hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    There is nothing to suggest they will get anything from Celtic or Hamilton. Lose that and things will really get ugly with fans properly turning on the team. And then we visit

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing to suggest they will get anything from Celtic or Hamilton. Lose that and things will really get ugly with fans properly turning on the team. And then we visit
    I really hope we're there to hsmmer another nail into their coffin rather than give them the opportunity to move away from the bottom.

It would be a real sickener to see them only winning 3 games and 2 of them were against us.

Surely we have to beat them.

Following their fabulous performance, and result, at the PBS yesterday, I wonder what odds the bookmakers are now giving on Hearts getting relegated this season?

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Following their fabulous performance, and result, at the PBS yesterday, I wonder what odds the bookmakers are now giving on Hearts getting relegated this season?
    McBookie were giving odds of 6/1

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIbs2 View Post
    And knowing Hibs the way we all do, hand them their first win 😂

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I really hope we're there to hsmmer another nail into their coffin rather than give them the opportunity to move away from the bottom.

It would be a real sickener to see them only winning 3 games and 2 of them were against us.

We can’t lose that one. A draw wouldn’t be the end of the world, there’s no easy away games in this league but I’d agree we should be winning it. A defeat would be a very bad result though.

They're definitely at risk now.

The fact they've got so many games in such a short time will make it difficult for the new manager to really implement any sort of system as it'll just be game, recovery, game, recovery.

Hopefully by the end of the next run of games they've lost faith in the new guy and don't get a bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

The fact they've got so many games in such a short time will make it difficult for the new manager to really implement any sort of system as it'll just be game, recovery, game, recovery.

Hopefully by the end of the next run of games they've lost faith in the new guy and don't get a bounce.
    How many teams lose their first game under a new manager. Can't be many

You can still get them at 16/1 to finish bottom

Won't be long before the fans turn on Stendel. A defeat to Celtic midweek is almost a certainty then away to Hamilton at the weekend. They could be cut adrift at the bottom by 5pm on Saturday

They're 9/1 to finish in the bottom two with Sky Bet. Five teams are more fancied to finish in those positions at the moment but they are odds on to finish in the bottom six.

Left by mutual consent!
    They're 9/1 to finish in the bottom two with Sky Bet. Five teams are more fancied to finish in those positions at the moment but they are odds on to finish in the bottom six.
    I dont think the bookies are factoring in the chaos at Hearts just now. If they lose have to change managers again, they are for the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

It's who they play as well in those four games crammed into two weeks.

Celtc at home, away to Hamilton on that pitch, a home derby against in-form Hibs and home to Aberdeen.

That's a nasty run of games to survive before Stendal gets the winter break to work with their players.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

They don't even have the best Naismith in Edinburgh anymore

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It's who they play as well in those four games crammed into two weeks.

Celtc at home, away to Hamilton on that pitch, a home derby against in-form Hibs and home to Aberdeen.

That's a nasty run of games to survive before Stendal gets the winter break to work with their players.
    Or he might just go down the boozer with the Duncans?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    One at the very start of 1997 comes to mind.....

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    One at the very start of 1997 comes to mind.....
    Haha. Let's hope Hearts don't go on to win the league

No matter how bad they are, they always seem to manage to beat us when its needed, as have most teams in the most recent past, let's hope we hump them good and proper, as I think, if they get a result against us, it will set them up for the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Or he might just go down the boozer with the Duncans?

That would be good.

It'll keep their fans from blaming him whilst he continues to bamboozle the players with a system that they can't play.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    That would be good.

It'll keep their fans from blaming him whilst he continues to bamboozle the players with a system that they can't play.
    The fact that he was welcomed down the pub by Barnsley fans after they canned him seems to have impressed the maroon balloons.It may even have been a significant factor in him becoming the messiah and for their utter confidence in him as soon as he was appointed-despite all the evidence to the contrary.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Head on the block here, but I think their recently appointed German fuhrer can’t be so bad that they won’t float slowly away from the dregs of the league.

Happens all the time. Lennon and Mowbray both lost first competitive games here.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Head on the block here, but I think their recently appointed German fuhrer can’t be so bad that they won’t float slowly away from the dregs of the league.

Fair point.

The bonkers bit for me is that, having given Levein huge control over her ‘project’ since her takeover (eventually including the manager role as well as DoF and a seat on the board), Budge has now taken a very different direction. She said specifically that Stendel was chosen for his style of football, which is almost diametrically opposed to Levein’s.

This will take a lot of work to implement - but she hasn’t employed Stendel’s choice of assistants. Instead he needs to rely on the old guard, some of whom might be feeling a bit resentful and have divided loyalties.

Who is Stendel reporting to? It can’t be Levein surely, so it must be Budge... and the more I hear from her the less I think she understands what is going on.

Of course, Stendel might turn things around through sheer force of personality, but the set up is an absolute mess.

I think the thread title should now be. Can they stay up

If Stendel doesn't have a plan B then I think they'll go down.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

It's entirely possible that Hearts' first win under Stendel could be the Edinburgh derby. It's happened countless times before (including this ****ing season) regardless of the respective form and quality of the teams.

Anyone thinking the game is already won on the 26th is kidding themselves. We will HAVE to be at the top of our game.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    It's entirely possible that Hearts' first win under Stendel could be the Edinburgh derby. It's happened countless times before (including this ****ing season) regardless of the respective form and quality of the teams.

Anyone thinking the game is already won on the 26th is kidding themselves. We will HAVE to be at the top of our game.
    Big time

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Big time
    If they leave the same spaces in behind that they did on Saturday, Boyle & Flo will have a field day.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

I'm sure Jack Ross will have a point to prove, and hopefully they will be a divided and demoralised camp when we arrive.

As always, it's about who wants it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    I'm sure Jack Ross will have a point to prove, and hopefully they will be a divided and demoralised camp when we arrive.

As always, it's about who wants it more.
    He knows Stendel better than anyone else in the league and won the head to head last season so here's hoping it's the same again