hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye?
    Huddersfield players who signed on premiership wages are toss.
    Cougars!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Not based solely on today, but who has the best chance of making the breakthrough at Hibs from that squad? Murray we all know about and hope he kicks on, but would it be fair to assume Stirling & Campbell given they featured in pre season?
    I know people's opinion differ but as yet I don't see it with Fraser Murray - good technical player but weak physically (which admittedly can be worked on). I think he desperately needs a loan and some first team football to develop. One thing he has is a terrific attitude and really hope we get him out on loan in the window to see how he does.

For me it would be Jamie Gullan - has great strikers instinct and reminds me a little of Jason Cummings - scores a variety of goals and works really hard off the ball. Sadiki is a bit one paced but he is an absolute unit and up close he is not someone you'd want to play against. I'd say those two are the closest (for me). Both also have the physical attributes that could see them slot into the first team squad no problem.

Followed young Yrick and Paddy Martin since they were youngsters and I'd love them to make it - Paddy is a lovely lad and Hibs through and through - again, Yrik's weakness is his physique (and Paddy's to an extent). Yrick was/is a lovely footballer.
    Last edited by truehibernian; 10-12-2019 at 05:30 PM.

My above post is poor.

Anyway onto the game today. I thought Hibs competed well first half and should have scored where the Huddersfield keeper made a good save.

I feel as a whole the game was quite even but the 2nd goal was the killer. I liked the look of the new lad on trail he looked decent in the time he was on the pitch.

It rained pretty much all game and was soaked. Decent set up at Huddersfield and they are doing building work.

Was good to see the team and I thought it was a decent performance throughout. Thanks again to the gents who helped me get into the game. 👍
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    My above post is poor.

Anyway onto the game today. I thought Hibs competed well first half and should have scored where the Huddersfield keeper made a good save.

I feel as a whole the game was quite even but the 2nd goal was the killer. I liked the look of the new lad on trail he looked decent in the time he was on the pitch.

It rained pretty much all game and was soaked. Decent set up at Huddersfield and they are doing building work.

Was good to see the team and I thought it was a decent performance throughout. Thanks again to the gents who helped me get into the game. 👍
    Cheers for the report bud . Do you know the name of the boy on trial? ( which position was he playing?)
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Cheers for the report bud . Do you know the name of the boy on trial? ( which position was he playing?)
    It’s not who you think it is😜

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Who is it then?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    So it’s not the guy the Scotsman were reporting last week?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    So it’s not the guy the Scotsman were reporting last week?
    "It won’t be Alidor who comes in though but Ross says that the depth in CDM quality is something he may look at.

“Not as things stand,” Ross said after the 3-0 win over Aberdeen. “I think it was something that was arranged prior to me coming as well. I was happy to honour that in terms of him coming in. It’s maybe not the exact what we are looking for at the moment."

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interv...ialist-alidor/

Who do you think i think it is 😁
    If you tell me who it was I'll tell you if that's who i was thinking 🤔😜

Was Calum Yates playing LB? how did he play?

Anyone know how Reginald Alidor got on? The video hibs posted was 100% him getting off the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Anyone know how Reginald Alidor got on? The video hibs posted was 100% him getting off the bus.
    Got subbed in the 57min. Prob agreed beforehand to play an hour

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Poster above that was there said he did well.

He also said it wasn’t the same guy though.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Who do you think i think it is 😁
    If you tell me who it was I'll tell you if that's who i was thinking 🤔😜
    I was told it wasn’t him, can only say what was said

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    No his name wasn't given to me. Midfield broke the play up well and passed it about a bit.
    Cougars!!!

Huddersfield Town’s Elite Development Team produced an assured performance under testing conditions to beat Hibernian 2-0 in a behind-closed-doors friendly at PPG Canalside on Tuesday afternoon.

Micah Obiero scored once either side of half-time as four First Team players were in action for Leigh Bromby’s side on a wet and windy afternoon at PPG Canalside.

Both sides battled to control possession in the opening exchanges, but it was the visitors who manufactured the first significant chance of the match. Jamie Gullan’s dipping free-kick forced an outstanding save out of Town goalkeeper Nicholas Bilokapic, who dived to his right and got a firm fist to the ball to deny Hibernian from scoring an early opener.

Town responded positively by creating an opportunity of their own courtesy of an exquisite pass by Reece Brown. After receiving the ball on halfway, Brown turned excellently before playing a perfectly executed pass over the top of the Hibs back line to release Kit Elliott. The striker dribbled into the penalty area, but he was closed down quickly and had his shot blocked.

Town enjoyed a period of sustained pressure and they were rewarded for their persistence going forward when they took the lead through Obiero. Adama Diakhaby purposefully drove forward and slipped in Obiero before being brought down cynically in the final third of the pitch. The referee played advantage, however, and Obiero poked past the on-rushing goalkeeper to give Town the advantage.

Bromby’s side were put under pressure during spells of the match as the visitors searched for an equaliser. Hibs captain Fraser Murray delivered an out swinging free-kick into a dangerous area which was flicked on towards the back post by Gullan. The ball fell to the feet of Kosovar Sadiki who was unable to convert past Bilokapic from close range.

Moments later, Gullan looked threatening again when he burst into the area, but Nassim Kherbouche produced an excellent piece of defending to block his effort.

Town began to dominate the proceedings and extended their advantage in the second half through Obiero, who doubled his personal tally for the afternoon. Adama Diakhaby combined well with the forward who sprinted through the Hibs defence and finished emphatically into the bottom left corner of the net.

Huddersfield Town EDT side (4-2-3-1)

Nicholas Bilokapic; Will McCamley, Nassim Kherbouche, Terence Kongolo, Ilounga Pata; Reece Brown, Tim Akinola (Aaron Rowe, 45’); Micah Obiero, Isaac Mbenza, Adama Diakhaby (Isaac Marriott, 45’); Kit Elliott (Trialist, 55’)
    Cougars!!!

The lad who wrote that (uni student from Derby) was very complementary about the Hibs side on the day and recognised Huddersfield had a stronger side out.
    Cougars!!!

My mate who is a Terriers season ticket holder said they had nearly £40m worth of players on the pitch in this friendly!

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    My mate who is a Terriers season ticket holder said they had nearly £40m worth of players on the pitch in this friendly!
    Correct. Their centre back I was told cost around 17 million.
    Cougars!!!