hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Coldplay Go Green

Coldplay are not going to tour to promote their album, to protect the environment. Why not go further and not record albums at all?

(Ironically, Chris Martin is telling us this from somewhere in Jordan. Man is an utter space cadet.)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coldplay are not going to tour to promote their album, to protect the environment. Why not go further and not record albums at all?

(Ironically, Chris Martin is telling us this from somewhere in Jordan. Man is an utter space cadet.)
    Exactly. Noise pollution is a thing too.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I thought it made for an interesting article. They aren't going to tour their album (just 2 free to view on YouTube gigs in Jordan) until they are satisfied that they have enough initiatives in place that make their gigs carbon neutral or to a point of having a positive all round impact.

They're giving up on a hell of a lot of money to make their point. That's one way to focus on how to realistically achieve the above. All the best to them and hopefully they come up with some industry practices which can become commonplace.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Rather unfashionably, I quite like some of Coldplay music.

I saw the interview with this guy on the news at lunchtime, and he came across as a complete knob.

I'll have to try and forget that if I want to listen to any of their music in future.
    Luckily I can still tolerate U2 whilst knowing what a twat Bono is, so I should be fine.

Chris Martin is a knob's knob but at least now he's doing something unlike the knob's knob's knob Bono who continues to virtue signal while flying about with his crew and equipment in 3 or 4 private jets with each trip he does.

Notice it never bothered them when they were poor.