hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Loss to Celtic all but guaranteed. Think a draw against Rangers is attainable and a win against the dodgiest of Hearts team should be a reasonable expectation!

2. Log in to remove the advert

If we can cut out the loss of points from a winning position then yes 4th is possible. As great as yesterday was, we are still Jeckyl and Hyde.

5th for me would = a good season, given the start we had.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loss to Celtic all but guaranteed. Think a draw against Rangers is attainable and a win against the dodgiest of Hearts team should be a reasonable expectation!
    The home team has a massive bearing on who wins the derby, and they will have the new manager bounce. We'll have to pull out all the stops to get a Tynecastle win, as we always need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I can't believe how bad the second half on Wednesday was compared to the second half yesterday. It was like Brechin against Barcelona, night and day, don't understand how we can be so off the pace one game, then dynamite the next.

Consistency is key
    Mentality.

Pre match press conference that Kamberi did on Friday he spoke about preferring playing in the big games and preferring to play at Easter Road as opposed to playing at places like Ross County, Hamilton and St Mirren.

When you look at the performance levels in the three home games as opposed to the two away games since Ross came in it’s absolutely night and day. Particularly on Wednesday, there was a distinct lack of motivation from the team in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Mentality.

Pre match press conference that Kamberi did on Friday he spoke about preferring playing in the big games and preferring to play at Easter Road as opposed to playing at places like Ross County, Hamilton and St Mirren.

When you look at the performance levels in the three home games as opposed to the two away games since Ross came in it’s absolutely night and day. Particularly on Wednesday, there was a distinct lack of motivation from the team in the second half.
    Spot on. They have to prove it at all grounds though, not just the ones they fancy.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Ask again at New Year. The squad is imbalanced and it’s topsy turvey the now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    The league is poor this year, we are 100% capable of finishing ahead of Motherwell Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

Whether or not that happens is another story of course. I think we'll finish 4th or 5th
    Is it? I thought both Motherwell and Kilmarnock had a bit of decent play in them and if you look at some of the results going around I wouldn't say any team outside of the uglies can go into a game thinking its a 'gimmie' .. who would have foreseen Killie getting pumped 3 - 0 at Livvi yesterday for example and St Mirren are clearly better than their league position suggests.

As for us: If we can strengthen the midfield and defence then we are capable of finishing 4th, which after the start we've had would be a good effort. We have a tough schedule coming up and if it was up to me I would rest a whole bunch of vital players at Celtic park next weekend and chuck everything at the Rangers and Hearts games.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Is it? I thought both Motherwell and Kilmarnock had a bit of decent play in them and if you look at some of the results going around I wouldn't say any team outside of the uglies can go into a game thinking its a 'gimmie' .. who would have foreseen Killie getting pumped 3 - 0 at Livvi yesterday for example and St Mirren are clearly better than their league position suggests.

As for us: If we can strengthen the midfield and defence then we are capable of finishing 4th, which after the start we've had would be a good effort. We have a tough schedule coming up and if it was up to me I would rest a whole bunch of vital players at Celtic park next weekend and chuck everything at the Rangers and Hearts games.
    **** that. We drew against them earlier this season and Lennon hasn't had too much fun against us.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Killie were atrocious for most of the game the other week. The worst I have seen a team play in a half at ER for a long time. They looked completely disinterested.
    I thought before Heck left we would be top 6. We were nowhere near as bad as many were saying. I'm hoping for Europe now as I think we can finish above Killie and Motherwell.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    This current team is way too soft and not good enough to challenge for europe in my opinion. They will always win when not expected and lose similarly.

We need a few better players who are not as soft, and who lead by example.

We all have an idea who these players are that need replaced, as currently we all know we will get let down, and can probably predict which games it will be.

Great performance and result yesterday, but how much better would it have been had we also won midweek?

Saying all this, i'm very hopeful Jack Ross knows our frailties, and will try to address them.

Testimonial Due
    3rd is attainable as 4th this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The team is not consistent enough, the defence has been far too weak for us to achieve anything successful - top 6 is probably as good as it will get going on past form. Maybe Ross will manage to get them properly organised and do so on a regular basis, we'll need to wait and see. The next few weeks will be tough ...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Lot of football to be played yet and 9 points can quickly be chased down
    Next three games are.....Celtic, Rangers and Hearts. If we come out of those games with 3 or 4 points I think that would be a decent return.

We need a similar window and 2nd half to the season as the start of 2018 to have any realistic chance of top 4 for me.

Thankfully we have done relatively well in the January window over the past couple of years so hopefully another and we can get through the rest of this month relatively unscathed. Celtic away is extremely difficult, rangers at home will be difficult but hearts and aberdeen have managed a couple of draws against them and they toiled away to livi in the cup so we are more than capable if we play like we can of winning that. Hearts at tynie is always difficult but they are pish and livi away is winnable.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Killie were atrocious for most of the game the other week. The worst I have seen a team play in a half at ER for a long time. They looked completely disinterested.
    I thought before Heck left we would be top 6. We were nowhere near as bad as many were saying. I'm hoping for Europe now as I think we can finish above Killie and Motherwell.
    Indeed they were, but in the 2nd half they were a handful and played well, though I'm not denying Hibs gave them a hand.

Aberdeen might strengthen in January now they've got a few quid behind them.

There are a lot of teams bunched though and I've not seen much from any team outwith Rangers and Celtic who have looked to have the quality we have.

If we can sort out the weakness that has seen us drop so many points from winning positions then there is no good reason why we shouldn't be aiming for 3rd.

Keeping our best players fit will be key - Allan, Boyle, Kamberi and Porteous and we'll need the likes of Rocky and Kamberi to keep their dummies in for a while.

We have to target 3rd and you do this by beating the teams above you in the league. Those games are 6 pointers.

@hibs.net private member
    WE CAN BEAT Celtic. Turn up and press them from the off and it’s possible.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    Next three games are.....Celtic, Rangers and Hearts. If we come out of those games with 3 or 4 points I think that would be a decent return.
    I'd bite your hand off for 4 points now if 3 of them come at Tynecastle.

3 points would do as well.

I wouldn't be surprised with 1 or 2 points.

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post

GGTTH
    I thought they were terrible today and if for any reason Edouard is missing against us then I think we might give them a tough afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post

GGTTH
    We were always far too passive against them under PH, lets hope JR lets us take the game to them
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

One game at a time.

I'm just glad to have a team that's worth watching again.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'd bite your hand off for 4 points now if 3 of them come at Tynecastle.

3 points would do as well.

I wouldn't be surprised with 1 or 2 points.
    Likewise, though I'd take two defeats to the OF if we won at Tynecastle.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    We were always far too passive against them under PH, lets hope JR lets us take the game to them
    I am sure we will be however we stil have defensive weaknesses. Think we will definitely score.

Considering the start we made to the season I would be happy with a conformtable top 6 finish.

Best expectations I would say is 4th

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I think 2 to 3 good additions would give us a squad which could aim for top 4. Happily some of our summer signings are now coming good.

@hibs.net private member
    BF, we were too passive against most teams under Hecky. However onward and upwards.

P.S. See you Sunday.

GGTTH

I’m just commenting on this coz I’m fed up with all the hearts thread on the board!!!

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I’m just commenting on this coz I’m fed up with all the hearts thread on the board!!!
    Aye, not that many. A few Rangers related ones. A Sportscene one. Stephen Thomson thread. A couple related to Aberdeen (we did just play them). Aye there are some hearts threads but you're being a bit dramatic.

I think Jack Ross is here for the long term. I'd take consolidating top 6 this season after the way it started and push on to be best of the rest as Ron said over the next few seasons