hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To players

To players

C'mon !!! Give us a win.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    C’mon be as up for it as them.

I'd be showing them constant repeats of Sauzee losing teeth to score against that mob, leaving it all on the pitch with added motivation this time of being able to maroon these ****s at the bottom.
    Last edited by CloudSquall; 25-12-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Leave Mallan and Hanlon on the bench and we might just have a bit of a chance..............

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leave Mallan and Hanlon on the bench and we might just have a bit of a chance..............
    Hanlon is great in derbies

Left by mutual consent!
    Concentrate, mark players, follow runners and we win.

Show composure in the small free seconds you have the ball between the mayhem.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    I'd be showing them constant repeats of Sauzee losing teeth to score against that mob, leaving it all on the pitch with added motivation this team of being able to maroon these ****s at the bottom.

Very good.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

Indeed he is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

Yeh just like the derby this time last season wouldn't you agree ??.

Piss poor defending and allowing Olly lee to turn and get a shot off to win them the game........

Left by mutual consent!
    Merry Christmas to all our players !

You know what we want for our Chrimbo-pressie !

Piss poor defending and allowing Olly lee to turn and get a shot off to win them the game........
    Fantastic, about 10 years worth of derbies and you quote one which he had a small part to play in a goal, as opposed to his countless top performances against that lot.

Oh **** off. Guy scored a screamer from 25 yards. I hope we're forcing them to shoot from there tomorrow as well.

Imagine thinking someone getting a shot off from 25 yards is piss poor defending. David Gray was MUCH worse for their equaliser post split but no one says anything about that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Fantastic, about 10 years worth of derbies and you quote one which he had a small part to play in a goal, as opposed to his countless top performances against that lot.

What was the final outcome of the match ??

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Oh **** off. Guy scored a screamer from 25 yards. I hope we're forcing them to shoot from there tomorrow as well.

Imagine thinking someone getting a shot off from 25 yards is piss poor defending. David Gray was MUCH worse for their equaliser post split but no one says anything about that.
    The piss poor part was Hanlon not being strong enough to stop Lee turning and getting the shot.. The story of his career being perfectly honest.. Weak in the tackle and weak as a captain..

If you want to show the Hibs support how highly you think of them, just win tomorrow.

Can we no just slag Hanlon off on the thread about Hanlon?

Come on Hibs. **** the Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

Giving Hanlon grief for this just emphasises how good a player he’s been over the years against Hearts.

He’s been a regular in our defence for a decade, plenty of opportunities to sell the jerseys. The best his critics can come up with is that he once didn’t quite get close enough to his man 25 yards out before he scored an absolute screamer.

The best defenders in the world will have one of them against their name every so often.

I’m all for constructive criticism of Hibs players - in the case of Paul Hanlon, see the first half against Aberdeen recently.

That goal against Hearts 5 games or so ago, and in general against Hearts - just nah. Good player who has the composure to play the game and not the occasion. He might be the first name on my team sheet against Hearts.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Giving Hanlon grief for this just emphasises how good a player he’s been over the years against Hearts.

He’s been a regular in our defence for a decade, plenty of opportunities to sell the jerseys. The best his critics can come up with is that he once didn’t quite get close enough to his man 25 yards out before he scored an absolute screamer.

The best defenders in the world will have one of them against their name every so often.

I’m all for constructive criticism of Hibs players - in the case of Paul Hanlon, see the first half against Aberdeen recently.

That goal against Hearts 5 games or so ago, and in general against Hearts - just nah. Good player who has the composure to play the game and not the occasion. He might be the first name on my team sheet against Hearts.
    Amen. No comebacks from that - just like when he tied the game at Tynie for that “money-spinner” I’m truly not sure what planet some folks exist on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Paul Hanlon has been excellent for us and I have gave him praise every season and some criticism but its been very little. However PH along with quite a few others will have to take it on chin they have been found wanting on several occasions and the defending as a whole has been very poor most of season. If we tidy ourselves up in midfield and keep the pressure off we will be going upwards.

The piss poor part was Hanlon not being strong enough to stop Lee turning and getting the shot.. The story of his career being perfectly honest.. Weak in the tackle and weak as a captain..
    Na, the story of his career is Hibs legend and Scottish cup winner. That's a fact.

Hanlon is more than strong enough because he's been dealing with pish abuse like this for years and always comes back better.

Mallan looked so soft against Rangers 🤦🏻*♂️ I usually rate him but he needs a huddy next to him to let him roam free

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Great post.

That’s utter pish and shows you’ve never played the game or understand it. He gets tight, doesn’t foul, turns him from his strong foot out onto his weak foot 25+ yards from goal. That’s what any defender will try and do. The fact Lee has hit a raker into the top corner with his weak foot is something nothing can be done about. To say that’s the story of his career is amusing and shows a massive dislike for the man, he’s a Scottish cup winner, one who is barely out injured and never shirks his responsibility, a mainstay through numerous managers. There was even a thread about him not being able to deal with Ikpeazu, when in actual fact he deals with him outstandingly well compared to our other defenders who have too big an ego about their strength that they try and wrestle with him, whereas Paul uses his brain and uses his football skills to beat him.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Hanlon first name on the team sheet for me closely followed by Darren MacGregor

Might also be time to bring Jackson back

They don’t like it up em!

Although we have good individual players, we’re still lacking a bit as a team.

Although Hearts are bottom, they will drastically up their game against us and it will be a tough match especially at Tynecastle.

That being said, go out with the thought that yous are going to be in a really tough physical game and will need to work for the win, but the confidence that yous will batter them.

I want a win, but I really want us to batter them and get a score that reflects that for the first time in a while. Often we’ve played better and lost of drew the game.

Not today, once we get one don’t stop and keep going for them and try embarrass that horrible club and fans.

We’re long overdue pumping them, let’s do it today.

Their manager hasn’t bother being there this week, a loss today could be the end of his reign as manager already.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Although we have good individual players, we’re still lacking a bit as a team.

Although Hearts are bottom, they will drastically up their game against us and it will be a tough match especially at Tynecastle.

That being said, go out with the thought that yous are going to be in a really tough physical game and will need to work for the win, but the confidence that yous will batter them.

I want a win, but I really want us to batter them and get a score that reflects that for the first time in a while. Often we’ve played better and lost of drew the game.

Not today, once we get one don’t stop and keep going for them and try embarrass that horrible club and fans.

We’re long overdue pumping them, let’s do it today.

Their manager hasn’t bother being there this week, a loss today could be the end of his reign as manager already.
    I think this has to be our only strategy for the 90 minutes, anything else and we just invite them on.

Would be great if this leads to a big win, but Ive got that feeling Hearts will score 2 or 3 today. Can we score 3 or 4?

What was the final outcome of the match ??
    What about the other Hibs players that day? Who's to blame for us not scoring?

Also, can we also give Hanlon credit for preventing any further goals in the game?
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 26-12-2019 at 08:26 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Well played Paul Hanlon (and the rest of the team), another great derby display!!

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    Merry Christmas - ***** the Hearts!