hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stendal had zero wins in ten league games??

Talk about starting with no recent pedigree. Is Levein any better and is he still a director?

Queen Anne went public about employing a sporting director first and what does she do.

She is truly out her depth when it comes to day to day ownership.

I predict an immediate victory or three and then back to square one.
    It was all Barnsleys fault for selling their best players. Doesn't count when Sunderland flog their top scorer from under Ross's nose though...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Stendal had zero wins in ten league games??

Talk about starting with no recent pedigree. Is Levein any better and is he still a director?

Queen Anne went public about employing a sporting director first and what does she do.

She is truly out her depth when it comes to day to day ownership.

I predict an immediate victory or three and then back to square one.
    Levein is no longer a Director. See attached.

1DC9C869-F953-4F6E-99E0-563686091519.jpg

However, not sure if he’s still “employed” by HMFC in some capacity. I thought he was out the door completely but maybe wrong.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Levein is no longer a Director. See attached.

1DC9C869-F953-4F6E-99E0-563686091519.jpg

However, not sure if he’s still “employed” by HMFC in some capacity. I thought he was out the door completely but maybe wrong.
    Overseeing youth development till the end if season. Also, tour guide for Tynie and their rented training facilities.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 10-12-2019 at 12:11 PM.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Overseeing youth development till the end if season. Also, tour guide for Tynie and their rented training facilities.
    haha...hearts (Budge) are sharting all over him...."tour guide"...
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Reading the statement it appears he was placed on gardening leave for what amounted to a serious breach of contract. Speaking to a rival club and trying to coerce others to leave the club is pretty close to gross misconduct, in fact it's probably a slam dunk.

If that process hadn't been concluded and he was still under contract to Barnsley at the time of Hearts appointing him then it seems they are well within their rights to demand what they feel they are due. I can't see how he can have any legitimate claim to a compensation package in those circumstances.
    The problem Barnsley would face with that slam dunk is that sacking him gives him and the other club what they want, a free move to that club. Barnsley therefore retain his contract and put him on gardening leave and continue to pay him that way they still get compensation if he's appointed elsewhere.

If Hearts didn't know that contractual situation then they are blameless and their new manager could be sacked by them for not declaring he was already employed. You could argue they should have asked!

In reality I suspect Stendal is trying to say you don't pay me compensation and Hearts don't pay you anything while Barnsley are still wanting the compensation.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Do that lot ever actually get anything right?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Do that lot ever actually get anything right?
    They’re World experts at spending tens of millions of £s of other people’s money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    They all seem rather calm about this over on JKB. "Queen Anne" will have it all in hand seemingly, but as the same person was ultimately responsible for a new stand build that was delayed because they forgot to order the seats, opened with not enough lavvies and staircases leading to nowhere and still isn't properly finished, I have to admire their optimism but can't quite see what it's founded on.
    I keep forgetting the stairway to nowhere! Every time it’s mentioned again I laugh out loud! 😂😂😂

** A working knowledge of the 70's game Ker-Plunk will help with the following. Ker-Plunk was basically a load of marbles in a clear vertical tube which were supported by horizontally threaded plastic sticks. You then saw how many of the supporting sticks you could remove without the balls falling through. Got it

Chapter 1
    Barnsley appear to be owned by foreign investor/business types looking to make money out of the cash cow that is English football. Their strategy is to sell the best players on big wages and replace them with young guys on low wages. train and develop them then sell them for loads of money. What could go wrong?

They took over and employed Stendl and he did well, however, they started to play Ker-Plunk with his team, selling off his best players and bringing in young replacements with potential on smaller wages just as they had planned. Despite the weakening of their team, the manager and remaining players managed to hold on and were promoted. However, this summer the board continued with the same Ker-Plunk policy and Stendl quickly realised that the squad assembled by the board had no chance of surviving in the Championship.
    In response Stendl speaks to the board. They give him the **** speak and fob him off. He gets frustrated and tells them they know nothing about football and nobody is happy.
    He tells his agent who advises him it is time to get out before large amounts of marbles come down on his head.

The season starts and predictably Barnsley are not good enough or experienced enough and sink to the bottom of the league. Marbles everywhere. The agent does his stuff and they speak with representatives of Huddersfield on the qt. Barnsley find out, challenge him and sack him. Stendl asks for his contract to be paid up and Barnsley refuse citing his breach of contract by speaking to another club without their knowledge or agreement. Lawyers/agents for both parties spend the next 2 months unsuccessfully trying to come to a pay off agreement.

In the meantime Barnsley appoint a new manager and continue to scuff along the bottom of the league.
    Stendl sits twiddling his thumbs in contemplation when without warning an old woman with candy floss hair tells him of her maroon marvels of the North.
    She sounds desparate, something about Harry Potter and angry scarf twirlers.

Chapter 2?
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 10-12-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    ** A working knowledge of the 70's game Ker-Plunk will help with the following. Ker-Plunk was basically a load of marbles in a clear vertical tube which were supported by horizontally threaded plastic sticks. You then saw how many of the supporting sticks you could remove without the balls falling through. Got it

Chapter 1
    Barnsley appear to be owned by foreign investor/business types looking to make money out of the cash cow that is English football. Their strategy is to sell the best players on big wages and replace them with young guys on low wages. train and develop them then sell them for loads of money. Keep doing it and make loads of money. What could go wrong?

They took over and employed Stendl and he did well, however, they started to play Ker-Plunk with his team, selling off his best players and bringing in young replacements with potential on smaller wages just as they had planned. Despite the weakening of their team, the manager and remaining players managed to hold on and were promoted. However, this summer the board continued with the same Ker-Plunk policy and Stendl quickly realised that the squad assembled by the board had no chance of surviving in the Championship.
    In response Stendl speaks to the board. They give him the **** speak and fob him off. He gets frustrated and tells them they know nothing about football and nobody is happy.
    He tells his agent who advises him it is time to get out before large amounts of marbles come down on his head.

The season starts and predictably Barnsley are not good enough or experienced enough and sink to the bottom of the league. Marbles everywhere. The agent does his stuff and they speak with representatives of Huddersfield on the qt. Barnsley find out, challenge him and sack him. Stendl asks for his contract to be paid up and Barnsley refuse citing his breach of contract by speaking to another club without their knowledge or agreement. Lawyers/agents for both parties spend the next 2 months unsuccessfully trying to come to a pay off agreement.

In the meantime Barnsley appoint a new manager and continue to scuff along the bottom of the league.
    Stendl sits twiddling his thumbs in contemplation when without warning an old woman with candy floss hair tells him of her maroon marvels of the North.
    She sounds desparate, something about Harry Potter and scarf twirlers.

Chapter 2?
    Chapter 2 - Buckaroo

After the Kerplunk Era, Mr Stendel decides to go for a Buckaroo phase.

He doesnt fancy the Hearts job, but it is the only interest shown in him, so he uses it to boost his profile.

He strings along the old lady in charge of west Edinburgh and encourages her to put more and more things into his contract, until, like buckaroo, it gets too much and spectacularly falls apart for all players.

Stendel gets big bucks & all sorts of promises but omits to tell Mrs Doctor that he was still technically under contract. The Buckaroo moment comes when Barnsley seek a six figure sum from the hapless Mrs Doctor.

Chapter 3..

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Ideal scenario is he’s failing miserably from now until ten matches into next season when Hearts are wanting him out. Right about the same time as the sports arbitrators find they are due Barnsley about 500k compo. Beautiful.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Ideal scenario is he’s failing miserably from now until ten matches into next season when Hearts are wanting him out. Right about the same time as the sports arbitrators find they are due Barnsley about 500k compo. Beautiful.
    He will be punted or quit by the summer and use the excuse of it not being his team or coaches.

If a manager moves between clubs and the clubs cannot agree on an adequate amount of compensation then due to the early termination of the contract the original club will be able to bring the following claims:

Breach of contract – by the manager
    Inducement to breach the contract – by the club obtaining his services

It is likely that both these claims are to be heard by a disciplinary tribunal which will decide on the adequate amount of compensation to be paid.

However, in some instances a manager will be put under gardening leave by the club anticipating losing his services meaning he will not be able to move to another club for a specified time period.

I reckon he will be a good appointment for them and will have them fired up for the derby.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I reckon he will be a good appointment for them and will have them fired up for the derby.
    Not difficult. When are they not?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I think he is technically still employed
    by Barnsley but on so called garden leave. He was relieved of his duties because of his shenanigans with the other club and not informing Barnsley. Keeping him employed is a sort of punishment by Barnsley. It also ensures if anybody wants to hire him they have to buy him out of his contract. Barnsley look as if they will accept a compromise offer. But I think Hearts have technically broken employment law. Amazing that they think they owe Barsnley nothing. Think this could turn ugly.

It's Hearts, ffs - the concept of 'Paying your way' is utterly abhorrent to them !

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    She’s a business woman don’t you know. Quietly demonstrating how to make a small fortune out of a football club (by starting off with a big fortune).

A story as old as time.
    I've met Ann Budge when I worked at RBS. A very pleasant & well mannered woman. Yes she did have a big fortune, but she worked hard started & grew her business to such a successful extent that it was bought for a considerable amount of money.
    I can't be bothered with the politics of envey

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I've met Ann Budge when I worked at RBS. A very pleasant & well mannered woman. Yes she did have a big fortune, but she worked hard started & grew her business to such a successful extent that it was bought for a considerable amount of money.
    Others have a different recollection of her. The brains of the operation was her senior business partner Alison Newell who decided to sell her majority stake in the company to a French multinational. Newell and Budge under delivered and over charged but hey Fred liked them and thats all that mattered.

Testimonial Due
    Well that’s great. Let me know your address and I’ll send you a cookie. But what’s your actual point?

She’s fired through £25m of fans money since she took over HMFC and is running a company that needs a further injection of £4m+, over and above the day to day takings of the business, just to see itself through to the end of the next financial year and to survive til the next round of fans season ticket money.

At some stage people need to stop applauding some so-called business savvy and realise that HMFC are a total basket case of a business that can’t function without huge injections of extraneous cash.

I don’t know what will happen to HMFC in the future but I’d bet my house that it doesn’t become some well run sustainable business capable of surviving on its normal corporate takings.

Anyone who manages and promotes a business that has spent c£30m of injected cash and continues to push the business as viable really does not deserve the label of being a good business person.

It’s insanity, slowly enfolding before our very eyes.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    And of course being successful in one line of business is no guarantee of being able to replicate that in another.

There is tons of examples of hugely successful businesses expanding into new areas and failing or indeed moving into another territory with the same business model and failing.

So making money running an IT firm ages ago means basically zilch in being able to run HMFC effectively today.

It’s a moot debate anyway, her failings at running Hearts are there, clear as day, for anyone and everyone to see.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nobody with sense should ever get involved with football. I hope the lady can get out with her money as soon as possible.

I don't think there is any envey here, just people taking the piss due to the obession about how "business savvy" she is while running a circus over the road.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well that’s great. Let me know your address and I’ll send you a cookie. But what’s your actual point?

She’s fired through £25m of fans money since she took over HMFC and is running a company that needs a further injection of £4m+, over and above the day to day takings of the business, just to see itself through to the end of the next financial year and to survive til the next round of fans season ticket money.

At some stage people need to stop applauding some so-called business savvy and realise that HMFC are a total basket case of a business that can’t function without huge injections of extraneous cash.

I don’t know what will happen to HMFC in the future but I’d bet my house that it doesn’t become some well run sustainable business capable of surviving on its normal corporate takings.

Anyone who manages and promotes a business that has spent c£30m of injected cash and continues to push the business as viable really does not deserve the label of being a good business person.

I think the insanity is that anyone could have thought it would run a different course.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Others have a different recollection of her. The brains of the operation was her senior business partner Alison Newell who decided to sell her majority stake in the company to a French multinational. Newell and Budge under delivered and over charged but hey Fred liked them and thats all that mattered.
    The Shred. “Carpets? Aye, I like them, fit them. What, you fitted those carpets?. Nah, rip them up and fit those other ones we spoke about before. Done? Third thoughts, **** those carpets too, rip the floor up and start again”

Coaching Staff

Your initial point was that she had the advantage of having a bundle of money to start with, easy for her. Do you apply the same logic to Sir Tom Farmers take over of Hibs? And as for your cookie stick it where the sun doesn't shine!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    The Shred. “Carpets? Aye, I like them, fit them. What, you fitted those carpets?. Nah, rip them up and fit those other ones we spoke about before. Done? Third thoughts, **** those carpets too, rip the floor up and start again”
    I was there at that time, it wasn't funny believe me 😒

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Nobody with sense should ever get involved with football. I hope the lady can get out with her money as soon as possible.
    Agree. As far as I can tell she was the only feasible show in town when Hearts were at death's door. She didn't need to get involved and without her they'd be pushing up daisies. It does seem that after saving it, running it does not suit her skills comfortably but the flak she's taking over there is shocking.

Much as I loathe Hearts as much as the next Hibbie, as a football person I respect what she did and hope she's able to exit the club on the financial level she had at the start.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Agree. As far as I can tell she was the only feasible show in town when Hearts were at death's door. She didn't need to get involved and without her they'd be pushing up daisies. It does seem that after saving it, running it does not suit her skills comfortably but the flak she's taking over there is shocking.

Much as I loathe Hearts as much as the next Hibbie, as a football person I respect what she did and hope she's able to exit the club on the financial level she had at the start.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post

It seems to me that a lot of the younger ones have s completely unrealistic expectation. It hasn't just been a case of surviving, gritting the teeth and working their way back.

The seem to expect her to keep the Romanov fantasy running.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I was there at that time, it wasn't funny believe me 😒
    Me too. You were probably getting paid though.