hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Breakthrough Seekyit's Avatar
    On the subject of pre season friendlies, i have this memory of Hibs playing Swansea City in 1980. The score was 1-1 and I'm sure Arthur Duncan equalised with about 3 minutes to go. Swansea played in a blue (adidas I'm sure) away strip, the main terracing wasn't open, I was in the cow shed.

Alan Wells, recently gold medal winner at the Moscow olympics, came out at half time.

I can't find any record of this anywhere. Does anybody remember this or I am imagining things or getting mixed up with another team/game?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Seekyit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the subject of pre season friendlies, i have this memory of Hibs playing Swansea City in 1980. The score was 1-1 and I'm sure Arthur Duncan equalised with about 3 minutes to go. Swansea played in a blue (adidas I'm sure) away strip, the main terracing wasn't open, I was in the cow shed.

Alan Wells, recently gold medal winner at the Moscow olympics, came out at half time.

I can't find any record of this anywhere. Does anybody remember this or I am imagining things or getting mixed up with another team/game?
    August 5th 1980 1-1 Arthur Duncan and Leighton James scored.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Game with goalie with glasses was definitely 5 v 0 so if Harper got them all must have been mid 70s . In those days SC final was first Saturday of May and league or League Cup groups started in early August so players and fans got a good long close season . Some folk here whine about close season being too long now when cup final is at the end of May and league / LC groups start in July / early August but think it was better before .
    Nijmegen was 74 pre season. August. World Cup year too obviously. I was in hospital after having a difficult appendix removal and my old man brought the programme in for me next morning which one of my mates had handed in to the house. The result and the news that our striker had got all 5 fair cheered me up.