Reserving judgement until the following points are clear:

1. 2 up front or 1?
    2. Allan or Mallan or Both
    3. Horgan Starter of Finisher?
    4. Can Maxwell save a shot?
    5. Can Rocky catch a cross?
    6. Is there a player in Newall?
    7. Midddleton out, Fraser Murray in?
    8. How immense is Hallberg going to be for us?
    9. Will Hermit Crab still moan constantly?
    10. How does it feel Jonnyboy?
    Re 9 and 10

Yes
    Barry

This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Re 9 and 10

Yes
    Barry

Left by mutual consent!
    Lack of ambition with this appointment.

Great appointment. Even better he turned down Hearts.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Hard to see what is not to like here.

• Massive turnaround job at St Mirren from relegation fodder to league champions in 18 months. Had them playing nice stuff and put in a better account of themselves than we did after 3 years in the Championship.
    • Took on a basket-case of a club in Sunderland with 10 players left at the club when he took over (losing more in January). Still took them to 6th (they currently are 7th) in the table and narrowly lost out in the playoffs. Sunderland is a very, very tough gig for anyone right now.
    • Young and Scottish manager with a very good knowledge of our game. He has continually scooped up players we really wanted to play for us, so clearly has the same idea of quality as we supporters do.
    • Humbling experience in England will probably increase the chances substantially that, if he does do well with us, he will stay and build more of a legacy.
    • Left Hearts under a dark cloud in a previous life, so doubt there is much love lost there...

He is my first choice. Excited.
    Also turned Hearts down. Well that's what I am telling Jambos🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    aw ma gawd!!
    God as my witness he is broken in half!

Quote Originally Posted by forza verdebianco View Post
    Really? Why? Who should we have gone for instead?

Quote Originally Posted by forza verdebianco View Post
    Member since 2002 with 95 posts...

Care to expand on why you think that?

Tip the answers not "cos he never went to hearts".

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Welcome to the Hibees Jack Ross

Very best of footballing good fortune to you

Might have had a few drams but we've just appointed Jack Ross, Jack Ross! We'd have all been salivating over that this time last year. This could be a marriage made in heaven

Has ross been unveiled yet as ive not seen anything on tv......maybe just missed it

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Has ross been unveiled yet as ive not seen anything on tv......maybe just missed it
    Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Unveiled on Friday, you must have missed it.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

We've had four generic sentences from him, what more do you want it's the polar opposite of a sevco statement

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Might have had a few drams but we've just appointed Jack Ross, Jack Ross! We'd have all been salivating over that this time last year. This could be a marriage made in heaven

This is fair comment.

Aside from the ‘big names’ dropping down the football pyramid he was the obvious and outstanding candidate.

No appointment is without risk but I think we should be positive here. He fits the profile of someone who should do well for us.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A copy and paste of Jack Ross speaking with The Times -

“I didn’t fail at Sunderland, says new Hibernian manager Jack Ross’’

Jack Ross was out shopping late one night, buying some milk near his home in Northumberland. There was one other person in the shop who walked over to him. “I’m sorry you lost your job,” the man said to Ross. “It’s OK, I’m all right,” he replied.
    Ross went down another aisle. “He walked past me again and gave me a tap on the shoulder,” Ross says. “You know the way people do when they’re offering you sympathy. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry!”

Ross, set to be unveiled as the new manager of Hibernian today, is laughing again.
    That the 43-year-old was out of work for only 38 days after being dismissed by Sunderland, the Sky Bet League one club, says much. He is returning to Scotland with his reputation enhanced. Sunderland, a club that did not have enough players to make a full team when he arrived, did not win promotion but he stopped a rot, and in his words, turned ‘a huge club around and pointed it in the right direction’.

Last week Ross was back in Scotland to give a presentation to coaches, entitled: ‘Getting it right, getting it wrong and somewhere in between’.

“Where does Sunderland fit in?” he says. “The answer will always be in between. You can’t get it all right. That’s impossible, but I’d like to think I got more right than I got wrong. We lost ten out of 80 competitive games, we were at Wembley twice, we scored in 45 out of 46 league games and there was one defeat in 16 months at the Stadium of Light.
    “We didn’t get promoted. I said that’s what I came to do. If you want to be as black and white as that, no I didn’t achieve what I went there to do, but given all the challenges, I can’t say I failed.”

Returning north from his family home in the north east of England to one of Scotland’s big four remains a long way from Ross’s first start coaching at Dumbarton eight years ago, on £100-a-week, where he would wait for the public pitches at Toryglen to clear so he could set up his cones and take his sessions at eight o’clock twice a week.

He rose quickly. Taking over and transforming Alloa Athletic, leaving the club second in Scottish League One and then moving to St Mirren, where the side won the Scottish Championship. He was PFA manager of the year in Scotland then and impressed Stewart Donald, the Sunderland owner, so much in interview that he drove personally to pick him up and persuade him not to join Ipswich Town, who were a league above at the time.

“No, I never regret taking the job,” Ross says. “It has made me a much better manager and a much better person. I’m proud of how I felt with things. It was tough, it has hurt me, but I have to deal with loads of things other managers will never have to deal with.”
    Like watching only ten players walk out for his first day at training, some of them on more money than a League One club’s annual income. Like never having a budget. Like losing his top scorer Josh Maja to Bordeaux in January. Like being told to liaise with potential new owners this summer about who he wanted to sign, new owners who never even took over.
    “I had a desire to put a more structured plan in place, more than just the budget,” he says. “The club has come out recently and said they will invest in recruitment, and I had all the conversations and we never managed to get there. For the club to move, it needs to do that.”

Sunderland were sixth, four points off second place in League One with a game in hand, when a planned meeting had its order of minutes changed dramatically on October 8. Instead of talking about the future, in his own office, with director Neil Fox, Ross was sacked.

“I didn’t see it coming,” he says. “It’s a brilliant football club to get the opportunity to manage, but it’s hard, a lot harder than what people know. Everyone says the same, not because they’re weak, it’s just really, really challenging. I think the resilience you build up in that period, and I did May to October, just being the manager, it encases you.
    “I spoke to my wife Heather first. She’s very protective and her first reaction was one of anger and indignation. She thought it was unjust.”

Ross had to persuade his angry backroom staff to take the team’s EFL Trophy game with Grimsby Town. There were tears from his office staff, and he went, on invitation, for a meal with the club’s kitchen workers.
    It was more pain to go with the 94th-minute play-off final defeat by Charlton Athletic back in May.
    “I had to speak after that game and I had to do it in a relatively controlled manner, but if I were to have said what I felt inside, I would have cried,” Ross says. “This was the same. I was gutted at losing that job. I’d put so much work into the last 16-17 months. Under a lot of circumstances people didn’t see, I thought I did the job well.”

He rankles at the suggestion that his team would sit back and look for draws or a lack of a desire to kick on and win by greater margins.
    “Nah, it’s complete fake news,” Ross says. “There was only one time I was happy with a point and that was Barnsley away. It was blowing a hurricane.
    “We came back the most from losing positions. Half-time in the Checkatrade final [in March] I was talking about everything we did well, ‘keep doing it and we’ll score more goals’, so it is the complete polar opposite to what people have said. Portsmouth made a change and went direct and we couldn’t get out. It’s not a computer game. It’s played by human beings who get nervous and make mistakes.”

Now, it is a new challenge in Edinburgh, where both Hibs and Hearts wanted him. Hibs, who have given Ross a three-and-a-half year contract, have hired a relentless worker, there is no doubt of that.
    “It’s not easy to win football matches and my record is about 50 per cent,” Ross says. “I’m a better manager now than when I joined Sunderland.”

@hibs.net private member
    Good read. Thanks for posting

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Good read. Thanks for posting
    It's interesting the point he made about getting criticised for sitting on a goal, Hecky got that as well but I don't think for a minute that was ever deliberate.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    A copy and paste of Jack Ross speaking with The Times -

Great share, thanks Carheenlea

Also worth noting that Sunderland sold their striker in the January window last season

Sunderland may have improved in recent years but they are far from recovered

Ross definitely helped stop the rot, 4 points off second with a game in hand is a crazy position to justify sacking a manager

Their loss is most certainly our gain

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Do we think it will be a lunchtime interview?

The wait between the announcement and the unveiling is a bit strange. I know contractually he wont have started until today but I dont understand why they didn't wait until today to announce him. There will be a reason, I'm sure.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post

The wait between the announcement and the unveiling is a bit strange. I know contractually he wont have started until today but I dont understand why they didn't wait until today to announce him. There will be a reason, I'm sure.
    Because peoples' heads were literally exploding on here.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 18-11-2019 at 08:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Mentioned on the radio a press conference this afternoon. I see Jack has arrived at HTC. Looks freezing.

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

I smell a low lying sleeper.

Coaching Staff

All the whinging and moaning on sites like this? "FGS, Hibs. Announce something!".

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

my thoughts exactly

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I smell a low lying sleeper.
    there is a strong smell of yam with this one

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It's interesting the point he made about getting criticised for sitting on a goal, Hecky got that as well but I don't think for a minute that was ever deliberate.
    Why not?

It’s quite a common tactic for managers trying to see out games.

I think it was quite clear with Heckingbottoms sides we tried to see our games rather than get another goal.

Think the St Johnston game at home when we drew 2-2 was an example of that.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Mentioned on the radio a press conference this afternoon. I see Jack has arrived at HTC. Looks freezing.

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC
    Should've had Jack Ross at the front of a conga leading the players into HTC. Quite hilarious a video that long of a guy walking down a path. Missed an opportunity to reveal Efe and/or Bogdan as well.

Have a delay, where JR is still in main shot but then have Efe and Bogdan walking into frame. Could have even had a "gaffer wait up" from out of shot to add intrigue.