hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Le God return?

1. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Completely non-plussed about this. For someone who apparently loved the club and its fans so much, he's had a funny way of showing it for the past 18 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Completely non-plussed about this. For someone who apparently loved the club and its fans so much, he's had a funny way of showing it for the past 18 years.
    Bah Humbug! It's Christmas, let's welcome the big felly back!

Could be that people have left

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    More than likely given what others have said

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'm meh about this. Both him and Hibs would have handled things differently in the last 18 years or so.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Whatever issue he may or may not have had with the board, and whether or not that may have been justified, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the countless fans who've tried to contact him over the years and been blanked.

First Team Breakthrough
    Jeez, can't believe anyone who watched him would view this with negativity.
    The guy was a great player for Hibs, in fact one of the greatest we have seen since Turnbull's Tornadoes, and should be welcomed back with open arms.
    He was badly hurt by the way he was unceremoniously binned after only 69 days as manager by a club he held dear, and has since got on with his life. If he's now willing to go back we should roll out the green carpet for him.
    Credit to the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation for reaching out and tempting him back into the Hibs Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Col L View Post
    The guy was a great player for Hibs, in fact one of the greatest we have seen since Turnbull's Tornadoes, and should be welcomed back with open arms.
    He was badly hurt by the way he was unceremoniously binned after only 69 days as manager by a club he held dear, and has since got on with his life. If he's now willing to go back we should roll out the green carpet for him.
    Credit to the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation for reaching out and tempting him back into the Hibs Family.
    Thats exactly the way i see it too

@hibs.net private member
    This this this.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Well said.

Whatever issue he may or may not have had with the board, and whether or not that may have been justified, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the countless fans who've tried to contact him over the years and been blanked.
    You need to get outside and breathe the fresh air more. He's living his life and there's nothing wrong with that. At all. Gave me some of my greatest ever memories as a Hibs fan and I'm still able to gloat to my Hibee mates that I called it about how good he would be for us in his first game (I think?) against Falkirk. First game I saw him anyway. He just looked in every way a class above what we normally see in Scottish football.

Blog Entries
    I get the general drift that this is the Sauzee thread for booing. I’ll go over to the other one which is more charitable and welcoming.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    It’s a lot of booing and stuff over not a lot. There’s no suggestion (other than on here) that he will be back at Easter Road and as I’ve said on the first thread, it’s only for now about a figurehead getting involved with a charitable cause, worthwhile to all of us partly as it’s headed by two of our own. Shame the excitement never reached these levels when they initiated the 416 club to anyone that wanted to contribute.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Absolutely

@hibs.net private member
    Here here. One of the greatest players to wear the green and white. I was behind the dugout at the AEK game and he had to come off. Anyone who witnessed his reaction after being forced off could see how much the club meant to him.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Here here. One of the greatest players to wear the green and white. I was behind the dugout at the AEK game and he had to come off. Anyone who witnessed his reaction after being forced off could see how much the club meant to him.
    Yip! Booted it IIRC

Left by mutual consent!
    Some of the posts on this thread are sacrilegious. He could have dined out on his popularity for years, he could have commented on stuff he is not involved in, he could have punted out books. He's done none of that .

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Been on this site yon time! Last 10 yrs inhabitants? We had, 1 time, the huge fortune to see this guy wear our colours. Then, he embraced it, won many derbies, losing teeth to score goals, watching that, aw these recent disrespectful scatabouts, watching a legend who just wanted to win so much for Hibs, to hear disrespect now, it’s as well I’m mellow nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    You need to get outside and breathe the fresh air more. He's living his life and there's nothing wrong with that. At all. Gave me some of my greatest ever memories as a Hibs fan and I'm still able to gloat to my Hibee mates that I called it about how good he would be for us in his first game (I think?) against Falkirk. First game I saw him anyway. He just looked in every way a class above what we normally see in Scottish football.
    Absolutley correct HH - I was at that game . It was freezing cold he had not done too much, until one special moment deep inside his own half he pulled one
    out of the grey sky in one movement he had trapped the ball and sent a 60 yard pass wth such precision. I turned to my mates and said 'That is a player'.

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Fantastic player. Great to hear he’s coming back in this role. What would we give for him in midfield now. He made it look easy.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Never ceases to amaze me how often folk are willing to get the boot stuck in to good servants of this fine club. In this case an out and out legend. As Iggy says, Franck, so far, is visiting Edinburgh, not ER.

But let's maybe save the booing and indifference for those who actively dislike Hibs, of which there are many...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXKBHONTWx4

This popped up on my YouTube recommended list, Dundee 3 - 4 Hibs from 99, includes a Lehmann thunderbolt, a couple of Sauzee strikes along with a very sublime hit from pre Old Firm Miller.

Quite a weird team in a way, on one extreme we had the likes of Sauzee and Latapy, on the other we had the likes of Lovering and everyone's favourite on the run criminal Gottskálksson
    Last edited by CloudSquall; 11-12-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KXKBHONTWx4

This popped up on my YouTube recommended list, Dundee 3 - 4 Hibs from 99, includes a Lehmann thundebolt, a couple of Sauzee strikes along with a very sublime hit from pre Old Firm Miller.

Quite a weird team in a way, on one extreme we had the likes of Sauzee and Latapy, on the other we had the likes of Lovering and everyone's favourite on the run criminal Gottskálksson
    Not to mention our own Willie Miller playing for Dundee......

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Not to mention our own Willie Miller playing for Dundee......
    There should be some sort of parental guidance pop up warning parents of that face

There is only one Le God, and Latapy is the prophet

Testimonial Due
    Me and my children and ex wife were lucky enough to see almost all his performances in the flesh for Hibs. My ex help organise the FZAS reception where Irvine Welsh tried to pick her up😳 - I was away working. I have signed Sauzee 4 shirt which has never been washed. I and she will be glad he is coming back.

All that needs to be said. We've all had our issues with the board, imagine how much more acute those must be in FS's situation.

So many supporters act like hurt divas. we don't own players, they have a life outside the club. I idolize Sauzee and it will be an emotional day for me when he returns.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    All that needs to be said. We've all had our issues with the board, imagine how much more acute those must be in FS's situation.

So many supporters act like hurt divas. we don't own players, they have a life outside the club. I idolize Sauzee and it will be an emotional day for me when he returns.
    Spot on DBS and same here...…..would love to see the big man stride onto the pitch at half time

Left by mutual consent!
    Superb news. The guy is an HFC Legend

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk