Derby Tickets

£34 for Tynecastle.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £34 for Tynecastle.
    How do you know? Is that Hearts released theirs?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    How do you know? Is that Hearts released theirs?

Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian
    Thursday 26th December 2019
    Tynecastle Stadium
    Away – Kick Off 3.00pm
    Payments will be taken on Wednesday 4th December 2019 at 9.30am.
    All tickets will be allocated in the upper tier other than those ambulant supporters that have arranged lower tier.
    Collections available from Saturday 7th December 2019.
    Ticket Prices:
    Adult: - Upper @ £34.00
    Concessions: Over 65/Student Upper @ £25.00
    Under 18s Upper @ £20.00
    Under 16s @ £15.00
    Under 13s @ 14.00

From the away season ticket email.

Absolutely ridiculous

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Tynecastle Stadium
    Away – Kick Off 3.00pm
    All tickets will be allocated in the upper tier other than those ambulant supporters that have arranged lower tier.
    Ticket Prices:
    Under 18s Upper @ £20.00
    Under 16s @ £15.00
    Under 13s @ 14.00

cheers

Thing is, we keep skelping them for money, they keep doing likewise - same as Celtic tickets, its bonkers for Scottish football. Basically a £100 day

@hibs.net private member
    Tynecastle Stadium
    Away – Kick Off 3.00pm
    Ticket Prices:
    Under 18s Upper @ £20.00
    Under 16s @ £15.00
    Under 13s @ 14.00

Is ko not 12:30?

Quote Originally Posted by joe t View Post
    Is ko not 12:30?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Whoever is responsible for the fixture congestion in December needs taken to task. It’s one of the most expensive months for the majority of people with Christmas nights out etc. Yet the SPL think it’s fine to cram in 6 games. Hibs are unfortunate to have 4 away games, two to the most expensive tickets and one to the furthest away in midweek.

Myself, adult son and 7 year old grandson are AST and assuming Livingston will charge roughly the same as Ross County it will cost me £280 in away tickets alone. And football was supposed to be for the working class ??

They must be the only club to charge different prices for a one tier stand.

This is something that the fans need to take up. Celtic and St Mirren fans have had banners recently for a Twenty's Plenty campaign. Surely the singing section have the resources to make a banner with a similar point at Tynecastle (not just aimed at Hearts' prices but Scottish football as a whole). With the TV cameras there, it could get a fair bit of attention if done right. Up to them I suppose but if not the wider Hibs support should be thinking about clubbing together to get something made.

It's getting worse and worse and it needs to be challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Whoever is responsible for the fixture congestion in December needs taken to task. It’s one of the most expensive months for the majority of people with Christmas nights out etc. Yet the SPL think it’s fine to cram in 6 games. Hibs are unfortunate to have 4 away games, two to the most expensive tickets and one to the furthest away in midweek.

Myself, adult son and 7 year old grandson are AST and assuming Livingston will charge roughly the same as Ross County it will cost me £280 in away tickets alone. And football was supposed to be for the working class ??
    Scrap the winter break, move two of the midweek December games into the two Saturdays in January that we currently take off and move the Boxing Day fixtures to 2nd January. We're sorted.

When do we expect these tickets to go on sale to ST holders, this week or next?

If anyone official from Hibs is looking in can you make it Monday, please. This means that Hibs most handsome and all round best supporter has a better chance of getting a ticket

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    They must be the only club to charge different prices for a one tier stand.
    And still have the audacity to call it upper tier and lower tier WTF.

Not going anymore. **** the Hertz.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    When do we expect these tickets to go on sale to ST holders, this week or next?

If anyone official from Hibs is looking in can you make it Monday, please. This means that Hibs most handsome and all round best supporter has a better chance of getting a ticket
    I believe it’s “normally” a day or 2 after the away season money gets taken. So maybe Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This is something that the fans need to take up. Celtic and St Mirren fans have had banners recently for a Twenty's Plenty campaign. Surely the singing section have the resources to make a banner with a similar point at Tynecastle (not just aimed at Hearts' prices but Scottish football as a whole). With the TV cameras there, it could get a fair bit of attention if done right. Up to them I suppose but if not the wider Hibs support should be thinking about clubbing together to get something made.

It's getting worse and worse and it needs to be challenged.
    The problem is we all want a good team and that costs money.
    Less admission money equals less money for our clubs to spend.
    Football clubs are a money monster and i am afraid that you need to keep feeding it or it will shink.

Twenty's Plenty is a valid point in the top English league because their clubs receive the vast majority of their revenue from TV and sponsorship. It's not relevant in Scotland because the vast majority of our clubs cash comes from gate receipts. In effect Scottish clubs supporters really are their life blood.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 02-12-2019 at 05:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post

i'd say it's the away fans that are unfortunate with so many away games, Aberdeen this saturday will be the 3rd sat on the trot with a home game, if we then had a raft of home games coming up just before xmas it would hurt the club even more

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The problem is we all want a good team and that costs money.
    Less admission money equals less money for our clubs to spend.
    Football clubs are a money monster and i am afraid that you need to keep feeding it or it will shink.

Twenty's Plenty is relevant in the top English league because they receive the vast majority of their revenue from TV and sponsorship. It's not relevant in Scotland because the vast majority of our clubs cash comes from gate receipts.
    In effect Scottish clubs supporters really are their life blood.
    Money is pissed away on all sorts of things, not least of all the vast salaries paid out to those who run our clubs. You could do away with those for a start.

The bit in bold is extremely alarming and it troubles me that you don't seem to be alarmed by it either.

How is that a sustainable model? That is going to crash at some point and we might all lose the club we love.

We need to be moving away from the model as soon as possible. Introduce salary caps, whatever it takes.

Money is pissed away on all sorts of things, not least of all the vast salaries paid out to those who run our clubs. You could do away with those for a start.

The bit in bold is extremely alarming and it troubles me that you don't seem to be alarmed by it either.

How is that a sustainable model? That is going to crash at some point and we might all lose the club we love.

We need to be moving away from the model as soon as possible. Introduce salary caps, whatever it takes.
    So long as Hibs don't spend money they don't have they will be fine.
    Our model and that of most other clubs is to bring in as much money as possible and spend it.

Other than the usual gate money, sponsorship and hospitality the club stealth sook extra money from us for mascot packages, player of the year dinners, hall of fame dinners, calendar signings, 3 football strips a year, books and other assorted tat. All are dressed up vehicles to get money from us to feed the monster.

We all decide how much to be taken for. I buy season tickets, a team top and go to away games at all clubs apart from the Old Firm, Aberdeen and Hearts. That way i get to see lots of Hibs games and my cash helps Scottish clubs who need it. Other folk have a home season ticket, an away season ticket, hospitality package etc etc We all decide how much we can afford and want to contribute to Hibernian Football Club.

Hibs are in rude health financially but they will hoover every penny out of your pockets if you let them.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 02-12-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I believe it’s “normally” a day or 2 after the away season money gets taken. So maybe Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Celtic tickets went on sale three days after the AST guys and gals got sorted out.
    Last edited by BS44; 02-12-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Simple. Don't go. Empty away end hurts the team but sends a message. They do it cos they know it'll sell out.

Until the fans say enough then it'll continue. We mocked hearts in 2000 (yeah they knew they'd get pumped) for saying no to £24. Now it's £10 more.

Its a farce and it's simply not sustainable.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i'd say it's the away fans that are unfortunate with so many away games, Aberdeen this saturday will be the 3rd sat on the trot with a home game, if we then had a raft of home games coming up just before xmas it would hurt the club even more
    Wish I had a clue what you were trying to say here

Left by mutual consent!
    Hearts must be ****ing skint

34 f,n quid wtf

They've done it before, I and 3500 others gladly ponied up and watched us win 1-0 with Kerr scoring. Cheap at the price.

Either pay it or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    They've done it before, I and 3500 others gladly ponied up and watched us win 1-0 with Kerr scoring. Cheap at the price.

Either pay it or don't.
    The game Kerr score we actually weren’t even close to selling out- whole big section completely empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    The game Kerr score we actually weren’t even close to selling out- whole big section completely empty.
    Well, whatever. Certainly sounded and felt like a sell-off that ball hit the back of the net.

Either pay it or don't.
    If we carry on with that attitude football stadiums in Scotland out with the exception of 4 or 5 will be like a Queens Park v Berwick Rangers game on a quiet Tuesday afternoon KO time. Over all the game in Scotland is struggling and £34 a ticket is not helping.

Well, whatever. Certainly sounded and felt like a sell-off that ball hit the back of the net.
    No, not "whatever". You were wrong, and it's an important point that you were wrong. Ticket prices do affect attendances and they need to be cut drastically.

No, not "whatever". You were wrong, and it's an important point that you were wrong. Ticket prices do affect attendances and they need to be cut drastically.
    My point was that it's not like it hasn't happened before and either folk will pay it or they won't. What do we charge them? 1 pint's worth less? I wouldn't have missed the Kerr game for the world for a whole variety of reasons and £34 was well worth it. It's a prime game in the context of Scottish football. Other folk can lead the charges on the ramparts of ticket prices if they want.

Twenty's plenty is enabled by the radge TV money clubs get down south, income from "normal" ticket sales is relatively incidental to top flight clubs down south, that's simply not the case here.

It's been proven by clubs like Motherwell that offering dirt cheap tickets does not bring about the commensurate increase in attendance to bring income levels back to where they would have been with the former attendance and ticket price levels (to the obvious financial detriment of the club) and we need a solution that suits all clubs, not just those with larger fan bases right?

More imagination and flexible ticket types certainly wouldn't go amiss in Scottish football, but a straight up big reduction across the board in single game prices (especially when those games are the most sought after in the calendar) won't be happening any time soon I suspect.