hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Hanlon really, really needs dropped. Soft as *****.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Treat them all the same. Doesn’t happen on here.
    Aye so you do.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hanlon is a seasoned pro and captain. He’s been awful for a long time, that can’t be deflected onto Porteous. There’s no hiding from the fact that he hasn’t been good enough. From the verge of the Scotland squad to this in a couple of seasons is frightening.

And his poor form is not helping young Porto, PH has been a weakness in our defence all season albeit not the only one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    There’s no danger the season’s over after 16 matches (as some of the chat on here suggests) but the new manager bounce is.

He’s fixed the quality of football quickly, now he has to fix the quality of squad.
    Nobody’s suggesting the season’s over. We’ll still have to work hard to stand still and then add more quality to the squad in January. Even with some improvement, 5th spot will be a tough ask.

Drop him then. I’m sure Ross must see what all the experts are seeing.

Any team that is struggling to win a match for ages, like Ross County tonight (nine games without a win and absolutely rotten), must breath a sigh of relief when they see their next match is against Hibs, sadly the league's biggest soft touches.

It's past the embarrassing stage now.

0-1 at HT for Hibs against weak opposition, and they crumble yet again.

Why is Hibs best goalkeeper not getting a look in. If he is going then so be it but let’s play the guy till he leaves. Cutting our throat to spite our face. If we don’t like how his agent conducts his buisness then don’t take it out on the support and the team. Rocky has been one of the best 3 goalkeepers we have had in the last 20 years in my opinion.

I like Hanlon - as do you. However, he’s been way below par this season. Definitely not the same player of the past few years. I don’t know why you can’t be honest and admit that.

Left by mutual consent!
    True. People take it personally if it’s Lewis or Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Any team that is struggling to win a match for ages, like Ross County tonight (nine games without a win and absolutely rotten), must breath a sigh of relief when they see their next match is against Hibs, sadly the league's biggest soft touches.

It’s been happening for years. As you say a team that hasn’t won in weeks. A team that hasn’t scored in weeks. We always help them break the habit.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

This has been the same complaint since the first game of the season. Is it the players not being good enough or are they just doing what they are told? One manager has already lost his job because of results and performances like this. If the problem is the players, is changing the manager really going to make a difference?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Too much chat about hearts and how much of a shambles they’re just now.

Our seasons not far behind.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

Just a blip the night. We need McGregor and Gray back ASAP though. The lack of leadership is very concerning.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Just a blip the night. We need McGregor and Gray back ASAP though. The lack of leadership is very concerning.
    I’m no sure it is a blip.

We’re soft as **** the now

Left by mutual consent!

Playing Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers and Hearts in the next 3 weeks isn’t ideal either.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    There’s no danger the season’s over after 16 matches (as some of the chat on here suggests) but the new manager bounce is.

He’s fixed the quality of football quickly, now he has to fix the quality of squad.
    I don't think anyone who has been watching Hibs this season will have been fooled by the upturn in results, welcome as they are. Jack Ross has a job on his hands managing a squad that everyone on here agreed is as poor as we have had for a long time. Points have been picked up by playing a more atttack minded formation but we still have a soft centre and lack a leader as was so evident on Saturday. Hopefully the points gathered in the past few weeks will help keep us away from the danger zone till Ross can do some wheeling and dealing in January , though that will depend on being able to get rid of a lot of the duds.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Drop him then. I’m sure Ross must see what all the experts are seeing.
    No player this season could argue against being dropped. We’ve been rotten.

Shows how poor our recruitment has been, we have no options to change things. We’ve formed a midfield that don’t tackle and can’t run box to box. Very weak in midfield and our defence are equally weak. Small squad with too many poor players.

Hanlon is like all others, deserves to be dropped but we don’t have many options.

3 bad summer transfer windows in a row, no real youth development success and our Sporting Director talking about using Football Manager database to get information...things have been going down hill and needs looked at before it’s too late. I don’t think relegation is likely this season but fan interest is plummeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    This has been the same complaint since the first game of the season. Is it the players not being good enough or are they just doing what they are told? One manager has already lost his job because of results and performances like this. If the problem is the players, is changing the manager really going to make a difference?
    Who knows mate? I'm past trying to figure Hibs out, and tired of the same old excuses and disappointments.

One thing for sure is that this current squad is weak and does not have a collective winning mentality and killer instinct. If that means the players (at least a number of them) are "not good enough" then they have to be moved on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Playing Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers and Hearts in the next 3 weeks isn’t ideal either.
    We will likely come out of this with between 2 and 4 points and sliding back down the table. But I am forever hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I don't think anyone who has been watching Hibs this season will have been fooled by the upturn in results, welcome as they are. Jack Ross has a job on his hands managing a squad that everyone on here agreed is as poor as we have had for a long time. Points have been picked up by playing a more atttack minded formation but we still have a soft centre and lack a leader as was so evident on Saturday. Hopefully the points gathered in the past few weeks will help keep us away from the danger zone till Ross can do some wheeling and dealing in January , though that will depend on being able to get rid of a lot of the duds.

Totally Agree with your post.. Just a few weeks ago we were a few minutes away from being bottom of the table..

PS.. what is your avatar pic.. i should know it but i just can't remember the name..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddoc View Post
    We will likely come out of this with between 2 and 4 points and sliding back down the table. But I am forever hopeful.
    Aberdeen haven’t been doing too bad lately, will be a difficult game on Saturday, we seem to struggle to beat them. Can’t see us beating Celtic. Rangers at home under the lights with hopefully a good atmosphere I’d feel optimistic of getting a result. Hearts away, form goes out the window.

Left by mutual consent!
    How bad must Jackson be if he cannot oust Hanlon?

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    Totally Agree with your post.. Just a few weeks ago we were a few minutes away from being bottom of the table..

PS.. what is your avatar pic.. i should know it but i just can't remember the name..
    Makes you mad when you can’t remember a name

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m no sure it is a blip.

We’re soft as **** the now
    True. Lack of leadership is astounding. It’s Hecks mess though. Hopefully he’s advising his pal Stendel similar for when he eventually takes over there. I never thought for the life of me I would be regretting Milligan leaving.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    How bad must Jackson be if he cannot oust Hanlon?
    Not that bad, apparently Barnsley fell apart when he left them. Said all the radge Barnsley fans sticking up for the German Pep who’s going to hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Aberdeen haven’t been doing too bad lately, will be a difficult game on Saturday, we seem to struggle to beat them. Can’t see us beating Celtic. Rangers at home under the lights with hopefully a good atmosphere I’d feel optimistic of getting a result. Hearts away, form goes out the window.
    We could easily be looking at no more than 1 or 2 points from those fixtures which will really put us in a difficult position.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    We could easily be looking at no more than 1 or 2 points from those fixtures which will really put us in a difficult position.
    Under different management I would agree. I think we will pick up three points on Saturday but December will be very difficult but we knew that for months and failed to address PH earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yep, and it's because the current Hibs squad is very unlikely to take many points from fixtures against Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, and possibly even Hearts, that's why it is so damaging to have dropped 5 points to Ross County already this season.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post

Mad comics

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    It’s been happening for years. As you say a team that hasn’t won in weeks. A team that hasn’t scored in weeks. We always help them break the habit.
    The bit in bold. That's what I don't get.

Lennon was correct with his "boy band" description.