hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiden McGeady

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he's not looked after the decent sums of money he'll have earned playing for Everton and Moscow then he might be best sitting in the stand watching Sunderland struggle for the next 18 months.

I don't think money will be his primary motivation, he might just want to finish his career enjoying his football playing under a manager he respects?
    Hopefully mate, I think it’d be a great signing, just can’t see it happening.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Sounds like their Manager could be bumped before McGeady

@hibs.net private member
    Just on SS news. Mcgeady has been told to find new club.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Just on SS news. Mcgeady has been told to find new club.
    But they need to pay him off.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    I got told by someone who knows Jack Ross that McGeady was on nearly £40k a week (along with Oviedo, whos now left), might be less now as he signed an extension last year, hence why hes never moved on from Sunderland as he wont get that anywhere else.

Going to put that rumour under, not happening.

For what its worth, even at 33, hes still a cracking player & wont get into any team outwith the old firm up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    McGeady on around 30k per week at Sunderland so unless he fancies a massive pay cut in the last few years of a short career we can forget it
    I reckon if this keeps going, we might be able to afford him by sunday afternoon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    RUBBISH - he is HALF Irish by blood as both his dad's parents are Irish.

You have a bone to pick with plastic paddies obviously - well how about restricting it to that rather than people with a genuine heritage. You sound like a bigoted hun with your slaverings FFS!
    How on earth does that make him half Irish when he and both his parents are all born and raised in Scotland 😂😂😂

Ooft there goes the hun card, if there was a hun traitor who chose England over Scotland because his grandad was English I would call them out as a traitor too.

Of course I have an issue with plastic paddies, they’ve used Irish heritage to become a super power in Scottish football while our club decided to move on with the times.

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    How on earth does that make him half Irish when he and both his parents are all born and raised in Scotland 😂😂😂

Ooft there goes the hun card, if there was a hun traitor who chose England over Scotland because his grandad was English I would call them out as a traitor too.

Of course I have an issue with plastic paddies, they’ve used Irish heritage to become a super power in Scottish football while our club decided to move on with the times.
    Aw nah! I'm three quarters English but identify strongly with Scotland having lived here for almost all of my life. Does that make me a plastic jock?

Left by mutual consent!
    Does he improve our team yes or no? don't care about Ireland/Scotland. I think he would be good addition.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Does he improve our team yes or no? don't care about Ireland/Scotland. I think he would be good addition.
    Totally agree think he would be a good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    He'd improve our team without question. The whole Irish/Scottish conversation is nonsense and straying into Old Firm territory.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I couldn't care less of he's a Boris-voting Tory from Timbuktu. He'd be good for Hibs, I reckon.

Calling him a traitor sounds like National Front sort of talk. Is this what it's gonna be like in Boris' Britain ?
    Fixed this for you.

This is a Hibs forum , we don't judge players on claimed ethnicity , or not as it may be , but on their ability to improve our football team.

You need to have a think about some of your comments.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeKay View Post
    Aw nah! I'm three quarters English but identify strongly with Scotland having lived here for almost all of my life. Does that make me a plastic jock?
    Why would it make you a plastic jock? You’ve lived here almost all of your life - unlike the plastic paddy in question who’s never lived in Ireland.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This is a Hibs forum , we don't judge players on claimed ethnicity , or not as it may be , but on their ability to improve our football team.

You need to have a think about some of your comments.
    I support Hibernian and the Scottish National side.

I’ve no issue with any race or ethnicity either and openly welcome any player regardless of race and religion. I call it down the middle though, I’m not one of those who hate Thomson or Murray more than Brown or Griffiths either, in fact I like all four of they players.
    Last edited by The 90+2; 12-12-2019 at 06:29 PM.

I support Hibernian and the Scottish National side.
    That's great. Probably the same as about 90% of the forum then?

Left by mutual consent!
    That's great. Probably the same as about 90% of the forum then?
    Probably yeah. So you will hopefully see why there could be an issue with an amazing footballer who’s lived here all his life before leaving Celtic choosing another country to play football for over Scotland and that’s regardless of the country they go to play for.

Probably yeah. So you will hopefully see why there could be an issue with an amazing footballer who’s lived here all his life before leaving Celtic choosing another country to play football for over Scotland and that’s regardless of the country they go to play for.
    To be honest I reckon most folk will just comment on the possibility of an amazing footballer, as you describe him,potentially playing for Hibs or not. Why does anything else matter?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    RUBBISH - he is HALF Irish by blood as both his dad's parents are Irish.

You have a bone to pick with plastic paddies obviously - well how about restricting it to that rather than people with a genuine heritage. You sound like a bigoted hun with your slaverings FFS!
    Nah. He’s not half Irish at all. He’s Scottish.

Don't want this wee rat anywhere near my club, especially not now he's finished. He can't get a game for a mid table League One side so he's clearly done. No thanks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Don't want this wee rat anywhere near my club, especially not now he's finished. He can't get a game for a mid table League One side so he's clearly done. No thanks.
    I am sure there is quite a lengthy list of players we have signed with that same criteria and done very well and I am sure also as you say done poor.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    My heid is going to explode. We have 90+2 arguing with since90+2. All about whether a guy born and bred in Scotland with parents born and bred in Scotland is Irish or not. 🤯🤯🤯

I’ll go along with what Jack Ross does.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    My heid is going to explode. We have 90+2 arguing with since90+2. All about whether a guy born and bred in Scotland with parents born and bred in Scotland is Irish or not. 🤯🤯🤯
    Your head must have exploded then as I've not commented at all on his nationality as my whole point is that it doesn't matter.

Reading your post you seem to have a stronger opinion on it than me. I only care about whether he would improve our team or not.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Your head must have exploded then as I've not commented at all on his nationality as my whole point is that it doesn't matter.

Reading your post you seem to have a stronger opinion on it than me. I only care about whether he would improve our team or not.
    I don't give a **** where he comes from, who he most identifies with or where he thinks of as home. It was meant to be a bit light hearted about the user names really.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Awful lot of genealogy and ethnicity experts on here. Folk who are eligible to play for more than one nation can represent who they want. Or should that freedom to chose not be allowed and we go back to guys like Joe Baker wanting to play for Scotland but not able to because he was born in England?

'Traitor' is the sort of nonsense I expect from an idiot like Farage - not Hibs class.
    Last edited by Baader; 12-12-2019 at 08:12 PM.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    Some pretty poor comments in this thread. McGeady is a talented player and would significantly improve the Hibs team if he signed.

As for as his international career, he chose the country he felt more of an identity towards and, reading some of the comments on here, it's easy to understand his decision.

In return he was rewarded with 90+ caps and played in two major finals tournaments - that's more caps and more finals tournaments than any other Scottish born player has managed this century. Hibs would be lucky to have him if Jack Ross was able to get him in.

Nationality itself is an artificial construction IMO and serves only to divide people. QED

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    Some pretty poor comments in this thread. McGeady is a talented player and would significantly improve the Hibs team if he signed.

As for as his international career, he chose the country he felt more of an identity towards and, reading some of the comments on here, it's easy to understand his decision.

In return he was rewarded with 90+ caps and played in two major finals tournaments - that's more caps and more finals tournaments than any other Scottish born player has managed this century. Hibs would be lucky to have him if Jack Ross was able to get him in.
    I’m sure you would have felt the same if Robbie Keane decided he was more English back in the day.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Erm, you can only be half Irish if either of your parents are full Irish, in the case of having 2 Irish granddads, 2 quarters don't make a half. I have 2 Irish granddads but I'm only a quarter Irish.
    2 quarters don't make a half??? Go back to school numbskull

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    If our manager thinks he can do a job for us then I will respect that decision and give the player my support.