Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you sure you're not BangcockHibby?

Lot that over here as welk🤪

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar

Time to discuss a real and growing problem at Easter Road

Where is Bob S and his sartorial expertise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by hibbie02; 01-12-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    The jogging bottoms wearer starting to fill the Easter Road terraces. Completely undermining the sartorial masterclass of Jack Ross and his tailor-made suits.

Not sure how to fix it. If you have an U18 season ticket then you're obviously exempt. If you're an adult and you're turning up in trackies then prove you've been to the gym before/after the game or be asked to leave? Something RG and LD will have to nip it in the bud before it becomes more infectious.

Attire not befitting for Easter Road or the Leith area. Take that stuff to Gorgie or Glasgow.
    Dashing Bob S would soon put a stop to such slovenly attire.

This is one of my pet hates about going to games and seeing ridiculous gear, usually trackies of various kinds but nowadays these skinny efforts. What makes laddies wear them as they look completely radge?

As an aside, I sometimes turn on 6 Music on a Sunday morning when the dreary Mary-Ann Hobbs is on in the forlorn hope she plays some decent music. However, this morning as I was about to turn off she introduced a guy whom I think has written a book about trainers, brands etc and their place in football culture. I didn't hear it all but I think some of you who were around in the 80s and 90s and the Casual culture will find it quite interesting. Presumably it'll be on the BBC iPlayer.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Jogging bottoms are a serious no no. If you wear them, just stop. And have a word. Hideous attire.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Jogging bottoms are a serious no no. If you wear them, just stop. And have a word. Hideous attire.

I only wear them in the house sometimes, for comfort. Would never step outside in them.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Even worse than jogging bottoms imo is a growing trend of men going around wearing Lycra leggings under shorts.

This is acceptable if you are employed as a cycle courier. Otherwise it's a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Even worse than jogging bottoms imo is a growing trend of men going around wearing Lycra leggings under shorts.

This is acceptable if you are employed as a cycle courier. Otherwise it's a no no.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar

A guy at work turns up to meetings like this, except quite often not with the shorts. He tends to “manspread” as well. It’s vile.

Have to admit, though, I’ve done the Lycra trousers under the shorts routine at yoga a couple of times to stop embarrassing “wardrobe malfunctions”.
    Last edited by overdrive; 01-12-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    This is one of my pet hates about going to games and seeing ridiculous gear, usually trackies of various kinds but nowadays these skinny efforts. What makes laddies wear them as they look completely radge?

As an aside, I sometimes turn on 6 Music on a Sunday morning when the dreary Mary-Ann Hobbs is on in the forlorn hope she plays some decent music. However, this morning as I was about to turn off she introduced a guy whom I think has written a book about trainers, brands etc and their place in football culture. I didn't hear it all but I think some of you who were around in the 80s and 90s and the Casual culture will find it quite interesting. Presumably it'll be on the BBC iPlayer.
    I’ve got a book by Phil Thornton looking at the culture, fashion and music of the time. Was it him? Peter Hooton also has a similar book.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    A guy at work turns up to meetings like this, except quite often not with the shorts. He tends to “manspread” as well. It’s vile.

Have to admit, though, I’ve done the Lycra trousers under the shorts routine at yoga a couple of times to stop embarrassing “wardrobe malfunctions”.
    The bit in bold - wow.

I wear leggings under shorts when I'm running. It has it's practicalities. Do people do this for fashion though???
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I wear leggings under shorts when I'm running. It has it's practicalities. Do people do this for fashion though???
    If you feel that wearing Lycra leggings under shorts for running has it's practicalities then who am I to argue?

Anyone who sports this look for fashion though needs to wise up, go home, and change immediately.

Jogging bottoms should result in an instant ban at ER, no exceptions.

Sauzee installed French flair and finesse almost 20 years ago, setting the standard for the faithful, it would frankly be a sin to bring standards down to such a bargain basement level.

First Team Breakthrough
    Love wearing my grey jogging bottoms and so easy for having a good howk at my hee-haws

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Long time ago and only if you had money or robbed a shop. Not applicable to most working class youngsters.

I am avowedly working class and always dressed in my best bib and tucker for games as a kid.

Beneton jumper, Hugo Boss jeans and Adidas Gazelles.... all from hard earned Window Cleaning money!

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Next you will get people in their jammies turning up at games with their coats over them. An absolute guarantee.
    Jammie bottoms under your troos keep you toastie at matches when it's freezing. Yes, I speak from experience.

Left by mutual consent!
    The jogging bottoms wearer starting to fill the Easter Road terraces. Completely undermining the sartorial masterclass of Jack Ross and his tailor-made suits.

Not sure how to fix it. If you have an U18 season ticket then you're obviously exempt. If you're an adult and you're turning up in trackies then prove you've been to the gym before/after the game or be asked to leave? Something RG and LD will have to nip it in the bud before it becomes more infectious.

Attire not befitting for Easter Road or the Leith area. Take that stuff to Gorgie or Glasgow.
    They're everywhere. And they sure ain't worn for jogging. Lazy, shapeless garments that say 'I've given up on any sense of individuality.'

Has Seinfeld's prediction come true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRsfMaQ4r0

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    They're everywhere. And they sure ain't worn for jogging. Lazy, shapeless garments that say 'I've given up on any sense of individuality.'

Has Seinfeld's prediction come true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRsfMaQ4r0
    I'm afraid so. Just can't take anyone seriously who looks like they've left home wearing their pyjamas...

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm all for people wearing whatever they feel comfortable in

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I'm all for people wearing whatever they feel comfortable in
    In other words, you wear trackies at the game

This is such a tory post.

Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post

Hilarious.
    It's exactly the opposite of a 'Tory post'.

In days gone by the 'working class' took a great pride in their appearance outside of work, look at football crowds in days gone by and witness every man in a shirt and tie. The only real identifier to class difference is the hats being worn. Wearing the Sunday best was an expected norm.

It's far more of a Tory post to assume the OP was referring solely to one socio economic group in his post or that said group are inherently slovenly in their dress and it is expected of them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post

Hilarious.
    Au contraire. A Tory post would demand M&S slacks, fleece and anorak, worn with those comfortable shoes advertised in the Sunday paper magazines. Possibly a tartan blanket and a flask.

Jogging bottoms are great and fashion sucks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    In other words, you wear trackies at the game
    Occasionally 🤪

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Sports/leisure apparel in public is only acceptable when playing sports!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Sports/leisure apparel in public is only acceptable when playing sports!
    I have a sports jacket, which is only really suitable for the sport of drinking. Can I have some guidance please?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's exactly the opposite of a 'Tory post'.

In days gone by the 'working class' took a great pride in their appearance outside of work, look at football crowds in days gone by and witness every man in a shirt and tie. The only real identifier to class difference is the hats being worn. Wearing the Sunday best was an expected norm.

It's far more of a Tory post to assume the OP was referring solely to one socio economic group in his post or that said group are inherently slovenly in their dress and it is expected of them.
    Clean living under difficult circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    I have a sports jacket, which is only really suitable for the sport of drinking. Can I have some guidance please?
    Sports jaiket is fine and a world away fae grey trackie bottoms at the match