hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Children in Need

Watching it on tv now and it’s both heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. Seeing all these children battling with adversity and not only dealing with, but being so brave at the same time has I have to admit reduced me to tears at times. Also all the people who have worked tirelessly to help these kids restores my faith in humanity. At a time when politicians are out scrambling about for votes to save their jobs we have vital services relying on charity to keep going.
    Well done to all those involved in organising this event.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching it on tv now and it’s both heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. Seeing all these children battling with adversity and not only dealing with, but being so brave at the same time has I have to admit reduced me to tears at times. Also all the people who have worked tirelessly to help these kids restores my faith in humanity. At a time when politicians are out scrambling about for votes to save their jobs we have vital services relying on charity to keep going.
    Well done to all those involved in organising this event.
    Agreed, I don’t normally watch it but missus wanted to see the Eastenders cast dancing. The stories and clips of children are definitely heartbreaking and inspiring.

First Team Breakthrough
    64,000 children & young people in Scotland receive support from CiN funded projects. No matter what your views on charities are, CiN donate just about the whole of each pound to each cause who benefit from their funding.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NGP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    64,000 children & young people in Scotland receive support from CiN funded projects. No matter what your views on charities are, CiN donate just about the whole of each pound to each cause who benefit from their funding.
    My issue is that these groups shouldn’t be reliant on charities to fund them. Thank god that people are giving money to help fund these amazing people and the great work they’re doing, but they shouldn’t have to. The world is upside down when children are suffering while large companies find it acceptable to pay as little tax as possible in order to satisfy shareholders. It makes me sick tbh.

United we stand here....