hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The salaries are buttons. Our efforts are now Mickey Mouse and we are going to be left massively behind. They should be going out and getting sponsored. But we screwed that up as a club too. Even the younger teams aren’t allowed to get sponsorship. It’s a shambles now. Becoming part of the community arm is the worst thing they did for the ladies section.
    How much would it cost annually to go pro?

Even on a modest wage, 20ish players and coaching staff would be a significant sum.

It’s a no from me, if that means they’re not as good in a few years time them so be it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    The salaries are buttons. Our efforts are no Mickey Mouse and we are going to be left massively behind.
    What is buttons?

I genuinely don’t know what the expectation on salaries are but I’m afraid at a club of Hibs’ income every pound matters.

Say you pay a squad of 20 at a paltry £10k per year that’s over 600 season tickets.

I think the additional coverage and focus is great but if we are talking a professional game it has to pay its way doesn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Why’s that?

Athletes have long been marketed on their attractiveness. Male and female. Hibs haven’t been shy of using her in just about every tweet relating to the ladies team.
    Your posts suggest that Hibs ladies are only interesting to you based on their prettiness. Fair enough, entitled to that opinion, I’m out on this one.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    The salaries are buttons. Our efforts are now Mickey Mouse and we are going to be left massively behind. They should be going out and getting sponsored. But we screwed that up as a club too. Even the younger teams aren’t allowed to get sponsorship. It’s a shambles now. Becoming part of the community arm is the worst thing they did for the ladies section.
    So the ladies team can’t go and get separate sponsorship, that’s mental. I assume Glasgow City aren’t professional, so the big risk comes from the huns etc. funding their ladies team.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    How much would it cost annually to go pro?

Even on a modest wage, 20ish players and coaching staff would be a significant sum.

It’s a no from me, if that means they’re not as good in a few years time them so be it.
    I think there has to be consideration given to the growth of women's football.

Compare the WC from 8 years ago to the one this summer. The difference in crowds, quality of football and coverage was night and day. Where will that go in another 8 years? Transfer fees are slowly growing in England, the TV deal is growing and they are looking to Scotland for talent. There's money to be made there. There's also now a generation of girls between toddler and early teens who have grown up having easy access to playing football and seeing women playing on the big stage. That wasn't the case a generation ago and it's a whole new market for the womens game.

In a few years women's football is going to be big (bigger?) business and we have a chance to have a real headstart on our rivals. As it is I'd expect Hearts, Rangers and Celtic to overtake us in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    So the ladies team can’t go and get separate sponsorship, that’s mental. I assume Glasgow City aren’t professional, so the big risk comes from the huns etc. funding their ladies team.
    Re sponsorship you are correct. The ladies team are bound by the same commercial deals as the men's team (or they were a couple of years ago when I had reason to enquire) so can't negotiate anything for themselves.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    What are the prices like intransfer markets for women's footy?
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Coaching Staff
    You might be taking that a little too seriously. I’m sure you’re just as precious about the likes of David Beckham being marketed.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Ps just googled her, she is hot. Nowt wrong with saying that either...jeezo 🙄🙄🙄
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think there has to be consideration given to the growth of women's football.

Compare the WC from 8 years ago to the one this summer. The difference in crowds, quality of football and coverage was night and day. Where will that go in another 8 years? Transfer fees are slowly growing in England, the TV deal is growing and they are looking to Scotland for talent. There's money to be made there. There's also now a generation of girls between toddler and early teens who have grown up having easy access to playing football and seeing women playing on the big stage. That wasn't the case a generation ago and it's a whole new market for the womens game.

In a few years women's football is going to be big (bigger?) business and we have a chance to have a real headstart on our rivals. As it is I'd expect Hearts, Rangers and Celtic to overtake us in the not too distant future.
    If every team sorted themselves out in due course we’d expect to be kicking around the same sort of league positions as the men’s team though wouldn’t we?

Is that a bit awkward given our head of sales and marketing is the general manager of glasgow city?

Glasgow City have loads of players on contracts. They do that via sponsorship. A decent sponsor could cover the whole team.

Coaching Staff
    Glasgow City have loads of players on contracts. They do that via sponsorship. A decent sponsor could cover the whole team.
    They aren’t attached to a corresponding men’s team though.

There must be some pay off in not getting sponsorship but being funded, promoted, using facilities and so on?

That doesn’t get covered by any gate money.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    They aren’t attached to a corresponding men’s team though.

There must be some pay off in not getting sponsorship but being funded, promoted, using facilities and so on?

That doesn’t get covered by any gate money.
    The ladies team isn’t attached to the men’s team though. They are part of Hibs Community. If there is a legal reason that they can’t get sponsorship that’s down to Hibs screwing it up. Rangers now have a different sponsor for their woman’s team. It’s just badly run. There is opportunity but we have been very poor at exploiting that.

Good luck, Jamie-Lee.
    May your career and bank balance blossom!

Good luck, looked a stand out whenever I dipped a toe into the ladies game.

Few weeks before christmas - and am just gutted that Hibs never released a Swimwear section..

only cos the wife was wanting to buy me some hibs speedos..

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Chelsea is a very staunch move for her, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Chelsea is a very staunch move for her, tbf.
    She played for Celtic and Hibs so don’t think the fact she’s a Rangers fan has coloured her career decisions. She was a bit silly to tweet what she did on Sunday but it’s a shame if it’s tarnished things as she clearly was absolutely fantastic for Hibs.

Cracking move for her and if she does do well down there she could literally become a poster girl for obvious reasons - same reasons good looking male players become poster boys.

Hibs ladies seem to lose so many players but always find a way to remain successful.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Unless they are self sufficient not sure I would support money coming out of top team budget to pay for it disappointing as that no doubt is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    She played for Celtic and Hibs so don’t think the fact she’s a Rangers fan has coloured her career decisions. She was a bit silly to tweet what she did on Sunday but it’s a shame if it’s tarnished things as she clearly was absolutely fantastic for Hibs.

Cracking move for her and if she does do well down there she could literally become a poster girl for obvious reasons - same reasons good looking male players become poster boys.

Hibs ladies seem to lose so many players but always find a way to remain successful.
    What did she tweet? If it was disappointment at the team she supports losing personally don't see a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Unless they are self sufficient not sure I would support money coming out of top team budget to pay for it disappointing as that no doubt is.
    And where have I said we should do that? Again if it was run properly it wouldn’t be an issue. The club has been in a fortunate position up to this season with being able to pick and choose from the latest crop of players at the national performance centre based at Oriam. That will stop now hearts have upped the anti and Celtic and Rangers are offering (less than min wage) contracts. Don’t worry no one is stealing money from the men’s team. Hibs have no interest in it at all at a football level.

I think the women’s team are part of the community foundation rather than the football club?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple & Green View Post
    I think the women’s team are part of the community foundation rather than the football club?
    And there lies the problem. It’s run in a way to promote the strip sales and the brand. The vision of more people wearing hibs tops. Rather than a vision of building the capability. If a boys signs for the academy suddenly he has No subs and doesn’t pay for strips etc. All the way to the first team on the girls side that’s not the case. It’s a nonsense approach and will eventually end up with dropping all interest in elite ladies football.

What did she tweet? If it was disappointment at the team she supports losing personally don't see a problem with it.
    She retweeted a Rangers Tweet before the final on Sunday.

Something along the lines of "today's the day" with a gif of their players celebrating.

I think it's a sign of how far the ladies game has come that people are getting worked up about matters like that. Usually it's only idiots who support the men's team who do!

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    She retweeted a Rangers Tweet before the final on Sunday.

Something along the lines of "today's the day" with a gif of their players celebrating.

I think it's a sign of how far the ladies game has come that people are getting worked up about matters like that. Usually it's only idiots who support the men's team who do!
    Indeed

And where have I said we should do that? Again if it was run properly it wouldn’t be an issue. The club has been in a fortunate position up to this season with being able to pick and choose from the latest crop of players at the national performance centre based at Oriam. That will stop now hearts have upped the anti and Celtic and Rangers are offering (less than min wage) contracts. Don’t worry no one is stealing money from the men’s team. Hibs have no interest in it at all at a football level.
    When you say run properly what do you mean if not taking resource from the men's team? Sponsorship? Just trying to my head around how it can be viable.

When you say run properly what do you mean if not taking resource from the men's team? Sponsorship? Just trying to my head around how it can be viable.
    Sponsorship would be a start. Directing greater marketing resources to the team too. Info can be hard to find a lot of the time. Given it's a summer league that should be seen as an opportunity to get in greater numbers.

There's a video on youtube from August about Jamie-Lee Napier, similar to one about Joelle Murray from a couple years back.

Basically they get up at dawn to train, go to college or work all day, then train again. Long days for nothing in return. I'm not sure many male players would do that. So any time one of the girls is given an opportunity you have to say fair enough and wish them well.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    There's a video on youtube from August about Jamie-Lee Napier, similar to one about Joelle Murray from a couple years back.

Basically they get up at dawn to train, go to college or work all day, then train again. Long days for nothing in return. I'm not sure many male players would do that. So any time one of the girls is given an opportunity you have to say fair enough and wish them well.
    Is that not a fairly common day for most part time players, male or female? They will do it more for a love of the game rather than getting any real financial reward for doing so.