hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shocking first half but very good second half

Porteous was utterly outstanding for 90 minutes
    Hanlon covered for him a few times. Ryan totally missed a ball on the half way and left the defence 3v3. Hanlon stopped it with an excellent standing challenge.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Great display Second half, as was all the team.
    Thouroughly enjoyed the game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hanlon covered for him a few times. Ryan totally missed a ball on the half way and left the defence 3v3. Hanlon stopped it with an excellent standing challenge.
    That is my view too. Ryan covered Hanlon in the 1st half and Paul returned the favour second half.

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Game of 2 halves for Paul Hanlon today. Outstanding 2nd half

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    He is a liability now could have cost us 2 goals first half school boy defending and he is slow now get him one on one and he is done

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    He is a liability now could have cost us 2 goals first half school boy defending and he is slow now get him one on one and he is done

What about his goal saving interventions in the second half..are those liabilities too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post

All our defenders will get done in 1:1 v attackers. We defended exceptionally well as a team yesterday. Aberdeen we’re limited to a couple of chances. Well done defence.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Shocking first half but very good second half

Porteous was utterly outstanding for 90 minutes
    There was one occasion in the second half in which Porteous misjudged the flight of the ball completely much as Hanlon had three times in the first half (I think Aberdeen were trying to use the windy conditions to their advantage with lots of high balls). The result was a dangerous break away by Aberdeen - broken up by a SUPERB tackle in the box from Hanlon.

Other than that though I agree - Porteous was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    All our defenders will get done in 1:1 v attackers. We defended exceptionally well as a team yesterday. Aberdeen we’re limited to a couple of chances. Well done defence.
    Well done entire team surely?

If the defence aren't just to blame when we ship cheap goals then surely they aren't singled out for praise when we keep clean sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Well done entire team surely?

If the defence aren't just to blame when we ship cheap goals then surely they aren't singled out for praise when we keep clean sheets.
    100%. We defended well as a team. Hallberg was noticeably deeper today. But all over the pitch we defended well.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    He made a couple of errors in the first half. He was outstanding in the 2nd half.

Was terrible first half but great 2nd

Hanlon had one or two "shaky" moments first half, but overall I though his performance was fine. He will know himself that he is having a tough patch, I admire the fact he stuck in and put in a very good 2nd half performance - this game will probably do his confidence a world of good, as with the rest of the team ...

How anyone could watch yesterday's game and say it was one of his best is baffling. His first half performance was one of the worst I've seen from a Hibs centre half. He was weak, constantly out muscled and bullied, misjudged numerous balls and made a few amateur mistakes. If that was a new signing he'd have been taken off at half-time and would probably never have played for us again.

Having said that he was immense the last 20 minutes or so, so credit where credit is due. His overall form for a few weeks now has been shaky to say the least though and he is one of the reasons we keep so few clean sheets. I'd not be surprised to see us signing a centre half in January.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I thought we were poor in the first half, Hanlon as poor as anyone. But the 2nd half we defended well and hit them with pace and precision to score some fantastic goals.

Yesterday was typical Hibs, and showed everyone how we can play but we just dont play like that every week.

And to do that, we will need to replace some of these players, because they are not capable of producing yesterdays performance regularly enough to get us challenging at the top end of this league.

Saying that, the 2nd half performance was superb, and Scott Allan is a fantastic player we are fortunate to see every week.

Left by mutual consent!
    Horrendous in the first half , the type of mistakes you'd likely to see from a pub team player. However , the mistakes weren't there after the break and he had a improved second period..

If Hibs are to get better and push on then he will have to replaced soon enough.. He isn't gonna get any better I'm afraid..

He didn’t have a good first half. But as usual some of the rubbish spouted on here is unbelievable. Pub team player? Worst Centre Half at Hibs? Scotland’s no1 CH got turned inside out by hibs on multiple occasions in the first and second half. So will Aberdeen fans be sitting saying We need to get rid if we are going to get better.

The criticism is always miles over the top.

He didn’t have a good first half. But as usual some of the rubbish spouted on here is unbelievable. Pub team player? Worst Centre Half at Hibs? Scotland’s no1 CH got turned inside out by hibs on multiple occasions in the first and second half. So will Aberdeen fans be sitting saying We need to get rid if we are going to get better.

The criticism is always miles over the top.
    Mckenna is vastly overrated tbf.

@hibs.net private member
    Apologies but Hanlon was absolutely terrible yesterday, and while his second half was better, it still was dire!! Too many mistakes, misjudgments and bad decisions made by Paul... like Mallan before him, he needs a wee spell on the bench to reignite the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Apologies but Hanlon was absolutely terrible yesterday, and while his second half was better, it still was dire!! Too many mistakes, misjudgments and bad decisions made by Paul... like Mallan before him, he needs a wee spell on the bench to reignite the fire.
    You thought his second half was dire? Are you new to football?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Definitely wasn't dire 2nd half, absolute crap.

Still needs replaced ASAP. Not consistent enough for our top 4 targets

Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Still needs replaced ASAP. Not consistent enough for our top 4 targets
    Hence the thread title, more of the same. That's what we need from him and what's been missing for probably 2 year.

injuries have stopped PH from progressing still quality think efe would be a massive signing helping PH and RP

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    You thought his second half was dire? Are you new to football?
    Ha! Yeah, just started following the game this week!! 🙄🤣

But seriously he made a few errors in the second half that if any of our other players had not got the run of the green could’ve put us in bother. My point is he didn’t redeem himself enough in the second half to merit leniency imho.

@hibs.net private member
    Paul got bullied by Cosgrove in first half and was to busy complaining to ref when fouled instead of getting wired in.

Hopefully Ross gave him a rocket at half time and there was a marked difference in second half. Felled Cosgrove almost immediately which laid a marker for that half. Was solid second half bar dilly dallying on bye line when dispossessed.

Needs to take confidence from second half and cut out silly mistakes to stay in the team. Hopefully kicks on from yesterday’s second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Jackson looked really good when he came on. Rate him

Read that post in utter disbelief. He was appalling for half the game. He always has at least one or two rocky moments in a game and I am sick of it. It didn't cost us on sat, thankfully but he has on so many occasions this season. New CH required