hibs.net Messageboard

Flo's pass for second goal

The ball through to Boyle for second goal was equally as the one to Boyle for the first goal.
    I thought it was A pass from Scott Allan due to the class of the pass as I thought it was one only he was capable of doing and was pleasantly surprised that Flo was capable of it and what a result .
    So as well as scoring Flo is capable if setting up goals for his colleagues .
    Good to see he is capable if making goals as well as scoring .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Lovely pass and great performance from Flo too.

He seems very happy with life at hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    He's a very talented player - keeps on trying things and sometimes they don't come off but ....

When Flo is in Flow it's a joy to behold - a great capture - long may he thrive as a Hibee

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It was absolutely minging. If I’m being honest it was indecent, no defender should have put up with that.

United we stand here....

Absolutely brilliant pass. As was the one from Halberg to Flo at start of the move

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ball through to Boyle for second goal was equally as the one to Boyle for the first goal.
    I thought it was A pass from Scott Allan due to the class of the pass as I thought it was one only he was capable of doing and was pleasantly surprised that Flo was capable of it and what a result .
    So as well as scoring Flo is capable if setting up goals for his colleagues .
    Good to see he is capable if making goals as well as scoring .
    It was.
    All 3 goals where top notch.
    Best half of football Hibs have played since the end of season 2017/18.

Tbf, the pass from Kamberi was a lateral pass into acres of space, not on the same level as Allan's pass technique wise but great awareness to get his head up and run down a blind alley as might once have been the case.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Tbf, the pass from Kamberi was a lateral pass into acres of space, not on the same level as Allan's pass technique wise but great awareness to get his head up and run down a blind alley as might once have been the case.
    He didn't put it into acres of space. He put it right on the button. 2 great passes and 2 great goals from great passes

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    He seems very happy with life at hibs.
    I’m not all that convinced.

He’s as up and down as he he’s ever been.

No doubt he was absolutely outstanding on Saturday but with Flo you just don’t know if he’s going to be in the huff again next week.

Although in fairness, he does tend to like the games against the big teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

No doubt he was absolutely outstanding on Saturday but with Flo you just don’t know if he’s going to be in the huff again next week.

He said as much in his pre match press conference on Friday when he said he likes the big games at Easter Road but not the games away to teams like Ross County, Hamilton, and St Mirren so much.

That’ was definitely reflected in his two performances in the last week!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Scott Allan’s pass was a precision pass on the button he looks up sees Boyles run and places the ball perfectly just ahead of him for him to run onto and flick it over the goalie

I agree that Flo hits the ball into space but in fairness to Flo he looks up and sees Boyles run through the middle but Boyle still has work to do to and does exceptionally well to ward off Considine and slide the ball home

Two brilliant goals and two perfect passes

Well done to Martin Boyle for two great finishes after a long time out injured

A well deserved ovation from the home fans for his efforts when subbed
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 10-12-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I don't necessarily think he's that huffy, just honest. If he has a crap game (his fault or not) his frustration shows.

If he's dropped he'll accept it but won't pretend to be happy about it - he's said as much in interviews.

I'm (obviously) not a footballer but I'm pretty much the same. I wouldn't say I was particularly huffy or moody.

Blog Entries
    Both fine passes but Flo's was much easier to execute. However before that Flo had held ball up brilliantly to create the space. 2 different skills from 2 fine players. I posted last week that when Flo turns up then Hibs also perform. I think Saturday was a great example of that.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    It was a cracking pass and all the more so coming from that player in that position.

All the goals were beautifully executed and they were complemented by much more effective pressing all over the park.

During and after the game on Saturday I felt that I finally had my club back after a long hiatus. It was a joy.

@hibs.net private member
    Allan's pass was a cracker as was Flo's. Allan probably had less to aim at but he had time and control of the ball, no pressure on him and Boyle's run was easy to spot. Flo had a bigger area to aim for but he had no time, played the ball first time and it still split 4 players. No point arguing what was better as they were both great passes and both players also did some good work in the lead up to the pass. Flo played an Allan like ball to Newal the other week too and I think we are seeing more and more good passes simply because players are working harder and making the runs.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I never appreciated the quality of a Flo’s pass to Boyle for the second until viewing again - it really was top drawer. It’s just great to see him play with a freedom to express himself and he looks like he’s enjoying his football. Even in the clips from training that are posted he always seem to have a smile on his face.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Allan's pass was a cracker as was Flo's. Allan probably had less to aim at but he had time and control of the ball, no pressure on him and Boyle's run was easy to spot. Flo had a bigger area to aim for but he had no time, played the ball first time and it still split 4 players. No point arguing what was better as they were both great passes and both players also did some good work in the lead up to the pass. Flo played an Allan like ball to Newal the other week too and I think we are seeing more and more good passes simply because players are working harder and making the runs.
    Could it also be the case that the players are making more of their own decisions in an attacking sense rather as being bogged down with tactics and training ground moves?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Could it also be the case that the players are making more of their own decisions in an attacking sense rather as being bogged down with tactics and training ground moves?
    Perhaps but I doubt it. Movement and effort can have as much to do with confidence as fitness.We got a lift when Heck left and our luck seemed to change. all of a sudden those breaks that were going against us went for us and we got our mojo back.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Definitely. The pass from Kamberi was just instinctive.

None of what we did on Saturday was rocket science. We just got players in to areas of the pitch that they could do some damage.

When Boyle started running from wide to infield for the first i seen the gap and hoped Scott Allan could see it too. Not only did he see it but how he manages to get the angle right and weight right so often is incredible.

The 2nd goal starts from Flo taking a good touch which is strange for someone who ive read numerous times on here has a terrible touch. Lovely couple of interchanges with Doidge and he managed to lift his head and play a wonderfully weighted ball for Boyle. Boyle deserves massive credit for both goals for his movement. Thats why you cant play boyle up top and hes much better out wide and running in behind from wide areas.

The last 3 home games we have played cracking football at times. Which even when he had a decent run to start with i cant recall us doing it much under heckingbottom, although it did break out on rare occassions. Thats why i am more hopeful this isnt a new manager bounce or another false dawn and that we are slowly improving. There are still big problems that shouldnt be overlooked come January but i cant help but feel like standards have been lifted.

Did I not read somewhere that, under Ross, the players haven't been doing much "final 3rd" stuff in training?

I know that both Boyle & SJM said the same thing during Lennon's time.

I think the pass from Kamberi was slightly better than described.

If it was simply a 'lateral pass into acres of space' it would have been behind Boyle for a start.

The pass demonstrated vision, precision, weight, awareness. A thing of beauty.

Great pass. It was one that was very easy to get wrong, but he weighted it perfectly.

Two goals and an assist from Boyler, a goal and an assist from Flo. Not a bad day at the office that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Great pass. It was one that was very easy to get wrong, but he weighted it perfectly.

Two goals and an assist from Boyler, a goal and an assist from Flo. Not a bad day at the office that.
    It's funny how knackered he looked after passing the ball to Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The 2nd goal starts from Flo taking a good touch which is strange for someone who ive read numerous times on here has a terrible touch.
    It's not that strange. For most of last season he did have a terrible touch. It's something he's clearly been working on ever since he signed up for us full-time. Last season, he went from being the lone frontman with long, high, balls pinging off him in all directions, to long, high, balls bouncing off him, but directed towards another Hibs player around the time Hecky took over, to finally being able to trap and play the ball himself this season. Players improve. That's what all that training is for.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlienDoidge9
    His wee turn and pass for newell against motherwell at home was simply sexy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I don't necessarily think he's that huffy, just honest. If he has a crap game (his fault or not) his frustration shows.

If he's dropped he'll accept it but won't pretend to be happy about it - he's said as much in interviews.

I'm (obviously) not a footballer but I'm pretty much the same. I wouldn't say I was particularly huffy or moody.
    I agree with this - some people (not aimed directly at smartie by the way) seem desperate for him to have an attitude problem, maybe owing in part to previous Lennon stories. It was the same with Scott Allan. It begins to fade as more and more people appreciate their class.

Who cares which ball was best. Both result in Boyle scoring. Both were fantastic assists. 3 of the best goals seen at Easter Road for many a long year