hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that not a fairly common day for most part time players, male or female? They will do it more for a love of the game rather than getting any real financial reward for doing so.
    Exactly. Have worked with a few decent standard Junior players and they were working all day and training most nights.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good luck to her. Anyone who can advance their own career and earn decent money should he encouraged.

Is that not a fairly common day for most part time players, male or female? They will do it more for a love of the game rather than getting any real financial reward for doing so.
    The female players don't even get part-time status though. Was listening to Lower League Ramblings with Danny Denholm and Andy Munro when Joelle Murray was a guest. She was telling them about day to day life, what resources are provided to them etc. And they both said they wouldn't be playing football on those terms and thought it was shocking how little assistance female players get.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    She retweeted a Rangers Tweet before the final on Sunday.

Something along the lines of "today's the day" with a gif of their players celebrating.

I think it's a sign of how far the ladies game has come that people are getting worked up about matters like that. Usually it's only idiots who support the men's team who do!
    It was still just idiots who got wound up about it, unfortunately those idiots also thought that she, and the rest of us, needed to hear their opinion on it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Officially announced by Chelsea today.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Officially announced by Chelsea today.

Wish her all the best. Can't stand in her way when she's been offered that opportunity.

Just really frustrating this happens every season with nothing to show for it. Wish Hibs would pull their finger out, it seems very counter-productive.

That’s an outstanding move for her. The equivalent of somebody leaving rangers to go to Liverpool in the mens game. Hope she does well

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Exactly.

It's possible to be professional without paying big bucks or even being full time, at least in the short term.

We have lost a lot of players to the increasingly cash rich English league in recent years and not received a penny for any of them. Had we spent a small sum going pro it could be argued it would have made us money rather than cost us.
    Absolutely, fees from all those we have lost, especially in the last two years could have been re-invested in the team. If we do nothing the women's team will go backwards, Rangers, Celtic and Hearts are all investing in their women's teams, it's blinkered to think we should do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    That’s an outstanding move for her. The equivalent of somebody leaving rangers to go to Liverpool in the mens game. Hope she does well
    Hopefully she'll play. I'm not convinced she will. Good luck though.

Coaching Staff
    Sorry to see her go.

She was the perfect poster girl for women’s football.

A very good player, with an enthusiastic infectious personality and a smile bigger than Sydney Harbour.

Coincidentally, it was only a few days ago that I recommended her through a friend who is an official there, to a club in Oz, with the words....’she has flown under the radar up until now but.......’

Ah well maybe next season.

Good luck Jamie Lee, I’ll miss you.

Superb move for her well done!

I’d back hibs in giving more financial support/ wages to the ladies team.

Coaching Staff
    If it is Chelsea, then she’ll have stiff competition from another new signing.

Aussie Samantha Kerr, who plays in the USA and Australia has also just signed for Chelsea, in a rumoured Deal worth around $500 k a year.

Wouldn’t think Jamie Lee would be on anything near that figure, but guess it shows that Chelsea see a big future in the women’s game

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post

So would I, and I even enquired about how I could go about sponsoring a player recently.

However, as with previous requests in regard to player sponsorships at Hibs, it seems to have disappeared into the ether of cyberspace.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    If it is Chelsea, then she’ll have stiff competition from another new signing.

Aussie Samantha Kerr, who plays in the USA and Australia has also just signed for Chelsea, in a rumoured Deal worth around $500 k a year.

Wouldn’t think Jamie Lee would be on anything near that figure, but guess it shows that Chelsea see a big future in the women’s game
    It is chelsea, they announced it this morning.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post

I worry that the window of opportunity to really establish Hibs at the top of the women’s game has passed.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I said this would happen when the girls first started. We were told they'd not cost the mens team a penny, but that changed. Now some are moaning because they are not on contracts, contracts that cost money, and i'd bet a lot more money than the girls have ever generated through their games.

20 players on a contract of just £10k a year that was suggested is just nuts, stupid to even suggest taking that money out the club.

I also asked what was next all those years ago, well maybe we will see a non gender specific Hibs team associate themselves with Hibs, looking for some sort of funding, remember the ladies team wouldnt be getting a penny?

It would be another box ticked.

Self funding is the way any team that want to associate themselves with us should go, sink or swim under their own terms, not subsidised by a team they will never play for.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I said this would happen when the girls first started. We were told they'd not cost the mens team a penny, but that changed. Now some are moaning because they are not on contracts, contracts that cost money, and i'd bet a lot more money than the girls have ever generated through their games.

20 players on a contract of just £10k a year that was suggested is just nuts, stupid to even suggest taking that money out the club.

I also asked what was next all those years ago, well maybe we will see a non gender specific Hibs team associate themselves with Hibs, looking for some sort of funding, remember the ladies team wouldnt be getting a penny?

Self funding is the way any team that want to associate themselves with us should go, sink or swim under their own terms, not subsidised by a team they will never play for.
    Meanwhile, back in the 21st century we're not discussing a "team that wants to associate itself with us".

We're discussing a Hibs team that Hibs are very happy to promote as being part of the club, even although it is very much the poor relation. Reading this thread it is clear that Hibs could be doing a lot more to support the ladies team, whether with a small subsidy or with support in finding sponsorship.

As regards wages, how much do we pay to youths that are released without ever playing for the first team?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The salaries are buttons. Our efforts are now Mickey Mouse and we are going to be left massively behind. They should be going out and getting sponsored. But we screwed that up as a club too. Even the younger teams aren’t allowed to get sponsorship. It’s a shambles now. Becoming part of the community arm is the worst thing they did for the ladies section.

The whole commercial side at Hibs has and is a complete shambles.

It really cannot be said enough,that operation is a total failure.

I really thought RG would have made this his first priority,still waiting.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Er, don’t know if you’ve noticed but the women’s game has changed massively in the past decade.

We have a new owner who lives in a country where the women’s game is as big as the men’s.

Hibs used to be in the top two in Scotland but we are now facing unprecedented challenge. You don’t have to like the game or watch women’s football yourself to see the opportunity slipping away here.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Hibs should be offering the ladies team contracts and becoming professional. The money that it would cost would be worth it in the long run. The ladies game is growing massively and failure to prepare properly will leave us miles behind and trying to play catch up. The sponsorship nonsense isn’t helping the situation as a decent sponsor would go a long way to funding the ladies team. If the games were promoted properly and played at Easter Road the larger crowds would also go a long way to help with funding. It’s absolutely living in the past to say that you don’t want the ladies team impacting the budget of the men’s team. It should be looked at as a collective effort and a collective effort that could easily mean more funding not less for the men’s team. Sponsors look for more ethical companies to put their money into and a community club like hibs that has both a professional men’s and women’s would be attractive to sponsors.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I don’t think the black and white tone of anyone who isn’t in favour of Hibs giving the ladies team funding is automatically a dinosaur or living in the past it helps the debate.

I’m not overly keen on money generated by the men’s team going into the women’s team. I definitely think the women’s team should have free reign to get their own sponsorship, grow their own revenue streams etc etc, as well as Hibs offering use of East Mains and advertising the women’s teams fixtures on twitter etc. I wouldn’t be in favour of any money generated by the women’s team going into the men’s team. Both teams should live within their own means, and shouldn’t have any restrictions on how to grow revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Er, don’t know if you’ve noticed but the women’s game has changed massively in the past decade.

We have a new owner who lives in a country where the women’s game is as big as the men’s.

Hibs used to be in the top two in Scotland but we are now facing unprecedented challenge. You don’t have to like the game or watch women’s football yourself to see the opportunity slipping away here.
    Genuine question this, but what is the opportunity?

Participation is growing, definitely. But Is the interest in watching it really growing? Are the crowds really going to start appearing? I just don’t see that happening in this country. And if you don’t get crowds, the revenue remains limited.

I don’t think the black and white tone of anyone who isn’t in favour of Hibs giving the ladies team funding is automatically a dinosaur or living in the past it helps the debate.

I’m not overly keen on money generated by the men’s team going into the women’s team. I definitely think the women’s team should have free reign to get their own sponsorship, grow their own revenue streams etc etc, as well as Hibs offering use of East Mains and advertising the women’s teams fixtures on twitter etc. I wouldn’t be in favour of any money generated by the women’s team going into the men’s team. Both teams should live within their own means, and shouldn’t have any restrictions on how to grow revenue.
    That would suggest that both teams should be separate and that what I disagree with. There shouldn’t be a distinction between the two teams. If they’re called hibs and play in hibs strips they should be treated as hibs.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Participation is growing, definitely. But Is the interest in watching it really growing? Are the crowds really going to start appearing? I just don’t see that happening in this country. And if you don’t get crowds, the revenue remains limited.
    The England ladies team recently sold out Wembley and the English club teams play to decent crowds. The game down there is professional and well promoted, I heard of Jamie Lee’s transfer on the news on radio 2 today. If the teams up here went professional and the game was promoted better than it is, most teams would easily be self sufficient. Edinburgh City survive comfortably on crowds of around 200.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That would suggest that both teams should be separate and that what I disagree with. There shouldn’t be a distinction between the two teams. If they’re called hibs and play in hibs strips they should be treated as hibs.
    Agreed #wearehibs

Yes interest and attendances are growing. Thr national team's crowds are getting bigger, as are Hibs games e.g. the Scottish Cup final and the Champions League game against Slaha Prague.

One thing you notice at these games is the crowd and the behaviour of the crowd is different from the men's game. Lots of groups of kids, lots of families. A far less partisan atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    best of luck to the lassie, can only be good for the national side as well, i think that's a few good players we've lost in the last two seasons, i was reading Livingston have joined up with blackburn united to get their foot in the door, i'm sure a young coach at hibs also coaches the blackburn girls and she even won an award for the work she puts in at a very young age.

The England ladies team recently sold out Wembley and the English club teams play to decent crowds. The game down there is professional and well promoted, I heard of Jamie Lee’s transfer on the news on radio 2 today. If the teams up here went professional and the game was promoted better than it is, most teams would easily be self sufficient. Edinburgh City survive comfortably on crowds of around 200.
    How decent are the crowds in England? I know they’ve had use of the men’s stadiums and gave away a lot of tickets, particularly on international breaks, but are they consistently being watched?

There are plenty of teams survive on low crowds in Scotland but I keep reading about opportunity. And to me, comparing to teams that merely survive doesn’t scream opportunity.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Wouldn’t that mean the only way forward is a benefit for the Ladies team to the detriment of our professional club (I think referring to it as the Men’s team probably doesn’t do it justice).

How decent are the crowds in England? I know they’ve had use of the men’s stadiums and gave away a lot of tickets, particularly on international breaks, but are they consistently being watched?

There are plenty of teams survive on low crowds in Scotland but I keep reading about opportunity. And to me, comparing to teams that merely survive doesn’t scream opportunity.
    I honestly don’t know the crowds, but I’ve watched a few of the games and the crowds look decent. The opportunity is in the fact that the game is growing, crowds are growing and interest is growing in the ladies game. There was over 30000 at Hampden for a friendly. How far it can go is the question, but it can at the very least get to the level where it can break even. Imo it will grow way beyond that as attitudes change and more importantly the standard increases.

United we stand here....