hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn’t that mean the only way forward is a benefit for the Ladies team to the detriment of our professional club (I think referring to it as the Men’s team probably doesn’t do it justice).
    No I think both will benefit each other. As the women’s game grows so will the revenue.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I honestly don’t know the crowds, but I’ve watched a few of the games and the crowds look decent. The opportunity is in the fact that the game is growing, crowds are growing and interest is growing in the ladies game. There was over 30000 at Hampden for a friendly. How far it can go is the question, but it can at the very least get to the level where it can break even. Imo it will grow way beyond that as attitudes change and more importantly the standard increases.
    Just my view but I don’t see it growing to that level here. I think there is a lot of talk about interest, crowds etc but I don’t think the support is there consistently enough. And I don’t think it will be.

From a participation perspective it’ll be popular but not professionally IMO.

I also think there would be a bit of resistance to the club investing in it much, as well.

How would folk feel if RG pledged £100,000 per season to Hibs Ladies. Money that would not go to the men's side but be specifically ring fenced for the Ladies team?
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    How would folk feel if RG pledged £100,000 per season to Hibs Ladies. Money that would not go to the men's side but be specifically ring fenced for the Ladies team?
    It would be a great gesture from him, he's free to do anything he likes with his money, and if anyone else wanted to donate funds towards them that would be great too.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 13-12-2019 at 09:07 PM.

If the £100k was from his pocket, no issue at all. If it was out of the club, not for me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The England ladies team recently sold out Wembley and the English club teams play to decent crowds. The game down there is professional and well promoted, I heard of Jamie Lee’s transfer on the news on radio 2 today. If the teams up here went professional and the game was promoted better than it is, most teams would easily be self sufficient. Edinburgh City survive comfortably on crowds of around 200.
    On the back of TV revenues from the men's game English clubs can afford to give their women's teams a boost, that most Scottish clubs, including Hibs simply can't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    The whole commercial side at Hibs has and is a complete shambles.

It really cannot be said enough,that operation is a total failure.

I really thought RG would have made this his first priority,still waiting.
    Please detail how you come this conclusion. Genuinely looking forward to your detailed analysis.

Apologies in advance if your facts and figures are accurate.
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 13-12-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    If the £100k was from his pocket, no issue at all. If it was out of the club, not for me.
    That's what I meant. No detriment to the club's finances
    This is how it feels

That's what I meant. No detriment to the club's finances
    But that's £100k he could be putting into the men's team!

The effect of that £100k for the ladies team would be transformational and for the men's team negligible.

As regards that £100k coming from Gordon, it doesn't need to. Instead of having no income from the shirt sponsorship, we could get a good sponsor in and use some of that money to invest in keeping our ladies team at the top of the Scottish game, attracting the best young talent and earning fees when the next Harrison or Napier moves south.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    But that's £100k he could be putting into the men's team!

The effect of that £100k for the ladies team would be transformational and for the men's team negligible.

As regards that £100k coming from Gordon, it doesn't need to. Instead of having no income from the shirt sponsorship, we could get a good sponsor in and use some of that money to invest in keeping our ladies team at the top of the Scottish game, attracting the best young talent and earning fees when the next Harrison or Napier moves south.
    It would be his choice what he did with his money, and if the ladies team can get sponsorship for their team, let them go for it.

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    Hibs men and Hibs ladies are not one club. Hence the reason on Sunday JLN tweeted ‘today is the day and a blue heart, before the OF derby. A hibs player would never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It would be his choice what he did with his money, and if the ladies team can get sponsorship for their team, let them go for it.
    Hibs have a marketing department, although based on this season's shirt sponsorship it's not a very good one. But that is who should be arranging a sponsorship deal for the club, or separate deals for our men's and ladies' teams. Negotiating sponsorships is nothing to do with Ross, Scott, Gray or Murray.

I'd say that department is going to be operating very differently once Gordon has finished reviewing how things are currently done.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Book of Kamberi View Post
    On the back of TV revenues from the men's game English clubs can afford to give their women's teams a boost, that most Scottish clubs, including Hibs simply can't afford.
    Scottish teams can also afford to give their ladies teams a boost, it just won’t be on the same level. Much more money needs to also come from the SFA, they could easily arrange some kind of pooled sponsorship deal that benefits the ladies game. There’s scope for so many things in the ladies game, it just needs the will and the vision.

United we stand here....

Hibs have a marketing department, although based on this season's shirt sponsorship it's not a very good one. But that is who should be arranging a sponsorship deal for the club, or separate deals for our men's and ladies' teams. Negotiating sponsorships is nothing to do with Ross, Scott, Gray or Murray.

I'd say that department is going to be operating very differently once Gordon has finished reviewing how things are currently done.
    Not for me, I support Hibernian mens team, not any womens team who may play under our colours. They should be a separate entity who are self funded by their own committee and board.

Marketing department? Are shirt sales down from last season?

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Marketing department? Are shirt sales down from last season?
    I don’t know, but the revenue created from the sponsorship on the front of the strip certainly is.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1875 View Post
    Hibs men and Hibs ladies are not one club. Hence the reason on Sunday JLN tweeted ‘today is the day and a blue heart, before the OF derby. A hibs player would never do that.
    Or maybe the fact she knew she wasn’t playing for Hibs again played a big part in that.

As an aside, I may have missed this being asked so apologies if it has but does anyone what sort of money would’ve been expected as a transfer fee for her had we been in a position to demand one? Surely the number of players that have moved down south in recent years, some to pretty big teams would have covered a fair chunk of any money that would have to go in to running the team

I said this would happen when the girls first started. We were told they'd not cost the mens team a penny, but that changed. Now some are moaning because they are not on contracts, contracts that cost money, and i'd bet a lot more money than the girls have ever generated through their games.

20 players on a contract of just £10k a year that was suggested is just nuts, stupid to even suggest taking that money out the club.

I also asked what was next all those years ago, well maybe we will see a non gender specific Hibs team associate themselves with Hibs, looking for some sort of funding, remember the ladies team wouldnt be getting a penny?

It would be another box ticked.

Self funding is the way any team that want to associate themselves with us should go, sink or swim under their own terms, not subsidised by a team they will never play for.
    Totally agree. Let them self fund the charity status is killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Or maybe the fact she knew she wasn’t playing for Hibs again played a big part in that.

As an aside, I may have missed this being asked so apologies if it has but does anyone what sort of money would’ve been expected as a transfer fee for her had we been in a position to demand one? Surely the number of players that have moved down south in recent years, some to pretty big teams would have covered a fair chunk of any money that would have to go in to running the team

Coaching Staff

Thumbs Up

The funding of women’s teams from general revenue is inevitable.

We can say it’s not on, but in an inclusive society there will be room for women to play as part of our club.

Scotland may be behind most of the world when it comes to acceptance of women’s football and how it is funded as part of a Club,but they will eventually catch up.

That is not a smart erse comment, more an acknowledgement of probably cultural differences.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 14-12-2019 at 07:43 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Agree totally.

The woman should fund their own team, be allowed their own sponsorship etc.

Why should money generated by the men's team go to the woman's one? If they want the game to grow, grow it. Market it, improve it, work at it, like men did 150 years ago. It shouldn't be artificially inflated. Would they be happy with their earnings going to the men's team? Doubt it.

If the club actually did get involved it might actually make a difference. Running it via the community foundation is what’s holding it back. That’s and the fact that clearly a lot of people do not want Hibs to fund a female side of the club. Hibs class.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    If the club actually did get involved it might actually make a difference. Running it via the community foundation is what’s holding it back. That’s and the fact that clearly a lot of people do not want Hibs to fund a female side of the club. Hibs class.
    The female team should run off of money it generates, as the male team does

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The female team should run off of money it generates, as the male team does
    The football club should run teams off the money it generates, as every club does.

Or maybe we should make the development side stand on its own as well. Before Porteous, who was the last player to come through and be a regular starter?

Left by mutual consent!
    The football club should run teams off the money it generates, as every club does.

Or maybe we should make the development side stand on its own as well. Before Porteous, who was the last player to come through and be a regular starter?
    Cummings?

The dev team is obviously part of the men's footballing side of the football club.

Why would Hibs invest hundreds of thousands in something that maybe generates tens of thousands?

Every player we try to develop is in the hope that one day that player will be good enough to play for the team i support, we all support.

Not one penny spent towards a womens team will ever do the same. I will ask again, where will this stop, or maybe a better question would be, what would be next?

Fans are spending more than ever now to support their clubs, entrance fee's are not enough these days, there are more and more ways the club want us to contribute towards making the team better, the mens team.

Womens football in England is being inflated by rich clubs who can afford to tick all the boxes from the PC brigade, we as a country are skint, and while i'd imagine nobody has any problems with womens football, in my opinion it needs to fund itself, like the men have since it started.

If big Ron wanted to donate £100k, that would be brilliant, as it would be if anyone here donated money towards it.

I dont spend a penny towards Hibs ladies, but anyone who does, does so because they want to. And that is fine, because that is their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The dev team is obviously part of the men's footballing side of the football club.

Why would Hibs invest hundreds of thousands in something that maybe generates tens of thousands?
    How much money have hibs made from the money invested in boys football in the last 10 years? Zilch. Zero. Nada.

Every player we try to develop is in the hope that one day that player will be good enough to play for the team i support, we all support.

Not one penny spent towards a womens team will ever do the same. I will ask again, where will this stop, or maybe a better question would be, what would be next?

Fans are spending more than ever now to support their clubs, entrance fee's are not enough these days, there are more and more ways the club want us to contribute towards making the team better, the mens team.

Womens football in England is being inflated by rich clubs who can afford to tick all the boxes from the PC brigade, we as a country are skint, and while i'd imagine nobody has any problems with womens football, in my opinion it needs to fund itself, like the men have since it started.

If big Ron wanted to donate £100k, that would be brilliant, as it would be if anyone here donated money towards it.

I dont spend a penny towards Hibs ladies, but anyone who does, does so because they want to. And that is fine, because that is their choice.
    Should we stop investing in walking football. Fit fans. Mental health work. Disabled work? Are you happy for part of the clubs funds to go to that?