Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Adam Bogdan

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Wasn't Simon Brown on a similar clause?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve seen him at Easter Road on a couple of occasions this season, glad to have him back, the best of the three in my opinion.
    He's better than Maxwell by some distance. But not close to being as good as Marciano.

Marciano is our best keeper, but Bogdan would be a decent sub keeper instead of Maxwell, who should be sent back.

Odd that Rocky wasn’t playing for Israel when he was our number 1.

Now he’s number 2 he’s been on bench.

I like Rocky and think along with his family he’s bought into the Hibs way of life.

Would wish him well if he moves on.

Bogdan showed his quality last season - just not sure if he needs match sharpness.

Maxwell been fine but can imagine an English team will snap him up.

Marciano is undoubtedly a good keeper who at times makes some brilliant saves, but imo he also makes a lot of camera saves which keeps us under more pressure, concedes a corner or pals it into a dangerous area. His kicking is very poor and I think as a defensive unit we’re better organised with Bogdan or Maxwell in goals.

Maxwell has yet to pull of an amazing save, but I think he catches a lot of shots and crosses that Ofir would make more of a deal out of. I like Maxwell and he seems a bit nuts which is good, I’d try sign him in the summer when his contract is up to have him and Bogdan battle for the gloves.

Bogdan for me is a good mix of Maxwell and Marciano.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The Maxwell v Marciano contest has been debated many times in Hibs Net over the last few months but the situation only came about because of Marciano's very poor form in the opening games.

In any case - Adam Bogdan will be a step up on both of them, hopefully we can secure his services on a longer term deal. I do find it surprising, however, that he didn't secure a contract with another Club.

Assuming he was one appearance from having to pay a fee, good job he didn’t have to come off the bench!

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Marciano is undoubtedly a good keeper who at times makes some brilliant saves, but imo he also makes a lot of camera saves which keeps us under more pressure, concedes a corner or pals it into a dangerous area. His kicking is very poor and I think as a defensive unit we’re better organised with Bogdan or Maxwell in goals.

Maxwell has yet to pull of an amazing save, but I think he catches a lot of shots and crosses that Ofir would make more of a deal out of. I like Maxwell and he seems a bit nuts which is good, I’d try sign him in the summer when his contract is up to have him and Bogdan battle for the gloves.

Maxwell pulled off an "amazing save" against Celtic where the ball was deflected.

Left by mutual consent!
    I just cant take to Maxwell for some reason.

Not sure why but id rather he went out of the other two.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    Maxwell pulled off an "amazing save" against Celtic where the ball was deflected.

Point blank tae and he held it!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    The Maxwell v Marciano contest has been debated many times in Hibs Net over the last few months but the situation only came about because of Marciano's very poor form in the opening games.

In any case - Adam Bogdan will be a step up on both of them, hopefully we can secure his services on a longer term deal. I do find it surprising, however, that he didn't secure a contract with another Club.
    Adam did have a few offers, one from Hibs that was pulled for no reason,
    I do know that he and his family are desperate to be here and that he will do everything to make it longer term if he can.

Marciano is a great shot stopper but he can be a bit erratic at times. Bogdan is a good solid all rounder and if he wants to be here we should be desperate to get him signed up long term. I think having someone as good as Bogdan here also makes Ofir play better. I quite like Maxwell and apart from the mistake in the semi he’s not really done anything wrong but Bogdan is a big step up in quality

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    He’s currently on 59 appearances during his permanent spell with us, maybe at 60 we’re due a few?
    That makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post

“The reason I don’t play in Scotland is not on professional grounds,” he told Israeli title One . “It will not continue that I will not play until the play-offs.

“This is the situation and we will have to deal with it.

“In my club, I am one of the senior players but there are reasons why [I haven’t been playing] that I will not elaborate.”
    The "It will not not continue bit" would suggest he has a club teed up for January where he will be the number 1. That would count out the suggestion from the poster above of Celtic as a destination.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 18-11-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coco mc View Post
    Adam did have a few offers, one from Hibs that was pulled for no reason,
    I do know that he and his family are desperate to be here and that he will do everything to make it longer term if he can.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar

Yet there was something posted showing the stats of all the keepers in the Premiership last season and Marciano was statistically one of the best, if not the best in the league and Bogdan was statistically one of the worst.

I like Bogdan but I don’t think he’s as good as Marciano. A step up from Maxwell, though.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Yet there was something posted showing the stats of all the keepers in the Premiership last season and Marciano was statistically one of the best, if not the best in the league and Bogdan was statistically one of the worst.

I like Bogdan but I don’t think he’s as good as Marciano. A step up from Maxwell, though.
    Stats can be a funny thing at any time, let's face it all of the 'keepers had to face up to vastly different circumstances especially with regard to "shot saving" ie - some would be far more difficult than others which would help to mask the "accuracy" of the outcome stats.

Personally, they're not worth a damn imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    I’m fairly sure that was the one that was given offside... it’s the only decent save I can remember from the game. He handed Brown two goals, firstly by making a meal of a cross, and secondly by not pushing his first attempt away from goal giving him a tap in for his second (the exact stuff we slate Marciano for as it concedes a corner)! Rocky saves us plenty of points, the first time in a long time that we’ve had someone that does that, by making top saves.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I’m fairly sure that was the one that was given offside... it’s the only decent save I can remember from the game. He handed Brown two goals, firstly by making a meal of a cross, and secondly by not pushing his first attempt away from goal giving him a tap in for his second (the exact stuff we slate Marciano for as it concedes a corner)! Rocky saves us plenty of points, the first time in a long time that we’ve had someone that does that, by making top saves.
    It wasnt given offside and I meant the game at ER

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Stats can be a funny thing at any time, let's face it all of the 'keepers had to face up to vastly different circumstances especially with regard to "shot saving" ie - some would be far more difficult than others which would help to mask the "accuracy" of the outcome stats.

Personally, they're not worth a damn imo.
    Statisticians should be pretty good at coping with whether some shorts are more difficult to save than others - after all, it's a very similar principle to that 'expected goals' statistic that gets bandied about, where shots from different parts of the pitch have different expectations of scoring. Any half-awake statistician would do far more than just count saves and would factor in the difficulty of individual shots.

And football fans are prone to a ton of cognitive biases though that are every bit as bad as simple statistics. Goalkeepers who make lots of spectacular saves might not necessarily be better keepers - in that the need to make those saves could be an indication that the keeper was standing in the wrong place to begin with - same way that defensive howlers are sometimes an indication that the defender was doing something *right* by at least getting in a position to make a spectacular mistake. An even poorer defender wouldn't register in the memory at all...

Marciano is the best of the three and it's not even close.

Bogdan is a very good keeper and if rocky goes then he's more than good enough to be number one.

Maxwell can go back.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

I agree, I like Rocky a lot but the camera saves and distribution are definite downside.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

Bogdan is a very good keeper and if rocky goes then he's more than good enough to be number one.

Maxwell can go back.

Nah Bogdan is better.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Rocky was in the papers saying he isn’t playing due to something behind the scenes? Is there possibly a clause in his contract if he plays another game?

Maxwell can go back.

I'd have to argue that it's very close between Marciano and Bogdan

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I don't think Maxwell is great. If we get Bogdan on a decent deal I would be very happy

Maxwell can go back.

Bogdan is superior, no doubt about it.

First Team Breakthrough
    who’s better? seems divided on here.

Lets put it another way, could you see Liverpool signing Marciano?
    Ok, he only had 2 appearances but then played for Bolton in the top division.

First Team Breakthrough
    Bogdan is the better keeper of the 3 for me

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Bogdan
    Maxwell
    Rocky

Maxwell has the gloves

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Don't remember Bogdan making any howlers. He was a bit rusty at first because he hadn't played for ages and he was at fault in one of the Euro matches (Asteras?). He made up for it in the second leg and was pretty solid thereafter. IIRC.

He is out of our price range but needs to play to find himself a new club. We can help him and he can help us for however long he is with us. If we agree a deal to January, I wouldn't be surprised to to see it then extended to the end of the season.
    He made some great saves away in Greece, one in particular 2nd half was Banks-esque.