin Stein equalised 30 seconds later

With 15 minutes left Allan McGraw was carried off with a leg injury

HIBS had already used their sub and were down to ten men but McGraw reappeared and scored a late winner off his knee from Eric Stevenson’s corner

Wilson, Shevlane, Davis,Cousin, Stanton McGraw,Scott, Quinn, Stein, Cormack and Stevenson sub ORourke

Att: 19752

Glory Glory

2-1

HIBS had already used their sub and were down to ten men but McGraw reappeared and scored a late winner off his knee from Eric Stevenson’s corner

Wilson, Shevlane, Davis,Cousin, Stanton McGraw,Scott, Quinn, Stein, Cormack and Stevenson sub ORourke

Att: 19752 Glory Glory
    Ah 👍 just recall the whole Ali McGraw story that night and have it in my head as a solitary goal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post

Of course the LC final was delayed by about 4 months because of a fire at Hampden. In between times we sold Colin Stein, our form dipped & Stein's replacement, Joe McBride, was cuptied!

Coaching Staff
    2-1

Glory Glory
    Remember it well.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    2-1

Glory Glory
    Just before my time but that win in a semi final at Tynecastle sounds absolutely amazing.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Of course the LC final was delayed by about 4 months because of a fire at Hampden. In between times we sold Colin Stein, our form dipped & Stein's replacement, Joe McBride, was cuptied!
    Nightmare sounds like the semi when we sold Garry O, Deek got suspended and Scott Brown broke his leg.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    If I recall correct, Stein was going to be suspended for the Final date.?

That led to rumours amongst our pals that Hibs fans must have set Hampden on fire so he could play at a later date.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Just before my time but that win in a semi final at Tynecastle sounds absolutely amazing.
    It was to this ten year old

I did not even know the game was on but my late Dad decided to go along at the last minute and probably gave me a lift over the turnstiles

I remember we stood at the Gorgie Road end and it was rammed with Hibees so we got a great view of Ally McGraw bundling the winner over the line

Dundee at that time had a very good team

Funnily enough I picked up a mint condition programme for a Ł5 from the programme shop in Albion Road a few weeks ago

Great memories