hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Hearts on the rob again

Here it is

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/barnsley-hit-out-daniel-stendel-after-hearts-move-read-astonishing-statement-full-1336461

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Lol, brilliant.

Got a good feeling about there latest appointment

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

They all seem rather calm about this over on JKB. "Queen Anne" will have it all in hand seemingly, but as the same person was ultimately responsible for a new stand build that was delayed because they forgot to order the seats, opened with not enough lavvies and staircases leading to nowhere and still isn't properly finished, I have to admire their optimism but can't quite see what it's founded on.
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 10-12-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Testimonial Due
    She’s a business woman don’t you know. Quietly demonstrating how to make a small fortune out of a football club (by starting off with a big fortune).

A story as old as time.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol, brilliant.

Got a good feeling about there latest appointment

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yes, loyalty doesn't seem to be one of Stendl's qualities. Sounds like the first decent job that comes up in England he'll be off like a shot.

Be absolutely hilarious if St Johnstone beat them on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Do they actually know where the manager is.BBC pictures says he arrived at Glasgow Airport but look closely at board in background and it says Edinburgh Airport lol

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    They all seem rather calm about this over on JKB. "Queen Anne" will have it all in hand seemingly, but as the same person was ultimately responsible for a new stand build that was delayed because they forgot to order the seats, opened with not enough lavvies and staircases leading to nowhere and still isn't properly finished, I have to admire their optimism but can't quite see what it's founded on.

Poor tinpot Barnsley with their owner only worth $9b 😂😂😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Typical EEN dross - Hearts once again bumping money, where's the 'News' factor there ?. They've been living off 'Other People's Money' since Mercer so it's tradition, it's in their DNA !

What is notable in this 'article' is that there's no 'Fans forum' - you can bet that wouldn't be the case if it was a bad-news story about US !

Wait so Barnsley sacked him, then failed to reach a settlement to pay him off. Then hearts appointed him and somehow they're in the wrong?

I mean... I love to take the piss out them as much as the next person, but how is this hearts issue? Surely Barnsley have messed up - sack and pay him off.

Only in football can you expect money for someone you binned. Reeks of a bitter ex. I don't want him but you can't have either.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Wait so Barnsley sacked him, then failed to reach a settlement to pay him off. Then hearts appointed him and somehow they're in the wrong?

I mean... I love to take the piss out them as much as the next person, but how is this hearts issue? Surely Barnsley have messed up - sack and pay him off.

Only in football can you expect money for someone you binned. Reeks of a bitter ex. I don't want him but you can't have either.

But he wasn’t sacked.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

What if it's Stendel that's being unreasonable with the settlement he's demanding? Why should Barnsley pay him off quickly just to keep him & Hearts happy?

Stendel - I want £500k
    Barnsley - No, that's too much
    Hearts - Hey look everyone, we've signed Stendel
    Stendel - I still want my £500k
    Barnsley - No, that's too much, but if Hearts chip in we can maybe sort something out
    Hearts - But, but... you sacked him...

Quote Originally Posted by NC1875 View Post
    But he wasn’t sacked.
    Ok. He was "removed".

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar

Yeah i hate those c**** as much as anyone but can't see how they're in the wrong here tbh, or due barnsley anything.

That said he sounds exactly like the type of snake who'll suit them and i can't wait for him to f*** them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    What if it's Stendel that's being unreasonable with the settlement he's demanding? Why should Barnsley pay him off quickly just to keep him & Hearts happy?

Stendel - I want £500k
    Barnsley - No, that's too much
    Hearts - Hey look everyone, we've signed Stendel
    Stendel - I still want my £500k
    Barnsley - No, that's too much, but if Hearts chip in we can maybe sort something out
    Hearts - But, but... you sacked him...
    Of course that could be the case. However, I'd imagine payoffs would be written into contracts as would breach of contract etc. I'd imagine it'll be if you're "removed"* you get xyz pay off but if you take a job by such a date you get xy and if you go to clubs in direct competition you get X or nothing from us. That's pretty standard.

It reads very much like Barnsley spitting the dummy. These things are always best dealt with in house or by lawyers. Anything public looks crass.

Again, Barnsley and DS failure to reach a settlement isn't hearts fault. He's taken a job, hearts will (or will not - they have history) pay him a salary. If he's due money from Barnsley then it's up to them to inform him he's only getting whatever and if he's got issues for him to sort.

I would clarify by saying I don't think he's a good manager. I would have been gutted if we'd appointed him. However, I'm not sure hearts have done much wrong here despite the trend to stick the boot in at every chance.

*He wasn't sacked.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ok. He was "removed".

There’s a massive difference.

Of course that could be the case. However, I'd imagine payoffs would be written into contracts as would breach of contract etc. I'd imagine it'll be if you're "removed"* you get xyz pay off but if you take a job by such a date you get xy and if you go to clubs in direct competition you get X or nothing from us. That's pretty standard.

It reads very much like Barnsley spitting the dummy. These things are always best dealt with in house or by lawyers. Anything public looks crass.

Again, Barnsley and DS failure to reach a settlement isn't hearts fault. He's taken a job, hearts will (or will not - they have history) pay him a salary. If he's due money from Barnsley then it's up to them to inform him he's only getting whatever and if he's got issues for him to sort.

I would clarify by saying I don't think he's a good manager. I would have been gutted if we'd appointed him. However, I'm not sure hearts have done much wrong here despite the trend to stick the boot in at every chance.

*He wasn't sacked.

For me it's obvious that there's an ongoing dispute between Stendel & Barnsley. Hearts shouldn't have appointed him/gone public until it was resolved.

Imagine it was an out of favour star player as opposed to a manager. I don't see the difference to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    For me it's obvious that there's an ongoing dispute between Stendel & Barnsley. Hearts shouldn't have appointed him/gone public until it was resolved.

Imagine it was an out of favour star player as opposed to a manager. I don't see the difference to be honest.

perhaps that was the hold up with hearts announcing him, but with their abysmal form they felt they had to do it. Saturday evening is an odd time to announce a new manager

His trusted lieutenants. 😁

Thought they were planning on jumping ship with their admiral.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    perhaps that was the hold up with hearts announcing him, but with their abysmal form they felt they had to do it. Saturday evening is an odd time to announce a new manager
    I definitely think Budge panicked, either that or a "mystery benefactor" pressured her into making the announcement.

If an ice-cream shop gets a new freezer cabinet, and sticks the old one outside with a pricetag on it, you can't just take it without paying for it just cos the owner wasn't using it anymore. If you don't like the price you go elsewhere.

Other examples are available

Testimonial Due
    I think he is technically still employed
    by Barnsley but on so called garden leave. He was relieved of his duties because of his shenanigans with the other club and not informing Barnsley. Keeping him employed is a sort of punishment by Barnsley. It also ensures if anybody wants to hire him they have to buy him out of his contract. Barnsley look as if they will accept a compromise offer. But I think Hearts have technically broken employment law. Amazing that they think they owe Barsnley nothing. Think this could turn ugly.

Reading the statement it appears he was placed on gardening leave for what amounted to a serious breach of contract. Speaking to a rival club and trying to coerce others to leave the club is pretty close to gross misconduct, in fact it's probably a slam dunk.

If that process hadn't been concluded and he was still under contract to Barnsley at the time of Hearts appointing him then it seems they are well within their rights to demand what they feel they are due. I can't see how he can have any legitimate claim to a compensation package in those circumstances.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    If he turns out to be *****...they might try to off him on a sale and return basis?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Testimonial Due
    As the Herald points out he does not in his facebook deny he was talking to an another club. He also states that at the time of his removal he tried to reach an amicable agreement with Barnsley shielding it from the fans. Think Hearts have been badly advised legally.

Testimonial Due
    The weird thing is, in his Facebook statement, he doesn’t address the issue that Barnsley have accused him of. Just ignores the issue then prattles on about how he worked really hard for Barnsley. If Barnsley’s allegations were unfounded you’d think he would be denying them but this doesn’t seem to be the case so one can probably assume he’s guilty.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    As the Herald points out he does not in his facebook deny he was talking to an another club. He also states that at the time of his removal he tried to reach an amicable agreement with Barnsley shielding it from the fans. Think Hearts have been badly advised legally.
    Beat me to it :-)

Left by mutual consent!
    I think Hearts have fallen for the old, "I've got a mate down the pub who says it will be ok" again.

Same guy that knows how to put planning applications in, and is a top level architect.

Penny wise, and pound foolish, that's the Yams. Small timers

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    I think Hearts have fallen for the old, "I've got a mate down the pub who says it will be ok" again.

Same guy that knows how to put planning applications in, and is a top level architect. This is almost as funny as we owe it to ourselves mantra

Penny wise, and pound foolish, that's the Yams. Small timers
    Yeah the fact they were in discussion with Barnsley and writing letters to them on the matter but now they say they owe nothing. This is almost as funny as the we owe it to ourselves mantra.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 10-12-2019 at 11:37 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Stendal had zero wins in ten league games??

Talk about starting with no recent pedigree. Is Levein any better and is he still a director?

Queen Anne went public about employing a sporting director first and what does she do.

She is truly out her depth when it comes to day to day ownership.

I predict an immediate victory or three and then back to square one.