hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    They've picked up only 4 points from 5 matches with MacPhee in charge. Stendel has 5 matches before the winter break. To begin to turn them around will be a very tough task and only the first of the 5, home to St Johnstone, can be considered easy. They should expect to get 3 points but if they don't then the pressure will be on Stendel straight away. Equally, with 4 of the 5 being at home, if they don't get a decent points tally from these matches then the pressure will be on.

Plus the better we do, the more pressure there is on them. The reference to us in the Stendel announcement statement has confirmed their desperation.

Their next 5:
    St Johnstone (h)
    Celtic (h)
    Hamilton (a)
    Hibs (h)
    Aberdeen (h)
    Last edited by 007; 08-12-2019 at 05:59 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Four home games coming up for them... What state is the pitch going to be in for the Derby. I see that being a real leveller for them over this run and might just help them get out of trouble.

They will get min 7 out of the next 5 games, no idea where that will leave them

If St Johnstone beat them they’re in massive trouble.

They won't go down, I can't see things heading that far south with Stendel at the helm as they would likely have done if Levein had remained in the post.

Shame mind.

Left by mutual consent!
    The last time we started to get excited about a Hearts relegation, we got relegated too. When are we going to learn to hold off on the premature celebration?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wont, one goal either way, as it has been for the last 20 years.
    Its not been 1 goal either way for the last 20 years though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    The last time we started to get excited about a Hearts relegation, we got relegated too. When are we going to learn to hold off on the premature celebration?
    Which started the best 4 years of my Hibs supporting life in hindsight.

I've enjoyed McLeish Hibs and mowbrays Hibs. The league cup in 2007 was immense but the 4 years from Stubbs arrival to the first season back under Lennon were brilliant. The Scottish cup was the icing on the cake.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Herr Stendal has got a dream start with St johnstone.
    That for me is a must win match loose that and the are very much in the *****.
    The have a fair few home matches coming up which normally is great but not if they are getting booed off the pitch and coming on at half times .
    Even the stalwarts are leaving games at half time .
    I cannot see them getting relegated if need be they will spend big in January

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I thought for a long time that they, like us up until a few weeks ago, were in a false position, however the more I see of them, the more evident it is that they are genuinely one of the worst sides in the league. Statistically, they are relegation fodder if you take their form over the last year and a bit. This season, they're not keeping clean sheets, and they're not banging in goals.

Their keepers are woeful, Berra is done in, Hicky was a shining light over-hyped to a ridiculous degree by a club with a real history of over-hyping young players who go on to do next to nothing, their midfield is dreadful, and in Sean Claire and Uche they have two of the worst players ever to have graced this league, and I say that acknowledging the big huddy has scored against us - crap players sometimes score goals, it happens.

They may well want to strengthen in January, but how well they can do that will depend on budget, Levein filled their squad with expensive huddies, and Hearts have pushed the boat out to land Stendell after finding themselves in the ridiculous position of either going balls out to get him or facing a massive backlash from an already irate support (I'm told that the FoH donations, which are still at very impressive levels, have dropped, not substantially but enough to send a message that the support are not content).

Are they worse than Hamilton, St Mirren, and St Johnstone? There's not much in it - if Hearts are still where they are now going into the split then I would think the other teams will fancy their chances. Hearts are in a worse state than we were when we went down under Butcher.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I thought for a long time that they, like us up until a few weeks ago, were in a false position, however the more I see of them, the more evident it is that they are genuinely one of the worst sides in the league. Statistically, they are relegation fodder if you take their form over the last year and a bit. This season, they're not keeping clean sheets, and they're not banging in goals.

Their keepers are woeful, Berra is done in, Hicky was a shining light over-hyped to a ridiculous degree by a club with a real history of over-hyping young players who go on to do next to nothing, their midfield is dreadful, and in Sean Claire and Uche they have two of the worst players ever to have graced this league, and I say that acknowledging the big huddy has scored against us - crap players sometimes score goals, it happens.

They may well want to strengthen in January, but how well they can do that will depend on budget, Levein filled their squad with expensive huddies, and Hearts have pushed the boat out to land Stendell after finding themselves in the ridiculous position of either going balls out to get him or facing a massive backlash from an already irate support (I'm told that the FoH donations, which are still at very impressive levels, have dropped, not substantially but enough to send a message that the support are not content).

Are they worse than Hamilton, St Mirren, and St Johnstone? There's not much in it - if Hearts are still where they are now going into the split then I would think the other teams will fancy their chances. Hearts are in a worse state than we were when we went down under Butcher.
    Just to add to that Matty, we also had the knowledge the season we went down that hearts were all but down from day 1 and acted as a cushion. There is no such cushion this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    I know this won’t be popular buti don’t want to see them get relegated for a multitude of reasons.
    Those are the games we all look forwards to, without them the league season would be very dull.
    However I would like to see them drop into the play offfs just for ****s and giggles.
    totally agree

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Hearts will not be relegated.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    might put a few quid on them staying up, if I can find a quote..

win/win situation
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Funny I remember people on here saying exactly the same about Hibs before we were. Why will they definitely not be relegated?

They are bottom of the league, with a manager coming in who doesn't know our game at all. Its probably unlikely but I couldn't say 100% they wont go down.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Funny I remember people on here saying exactly the same about Hibs before we were. Why will they definitely not be relegated?

They are bottom of the league, with a manager coming in who doesn't know our game at all. Its probably unlikely but I couldn't say 100% they wont go down.

I think you can guarantee he will have spoken to PH about our game. Lets hope he has anyway
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I used to think they had a stronger squad than ours.

After all the money they were spending on big wages and decent (on paper) players but players like Damour, Clare, Wighton etc have been a total disaster.

The old guard, Naismith, Berra, Walker are either injury prone or just never look match fit.

Even players like Mulroney and Halkett who in my opinion are talented look so so average.

They have zero pace, no legs, no creativity, a goalkeeping nightmare and not a striker worthy of the name.

They need at least 5-6 decent and fit players to slot in immediately in Jan window which = £££. Before that they need to offload players who are on long term contracts and good money (won’t happen) and they need to get very lucky in a transfer window that is very difficult to get decent players in.

They have a new manager who lets face can’t do any worse than Levein/McPhee however he has no experience in Scottish game and doesn’t appear to be overly excited to be here. Barnsley referencing today in statement to “wider issues” which suggests this boy may be popular but controversial. He won’t be cheap and doesn’t yet have his two trusted assistants. He may have to fit within Dr footballs structure as well.

It’s not impossible. I think it’s unlikely but far from impossible. Popcorn at the ready.
    Last edited by Col2; 09-12-2019 at 04:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I don't think they will be relegated, but, should it happen, that's the day I join Kickback with my big wooden spoon . I reckon I can reach at least five posts before they launch me.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Not so sure. My daughter's partner who is a season ticket holder and over 30 says they are the worst Hearts team he has ever seen.

They aren't bottom of the league though. If the league finished today, they wouldn't go down, or even be in the play off places.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Go on, start a thread with that one, be a devil.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    They aren't bottom of the league though. If the league finished today, they wouldn't go down, or even be in the play off places.
    Plenty of time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Sorry, my mistake. They are JOINT bottom. Sorry to upset you.

No need for any undercover Jambos any more, there are plenty Hibs fans who seem to want to stick up for them. Quite strange really.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    No need for any undercover Jambos any more, there are plenty Hibs fans who seem to want to stick up for them. Quite strange really.
    It’s not really sticking up for them though. The poster saying they aren’t bottom of the league is stating a fact, they have a better goal difference than the two teams below them meaning they’re 3rd bottom, that’s how the league table works.

I don’t think they’ll get relegated, doesn’t necessarily mean I’m sticking up for them it’s just an opinion on the OP’s question

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    It’s not really sticking up for them though. The poster saying they aren’t bottom of the league is stating a fact, they have a better goal difference than the two teams below them meaning they’re 3rd bottom, that’s how the league table works.

I don’t think they’ll get relegated, doesn’t necessarily mean I’m sticking up for them it’s just an opinion on the OP’s question
    Not just that post mate. Just something I have noticed on a few threads lately.

And yeah, they were only joint bottom. Pretty pedantic point to make imo, but each to their own.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    If Stendel can get a song out of their mob and avoid a relegation battle he will have earned his crazy wage packet. They are, on the most part, shockingly crap.

Because they are lucky *******s mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Because they are lucky *******s mostly.
    Aye that's true. I do think its very doubtful as well.

When Butcher took over Hibs we were nowhere near relegation. Sure we were 5th or 6th. We then appointed a guy serially sacked but with a promotion under his belt (sound familiar?) and nose dived. The difference is this Hearts team are far worse than Fenlons Hibs. If Stendel continues the relegation form he had with Barnsley they are in serious trouble