hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Time to discuss a real and growing problem at Easter Road

The jogging bottoms wearer starting to fill the Easter Road terraces. Completely undermining the sartorial masterclass of Jack Ross and his tailor-made suits.

Not sure how to fix it. If you have an U18 season ticket then you're obviously exempt. If you're an adult and you're turning up in trackies then prove you've been to the gym before/after the game or be asked to leave? Something RG and LD will have to nip it in the bud before it becomes more infectious.

Attire not befitting for Easter Road or the Leith area. Take that stuff to Gorgie or Glasgow.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The jogging bottoms wearer starting to fill the Easter Road terraces. Completely undermining the sartorial masterclass of Jack Ross and his tailor-made suits.

Not sure how to fix it. If you have an U18 season ticket then you're obviously exempt. If you're an adult and you're turning up in trackies then prove you've been to the gym before/after the game or be asked to leave? Something RG and LD will have to nip it in the bud before it becomes more infectious.

Attire not befitting for Easter Road or the Leith area. Take that stuff to Gorgie or Glasgow.
    I thought we were the team of the poor and down trodden. When did we become middle class. Must have been my laddie he is 28 and still goes in his grey jogging although hates exercise.
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 01-12-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Why is it as soon as a man, of any age, puts on a pair of grey joggers he suddenly thinks it's acceptable to claw his testicles in public? Particularly common among the young team but I've seen older guys at it to.

If you are in public your hands should remain firmly outside your trousers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I thought we were the team of the poor and down trodden. When did we become middle class. Must have been my ladies he is 28 and still hoesin his grey jogging although hates exercise.
    Not working class.
    Not middle class.
    World class.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Not working class.
    Not middle class.
    World class.
    I think you must be following a different Hibs from me.

@hibs.net private member
    I Must have been my ladies he is 28
    Letter missing? Or don't I want to know?

First Team Regular GREEN WARLORD's Avatar

Jogging bottoms aka the Scrubbers Tuxedo trousers or Lazy Man's pants. Aye leave to the Gorgie bin men.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

Minging, the kind of thing I used to slag my old man about if he had them on taking the bins out

I have never worked out how these grey joggers can work in the practical sense either???

I would have lost my phone, wallet, keys - the lot, within about 15 minutes if I was wearing them.

Grey marl jogging bottoms are the last word in fashion in our peripheral housing areas.

You need a prostate like cast iron to get away with it. I favour black ones myself.

I won't elaborate.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think you must be following a different Hibs from me.
    We all follow the Hibs that is in our own mind.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Why is it as soon as a man, of any age, puts on a pair of grey joggers he suddenly thinks it's acceptable to claw his testicles in public? Particularly common among the young team but I've seen older guys at it to.

It's really a decision of convenience, when the jail sentence is handed down they can go straight to jail knowing they are already appropriately kitted out without worrying about packing a suitcase.

The clawing testicles is probably a perfectly understandable reaction since their Staffy had been sleeping on said strides overnight.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Grey marl jogging bottoms are the last word in fashion in our peripheral housing areas.

You need a prostate like cast iron to get away with it. I favour black ones myself.

I won't elaborate.
    At a slight tangent here. I was working in Castlemilk last week, apparently this is one of the poorer parts of Glasgow.

I had to question that when I noticed a fellow bus passenger was wearing a high viz, over a yellow Stone Island jerkin.
    Last edited by Cataplana; 01-12-2019 at 10:10 AM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

I agree, public genital fondling is never acceptable, not matter the hideous attire. Particularly prevalent amongst the younger generation, what's it all about?

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    I agree, public genital fondling is never acceptable, not matter the hideous attire. Particularly prevalent amongst the younger generation, what's it all about?
    Michael jackson started it....🙄
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Yeah pet hate. In public that should warrant a caution if folks really don’t know any better - clartybardfasts!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

The story I heard was that they're much more easily removed when in prison. I'm not familiar with prison, but the quick removal is apparently a plus point for many of its regular attendees.

When they're out on licence, they're just in the habit of wearing them.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    It's the lack of socks craze that drives me mental

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I thought we were the team of the poor and down trodden. When did we become middle class. Must have been my ladies he is 28 and still goes in his grey jogging although hates exercise.

Used to be a working class thing to dress your best when not at work. Show a bit of pride and self respect.

Not into slob wear at all.

I thought we were the team of the poor and down trodden. When did we become middle class. Must have been my ladies he is 28 and still goes in his grey jogging although hates exercise.

Are you sure you're not BangcockHibby?

Left by mutual consent!

Don't think there can be anything more sinister looking than slim fit jogging bottoms. JUST, WHY????

They make a guy look daft!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Chronic insecurity.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Some sort of jogging bottoms with built in socks might be the answer? Maybe with a rubber glove sewn into the inside crotch area to bring a bit of decorum to proceedings?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This. Nidrons. 😁

Coaching Staff

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Used to be a working class thing to dress your best when not at work. Show a bit of pride and self respect.

Next you will get people in their jammies turning up at games with their coats over them. An absolute guarantee.

Nothing says I have no self respect more than leaving the house in jogging bottoms other than for sporting purposes ... running away from the polis does not count as a sporting activity

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    At a slight tangent here. I was working in Castlemilk last week, apparently this is one of the poorer parts of Glasgow.

I had to question that when I noticed a fellow bus passenger was wearing a high viz, over a yellow Stone Island jerkin.
    Was born and bred in Castlemilk, like most places there was a mix but probably fair to say it was very working class and had the same issues most housing schemes had, I loved it 😄

Been redeveloped a lot since I left, family still there so I visit a lot. I don’t notice the changes as much cos I’m just at my mums when I’m up but by the sounds of that suave gent redevelopment works 😄👍

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Another huge probelm just now is fat blokes in skinny jeans. They aren't designed for you, the key word is 'skinny'.

But the one that really winds me up is blokes walking about in shorts at this time of year. They must think the weather is mind over matter; that, if they tell themselves it's Greece in August, then it really is. I saw a guy in shorts walking his dog yesterday morning, when it must have been minus five.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The 2 twelve year olds I take to the games, had no socks on yesterday. They thought they were hard men. Were squealing like babies towards the end of the game, feet were freezing

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Long time ago and only if you had money or robbed a shop. Not applicable to most working class youngsters.