hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiden McGeady

McGeady was a standout for Sunderland last season but looks to have had a dip in form since Ross left. Would definitely add to the squad and like another poster said I'd swap him for Middleton

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would rather play Fraser Murray. We already have Horgan, Murray and Newell who won’t necessarily make the first team. Never mind Middleton.

We don’t need McGeady who isn’t any better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never liked Aiden McGeady. I don't like his face. He looked a wee prick when he was at Celtc, he looks basically exactly the same now.

Back when he was good I would still have taken him for Hibs though. Now though? Nah. He's done.
    Would love to see us base our signing policy on whether or not you liked someones face.

But I agree, swerve that one.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Would love to see us base our signing policy on whether or not you liked someones face.

But I agree, swerve that one.
    Nah I was saying I don't like him...but despite his wee snidey prick face I'd still have taken him when he was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Would rather play Fraser Murray. We already have Horgan, Murray and Newell who won’t necessarily make the first team. Never mind Middleton.

We don’t need McGeady who isn’t any better IMO
    Mcgeady is head and shoulders above Murray, Newell, Horgan and Middleton imo. He could produce something out of absolutely nothing and is great at creating space.

The issue I would have is his attitude and will to work hard for the team. It’s all well and good having him, Allan and Boyle in the same team but we would need a lot of good defensive hard working players in behind them to make it work.

In this league Mcgeady would tear players apart and most importantly would give us consistent quality in the final third.

Niall McGinn is similar at Aberdeen but nowwhere near the quality that Mcgeady had

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Mcgeady is head and shoulders above Murray, Newell, Horgan and Middleton imo. He could produce something out of absolutely nothing and is great at creating space.

The issue I would have is his attitude and will to work hard for the team. It’s all well and good having him, Allan and Boyle in the same team but we would need a lot of good defensive hard working players in behind them to make it work.

In this league Mcgeady would tear players apart and most importantly would give us consistent quality in the final third.

Niall McGinn is similar at Aberdeen but nowwhere near the quality that Mcgeady had
    “In this league”? He’s in a league that’s no better and he isn’t impressing.

Niall McGinn wouldn’t get in our team either.

“In this league”? He’s in a league that’s no better and he isn’t impressing.

Niall McGinn wouldn’t get in our team either.
    He's had a dip in form but is widely accepted as being the best player in that league.

Left by mutual consent!
    I can’t stand the wee traitor and it would be extremely difficult to get behind him.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t like signing old wingers.

I don’t mind old centre half’s, midfielders or strikers but wingers are a young mans game IMO.

If he does sign I’ll back track and think he’s the greatest signing ever but I’d have my concerns.
    How dare you ! I was brought up on watching Arthur Duncan in the late 1970's and early 1980's he was still playing for us at 55 !! (ok 37 but that's still old for a winger)

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He's had a dip in form but is widely accepted as being the best player in that league.
    I know you’re a bit of a Sunderland fan but I don’t think that’s accurate.

He wasn’t last season - a few of the Luton players moved for £3m+ I think. And if he’s had a dip in form he certainly isn’t this year. Off top of my head there are guys at Peterborough, Ipswich, maybe Oxford that would be quoted well before McGeady.

100% yes

He would be a brilliant signing for any spl team outside the old firm I don’t doubt that. He would add a bit of experience to the squad aswell

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    He would be a brilliant signing for any spl team outside the old firm I don’t doubt that. He would add a bit of experience to the squad aswell
    Yup

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Agree absolute quality player.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    I know you’re a bit of a Sunderland fan but I don’t think that’s accurate.

He wasn’t last season - a few of the Luton players moved for £3m+ I think. And if he’s had a dip in form he certainly isn’t this year. Off top of my head there are guys at Peterborough, Ipswich, maybe Oxford that would be quoted well before McGeady.
    James Collins was player of the year in League One last season.... no comment

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I can’t stand the wee traitor and it would be extremely difficult to get behind him.
    I'm not sure that's the most logical response (if he is a good player still) - but illogically, I absolutely agree with you: he's a loathsome little turd.

I also have it on good authority (well, ok, a taxi driver!) that he is every bit as obnoxious and arrogant off the field as you might expect.

So, no thanks. Even though this is also not terribly logical.
    Last edited by Cat Stanton; 11-12-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    How dare you ! I was brought up on watching Arthur Duncan in the late 1970's and early 1980's he was still playing for us at 55 !! (ok 37 but that's still old for a winger)
    ...still playing for us aye....at full back in the latter years. Could still move though, just not as fast.

GGTTH

He's a quality player and is miles better than our wide players with the exception of Boyle.

I know he chose Ireland as a young lad (and to be fair you could argue he's been proven right by playing at a world cup) but is he really that bad a character? I can't remember him ever being involved in any on or off field nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post

Duncan played a lot of his games at left back in his later years, and wasn't half the player he was when at his best. Great servant whom Hibs held on to about five years too long.

Talking about old wingers who did a bit of damage in their later years, I hear that Gordon Smith wasn't too shabby.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Duncan played a lot of his games at left back in his later years, and wasn't half the player he was when at his best. Great servant whom Hibs held on to about five years too long.

Talking about old wingers who did a bit of damage in their later years, I hear that Gordon Smith wasn't too shabby.
    Great servant who was a splendid left back in his later years more like.

A senior player who's played at the very highest level? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Great servant who was a splendid left back in his later years more like.
    I think your memory's playing tricks with you.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I think your memory's playing tricks with you.
    Erm, no.....

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Always thought it was a bizarre move, to play Duncan at LB. He wasn't really well equipped for it defensively.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 11-12-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    A 4-2-3-1 would be perfect for those 3. It would be fitting in the others that would be the issue if you went down that route though.
    I know it's "recency bias" but are Doidge / Kamberi best utilised as lone strikers or as a front 2?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    I'm not sure that's the most logical response (if he is a good player still) - but illogically, I absolutely agree with you: he's a loathsome little turd.

I also have it on good authority (well, ok, a taxi driver!) that he is every bit as obnoxious and arrogant off the field as you might expect.

So, no thanks. Even though this is also not terribly logical.
    I’m the same by the way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    He's 107 years old. Plays at league 1 level and would presumably be expensive.

I'll file that under 'nah'.
    Some players nearing the end of their careers don't always move for the money. He might well want to finish in Scotland.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Wee crunchie was no spring chicken when he played for us . Cracking winger .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Explain please

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    Explain please
    Presumably because he bumped Scotland for Ireland