hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Paul Hanlon, more of the same please.

That was his best game in a couple of seasons for me, 2nd half when the game really developed. Read the game well, covered others well, didn't let Cosgrove batter him and threw himself about when required.

Keep it up, keep the armband.

Edited, I put that first half to back of mind.
    Last edited by KWJ; 07-12-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Maybe in the 2nd half. His first half performance was one of the worst ever

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe in the 2nd half. His first half performance was one of the worst ever
    He made a couple of errors in the first half. He was outstanding in the 2nd half.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Hanlon is going to have to turn into Paulo Maldini to bring some people onside.

I thought him and Stevenson did very well today - jeez, they were playing against Cosgrove who is on fire and a ref who let Cosgrove et al do what they wanted for the first half.

He has been struggling recently, today - made a couple of mistakes - yep. Great block to keep a clean sheet - yep.

At least give him credit for having a good game overall..........

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

I thought him and Stevenson did very well today - jeez, they were playing against Cosgrove who is on fire and a ref who let Cosgrove et al do what they wanted for the first half.

He has been struggling recently, today - made a couple of mistakes - yep. Great block to keep a clean sheet - yep.

He didnt have a good game overall though, he had a better second half but in all honesty it wasnt hard as he was not good in the 1st half

@hibs.net private member
    Very poor first half but was excellent in the second half as was Lewis. Write both of them off if you want we would struggle to sign better. Well done to Ross too as I thought Aberdeen would batter us given how many forward thinking players we had but it worked well. He also got the subs right and got Jackson in at a good time. We may have been in 5th if he had done that against Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

Overall he never though!! If they had scored as a result of his mistakes people wouldn’t be so positive. Brilliant tackle in the box second half was different class but he didn’t have a good game imo and in a Hanlon fan btw but all players can be criticised

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He made a couple of errors in the first half. He was outstanding in the 2nd half.
    Pretty much how I saw his performance

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post

Was terrible first half but great 2nd

Hanlon had one or two "shaky" moments first half, but overall I though his performance was fine. He will know himself that he is having a tough patch, I admire the fact he stuck in and put in a very good 2nd half performance - this game will probably do his confidence a world of good, as with the rest of the team ...

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    That was his best game in a couple of seasons for me. Read the game well, covered others well, didn't let Cosgrove batter him and threw himself about when required.

Keep it up, keep the armband.
    I'm a big fan of his but I thought he was caught out twice or thrice in the first half, misjudging headers and Aberdeen getting in behind us as a result.

Tremendous tackle/ block near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I'm a big fan of his but I thought he was caught out twice or thrice in the first half, misjudging headers and Aberdeen getting in behind us as a result.

Tremendous tackle/ block near the end.
    The wind was playing up and causing the players to mistime their headers, quite a few were caught out by it.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    First half he was honking, second half big improvement

I'm glad he kept the head and got stuck in, but that was very far from his best game.

He absolutely sold himself on at least 3 occasions and was very lucky that Porteous was there to bail him out.

Still rate him highly and he definitely did better later on in the game.

What game were you watching man 😂, I think he’s been great for Hibs and wouldn’t criticise him lightly but today he was our worst player he was poor. Granted done better second half but to even find a thread saying the opposite is leaving me and the other guys at the table baffled.

First half was weird. He was generally OK but had 3 total howlers, 2 of which led to good chances for Aberdeen.

2nd half he was superb, his challenge near the end was top drawer and he hardly gave Cosgrove a sniff.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Yep bizarre. So many bad mistakes I lost count. But shrugged them off to make that block in the 2nd half along with some more fine defending. Massive improvement needed.

Shaky first half to say the least. Those bounce overs were worrying and he was baled out by his team mates. Much better second half, though to be fair we dominated and Aberdeen didn’t create that much. Compared to recent performances though, it was a 7 instead of a 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    First half was weird. He was generally OK but had 3 total howlers, 2 of which led to good chances for Aberdeen.

2nd half he was superb, his challenge near the end was top drawer and he hardly gave Cosgrove a sniff.
    I was late getting in, not sure how he started but Hanlon was all over the place towards the end of the half. He has a really bad habit of his mistakes leading to goals or at least chances and today he was lucky not to be punished.

A lesser player might have gone on to have a howler but top marks to Hanlon for turning his performance around. It was no showboating at 3-0 up performance either - it was significant stuff at 0-0, 1-0 and 2-0 when the game was still very much in the balance. His performance during the second half did as much to win us the game as the forward players who will deservedly have praise showered on them.

Caught under the ball and lost the flight of it 3 or 4 times in the first half although it was windy.

2nd half he was better.

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Amazing block in the second half to stop Cosgrove but honestly thought he was dreadful - again! 4 shocking errors in the game, you can't be giving that away every week or we will get punished. Left sided centre half required in January

Brilliant tackle on Cosgrove. All came about after Cosgrove dispossessed him in the corner in the first place though. Two or three times he totally misjudged things.

He made countless interceptions in the 2nd half and was just generally a hoover to the ball. It was refreshing to see as it's been a long time coming.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Some of his decision making in the first half was horrendous. Almost cost us dear , with porteous bailing him out at least once or twice. Much better 2nd half , looked like he had had some weetabix at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Some of his decision making in the first half was horrendous. Almost cost us dear , with porteous bailing him out at least once or twice. Much better 2nd half , looked like he had had some weetabix at half time.
    Maybe wet 'is beak?

Rotten first half. Very good second half. Not good enough if we want improve.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Dreadful first half, outstanding second. The tackle in the box towards the end was different class.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Dreadful first half, outstanding second. The tackle in the box towards the end was different class.

He played like a drunk first 45, but sobered up at half time.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Needs replacing, too many errors every week now. Cost us their winner on Wednesday and not for the first time this season. Lucky to get away with his howlers today due to poor finishing by Aberdeen. One half decent 45 minutes this season just isn't good enough imo.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Very weird game for him, terrible first half, outstanding second half culminating in a goal saving tackle to keep our clean sheet.

Worked in the end I suppose haha