hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Give Bogdan a try

Over to JR

😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just seen Maxwells howler will be surprised if he is in the team for Saturday

Next!

Left by mutual consent! Lex7zero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just seen Maxwells howler will be surprised if he is in the team for Saturday

Next!
    Maxwell is a joke. Bogdan or Rocky any day of the week.

I agree Rocky is our best keeper just now, but I think he was talking about moving on too much for Hibs liking and was punished for it.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Lex7zero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man Down Under View Post
    I agree Rocky is our best keeper just now, but I think he was talking about moving on too much for Hibs liking and was punished for it.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk
    Yup I think Rocky has talked his way out of a game. Give me Bogdan though as Maxwell has cost us a few points.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Very strange post he deserved to be dropped. Goram , Rough, Leighton, Colgan and Anderson may argue with you.
    Not a strange post at all tbf. Bang on the money I’d say. Rocky is a great shot stopper. He saves spectacularly but let’s the side down with the basics like catching a ball from a corner, his kicking and his decision making are very poor to say the least. Rocky doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those keepers you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex7zero View Post
    Maxwell is a joke. Bogdan or Rocky any day of the week.
    He’s hardly a joke he made a mistake last night and one against Celtic and I suspect he will be lucky to start on Saturday but calling him a joke is just poor. It’s some Hibs fans all over soon as someone makes a mistake or we lose a game we slaughter our own players.

I’ve seen many more joke keepers than him in my years of watching Hibs. He deserves criticism for last night not denying that but let’s not go OTT.

Maxwell should have been dropped weeks ago and it’s no surprise at all that he cost us last night.

His stats are appalling and he’s made more obvious blunders in recent weeks for the “he’s done nothing wrong” brigade.

Rocky was poor early in the season but he was playing when the team were an utter shambles.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    I can't agree Maxwell hasn't done much wrong, I can name about 2 good saves from his run in the team and a good few goals he should've done better at. I'm surprised he doesn't get more peters on here for the goals conceded. He's certainly not a gk who will win you points in the mould of rocky or Bogdan.

Still yet to see him make a save.

Also who was tracking the boy for countys first? Thats the reason he had to come for it which I think he realised too late as the boy would have had a free header due to non existent marking.

If Bogdan doesn't start on Saturday I'm calling the police

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Heard a few people say that Marciano allegedly has some sort of clause in his contract where we have to pay Ashdod a fee once he reaches a certain amount of appearances for us, would say this is unlikely as he probably wouldn't be on the bench if this was the case but who knows.

Whilst Maxwell hasn't been horrendous he hasn't been brilliant either, looked shaky the past few weeks and made a bad error for county's equaliser last night, completely misjudged the ball into the box and left looking like a right c***.

Maxwell's only a loan and rocky will likely be away come January so I reckon this would be a good time to bring Bogdan back in to give him a run of games.

I remember Shankly saying something like Clemence was like having 12 points in the bag because of how good he was.
    Last edited by J-C; 05-12-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post
    Heard a few people say that Marciano allegedly has some sort of clause in his contract where we have to pay Ashdod a fee once he reaches a certain amount of appearances for us, would say this is unlikely as he probably wouldn't be on the bench if this was the case but who knows.

Whilst Maxwell hasn't been horrendous he hasn't been brilliant either, looked shaky the past few weeks and made a bad error for county's equaliser last night, completely misjudged the ball into the box and left looking like a right c***.

Maxwell's only a loan and rocky will likely be away come January so I reckon this would be a good time to bring Bogdan back in to give him a run of games.
    Bogdan's only signed until January too.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I remember Shankly saying something like Clemence was like having 12 points in the bag because of how good he was.
    You could say the same about Leighton Goram and Roughie

I reckon I have just been spoilt 😁

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Has Maxwell made a save? Has he managed a clean sheet? His distribution is better than Rocky, that doesn’t say much. Maxwell is probably better at taking in crosses but thats about it. As a shot stopper I’d take Rocky, but as an all round keeper I’d take Bogdan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Bogdan's only signed until January too.
    Thought it was till end of season, my mistake.

Would be surprised if we don't extend it as like i said rocky looks like he could leave and maxwell's not good enough

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    Has Maxwell made a save? Has he managed a clean sheet? His distribution is better than Rocky, that doesn’t say much. Maxwell is probably better at taking in crosses but thats about it. As a shot stopper I’d take Rocky, but as an all round keeper I’d take Bogdan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Agree 100%, saved me a fair bit of typing

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Bogdan and Marciano saved us numerous points last season with outstanding saves. Give me that over a goalie who saves nothing but can kick the ball a wee bit more accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Bogdan and Marciano saved us numerous points last season with outstanding saves. Give me that over a goalie who saves nothing but can kick the ball a wee bit more accurately.
    This. Goalkeepers main job is to make saves, claim crosses, organise defence then focus on distribution. Maybe I'm just old fashioned?

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875M View Post
    This. Goalkeepers main job is to make saves, claim crosses, organise defence then focus on distribution. Maybe I'm just old fashioned?
    Exactly!

I'm on record as saying rocky is out best keeper and it's not close. Bogdan resigning changed that a bit but I'd still play rocky ATM.

Maxwell sums us up. Not awful but just not good enough for the next step.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The fact his ‘pros’ in his early days was kicking to Doidge’s head, and ‘commanding his box’ says it all. He’s so slow to distribute the ball, he’s started making basic errors from crosses, he doesn’t make saves... average on his good days, a liability on his bad days, and he’s having more and more of those.

The gloves are up for grabs

Let’s see what happens

Rocky deserved to be dropped. A point alot of fans have forgotten.

Maxwell came in, & after Hearts we went 9 games unbeaten until Wednesday. A point also forgotten by fans.

That being said, Bogdan is better overall than both. Rockys been talking himself up for a move recently which i suspect will happen in January.

End of the day, the main issue is our defence, which of the 3 keepers we use isnt going to make a massive difference in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Indeed

And using the expected goals against stat, De Gea was given a +18 point differential under Mourinho at Man Utd. Without those eighteen points Mourinhos tenure would've been a bottom half Man U team.

There are different types of goalie though. The ones who come for every cross, start attacks, play under managers who instruct their keepers to play out from the back everytime, will contribute more to the rest of the team but will make more mistakes (Hugo Lloris, David James' going back a few years). That famous De Gea Season, Lloris was one of the worst ranked keepers under the expected saves stat (-8 iirc) but his distribution, claimed crosses and rate of intercepted through balls etc was probably much better than de geas, but isnt an attribute that gets much airtime in the studio. As a result, he's probably underrated.

My feeling on our keepers is Rocky is a safety first, on his line, great shot stopper with 'rocky' distribution who would do well on the stat lines, but was rightfully dropped because he was making mistakes. Maxwell is similar but with less capacity for reaction saves and better distribution (but I haven't seen him for a few weeks now and I understand he's not on great form and making mistakes). Neither is the risk taking, dominating his box type keeper type.

And please. Stop with the 'has Maxwell made a save' chat. Celtic.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 06-12-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Rocky certainly has his strengths, his spectacular saves being very noticable, but his kick outs are among the worst I've seen in any Hibs Goalie.

Unless I'm mistaken, Wednesday night was Maxwell's first mistake which has cost us a goal. Bit harsh IMO to drop him after one mistake. Bogdan probably not up to speed yet so imagine Maxwell will be in goals tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Rocky certainly has his strengths, his spectacular saves being very noticable, but his kick outs are among the worst I've seen in any Hibs Goalie.
    This was also Leightons issue. In fact I seem to remember defenders taking bye kicks for him. And we have probably never had a better keeper since. I would always play the better shot stopper first, and worry about distribution after.

First Team Breakthrough
    The thread is titled "Goalkeepers Winning Points". In my opinion a goalkeeper is more likely to win you points by pulling off saves rather than good distribution. In that scenario Rocky wins hands down.
    Get him back in.