hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bottom line. Kamberi has huge potential. If he finds the right manger he could be top class. But he can’t be blaming every manager when is doesn’t work out. When he played half this forum called him lazy and not the answer. A change to 2 up top will only work with some teams. Not many set up to suit it. He needs to be more than what he thinks.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster turn and burn's Avatar
    People looking to criticise our players at the slightest provocation.

I get the picture of a player who just needs to feel valued and celebrated in order to keep his confidence up. So, the lennon approach probably didn't suit (I'm assuming was direct and critical) and the hecky approach never either (I'm assuming neglectful and stand-off-ish, maybe even indifferent). The next man coming in needs to express to Flo his importance in the squad to really get him going - is that not what we want?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can we trust anything that FK says when he comes out with the statement below one week and then slated him the next?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ottom-20799601
    Nowhere in the article you linked does Kamberi back PH’s managerial ability, he is saying Heckingbottom didn’t deserve the level of abuse he received from some fans which he is 100% on, some of it was over the top.

Further down the article he says:

“ To be
honest I was disappointed I didn’t start the game. I don’t know why I didn’t but I accepted it and was just ready to come on when the manager needed me.”

So last week he was saying he didn’t know why he wasn’t picked and this week he is saying PH never told him why when he wasn’t picked. Seems pretty consistent to me.
    Last edited by CapitalGreen; 13-11-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    How can we trust anything that FK says when he comes out with the statement below one week and then slated him the next?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ottom-20799601
    It's possible to support someone on the end of verbal abuse and complain about them having poor communication skills, is it not?

Remember both statements are coming to us through the prism of the press.

Respect

Kamberi has often been up and down(sometimes amazing sometimes missing ) and of course players can be influenced by all sorts of things but I would surely expect motivation on a Saturday afternoon.
    John Collins fell out with one player at least I believe and so what we will require this time is an experienced man manager who can ensure commitment and hopefully avoid going to press with moans and groans...I am not saying John was not a good manager he was very driven I am sure and hard working no doubt ..It is hard to get detached from players and also be a mate..in management that does not work.
    Undermining the manager only results in bad atmosphere even if that manager is not so great.There does not need to be a public announcement ,it does not impress really.
    The internal systems of a club should enable grievances to be discussed and responded to without resorting to the daily press.A manager walking out means failure is not necessarily one persons fault.
    The manager should in my view at all times have that autonomy even if he does not win a popularity contest he was hired for his vision and abilities. and the system in place should be clear so players etc have a clear understanding of what internal avenues they can explore if needs be..
    The management structure should have a clear system of reporting any concerns without undermining authority of teams manager.
    If a manager has his hands tied that will fail.He will fail by results.A manager needs to know where the boundaries are of course but that can be spelt out surely before we have chaos off or on the park.
    This time we need to get it right.
    Good luck in what is no easy task.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    hibs has often been up and down(sometimes amazing sometimes missing ) and of course players can be influenced by all sorts of things but i would surely expect motivation on a saturday afternoon.
    ftfy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Nowhere in the article you linked does Kamberi back PH’s managerial ability, he is saying Heckingbottom didn’t deserve the level of abuse he received from some fans which he is 100% on, some of it was over the top.

Further down the article he says:

“ To be
honest I was disappointed I didn’t start the game. I don’t know why I didn’t but I accepted it and was just ready to come on when the manager needed me.”

So last week he was saying he didn’t know why he wasn’t picked and this week he is saying PH never told him why when he wasn’t picked. Seems pretty consistent to me.
    Agreed,there's nothing contradictory there.