hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Season 2 available from April 1st on Netflix. Will be interesting to get some insight into Jack Ross and John Potter behind the scenes at Sunderland.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeckythePenguin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Season 2 available from April 1st on Netflix. Will be interesting to get some insight into Jack Ross and John Potter behind the scenes at Sunderland.
    Cannae wait to see Season 1 of TINYTILLIDIE must be due to be released soon Comedy Gold!😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Cannae wait to see Season 1 of TINYTILLIDIE must be due to be released soon Comedy Gold!😂
    #tyniethentheydie.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Thanks for the shout.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I wonder how Ross will come out of it. As someone who has Sunderland as their English club, I’m looking forward to it.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Left by mutual consent!
    Just finished binge watching it, and couldn't believe that, Jack Rodwell was on £70k a week. Neither wonder, Martin Bain went mental when he heard he was staying. 😂

Takeover approved. 23 year old French Chairman. That is not a typo. 23! Stewart Donald and Charlie "I'm one of the boys" Methven still holding minority shareholdings.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56114374

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Takeover approved. 23 year old French Chairman. That is not a typo. 23! Stewart Donald and Charlie "I'm one of the boys" Methven still holding minority shareholdings.
    If that was me I'd be giving myself the odd last minute cameo appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    If that was me I'd be giving myself the odd last minute cameo appearance.
    And that wouldn't even be close to being the daftest decision taken by a Sunderland chairman in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    A rich mans kid gets an expensive toy.
    I'm sure daddies advisors will be on tap.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I see season 3 has just come out on Netflix today. It covers at least some of the period Lee Johnson was in charge judging by the trailer so might be of interest.

Edit: just read a review that implies it starts with LJ getting sacked.
    Last edited by overdrive; 13-02-2024 at 10:02 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Yeah, just been watching it and Lee Johnson gets sacked straight away and it shows the fallout about whether it was the right decision.

It's only 3 episodes long this time but a really good watch and more about the fans this time, as opposed to being so focused on the board antics.

Sent from my SM-A336B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I did find it funny that they seem to start by sacking future hibs managers, I definitely wouldn't mind Alex Neil at Hibs though.

It's funny the similarities about how they feel about their club and the bemoaning the lack of success and stability as I do about hibs.

I'm glad that guy got to see them promoted before he passed though.

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I did find it funny that they seem to start by sacking future hibs managers, I definitely wouldn't mind Alex Neil at Hibs though.

It's funny the similarities about how they feel about their club and the bemoaning the lack of success and stability as I do about hibs.

I'm glad that guy got to see them promoted before he passed though.
    FFS! *Spoiler alert* please.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogga View Post
    Yeah, just been watching it and Lee Johnson gets sacked straight away and it shows the fallout about whether it was the right decision.

It's only 3 episodes long this time but a really good watch and more about the fans this time, as opposed to being so focused on the board antics.

Sent from my SM-A336B using Tapatalk

Season 2 was all about The Chuckle brothers especially Methven who loved being centre of attention, I see Charlton fans have seen the light and are trying to hound him out of there club now as he is dragging them down now also. I despised him when he was at Sunderland, his arrogance and contempt for fans was clear for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal G View Post
    Season 2 was all about The Chuckle brothers especially Methven who loved being centre of attention, I see Charlton fans have seen the light and are trying to hound him out of there club now as he is dragging them down now also. I despised him when he was at Sunderland, his arrogance and contempt for fans was clear for all to see.
    Jack Ross played a blinder with series 2 by keeping the cameras as far away from the players and dressing room as possible. I thought it was pretty obvious he allowed the bare minimum he could get away with without breaching any contract with Netflix.

The first series showed the dysfunction of the dressing room to the world. McGeady all but calling Coleman out as a loser directly to camera was probably the lowlight in that regard. Of course guys in the boardroom like Bain were still involved but the 2nd series had to look upstairs a lot more for the 'scandal' whilst the manager and players generally came across a lot better, at least in part because we hardly saw them in comparison to series 1.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 14-02-2024 at 11:21 AM.

First Team Breakthrough Broxburn Greens's Avatar
    Just watched it the other evening. Strange it started half way through the season.

Felt to me like it was a bit thrown together and some of the filmography was pretty bad, like shots of players training in May with a very hard frost on the ground whilst not impossible, highly unlikely.

Other than that it’s worth the watch in one evening and I thought Alex Neil came across really well.

The fan aspect was good and yes as someone else said I could relate to their fans frustrations from a Hibs perspective.

Without repeating the spoiler I was also pleased the big guy got his happy day at Wembley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Broxburn Greens View Post
    Just watched it the other evening. Strange it started half way through the season.

Felt to me like it was a bit thrown together and some of the filmography was pretty bad, like shots of players training in May with a very hard frost on the ground whilst not impossible, highly unlikely.

Other than that it’s worth the watch in one evening and I thought Alex Neil came across really well.

The fan aspect was good and yes as someone else said I could relate to their fans frustrations from a Hibs perspective.

Without repeating the spoiler I was also pleased the big guy got his happy day at Wembley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've lived in Sunderland. Frost in May happens! 🤣