hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t go along with the inferences here that Kamberi was the catalyst in poor relationships with managers. PH and NL were poor man managers IMHO, PH was clearly blinkered in his insistence that a lone striker was the way to start a match. Saturday knocked that notion on it’s back. I also think that NL tended to bully players. PH and NL are no longer with us, Kamberi is, so I say give Kamberi full support and let him make his contribution now and when the new guy comes in. To the anti Kamberi lobby, I would say that, if Kamberi and the new manager don’t hit it off, there might be more conclusive evidence that he is hard work for managers but, in the meantime, give him some slack. The club and the players need a bit of harmony in the next couple of weeks.
    Kamberi seemed to get along perfectly well with Lennon during his loan spell, he even went on to say Lennon was one of the main factors in him wanting to join us permanently, as soon as he had a dip in form and he got a bit of criticsm he goes in the huff.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Kamberi seemed to get along perfectly well with Lennon during his loan spell, he even went on to say Lennon was one of the main factors in him wanting to join us permanently, as soon as he had a dip in form and he got a bit of criticsm he goes in the huff.
    It was hardly a bit of criticism, Lennon slaughtered him. Ironic, really as Lennon was the man threatening to quit the club due to lack of ambition or whatever he was spitting the dummy oot about.

Left by mutual consent!
    Or you could say as soon as Lennon stopped going two up top beginning at Tynie and then completely lost the plot before clearly, ripped Kamberi publicly and was wanting out the club he fell out with a number of players.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I don’t go along with the inferences here that Kamberi was the catalyst in poor relationships with managers. PH and NL were poor man managers IMHO, PH was clearly blinkered in his insistence that a lone striker was the way to start a match. Saturday knocked that notion on it’s back. I also think that NL tended to bully players. PH and NL are no longer with us, Kamberi is, so I say give Kamberi full support and let him make his contribution now and when the new guy comes in. To the anti Kamberi lobby, I would say that, if Kamberi and the new manager don’t hit it off, there might be more conclusive evidence that he is hard work for managers but, in the meantime, give him some slack. The club and the players need a bit of harmony in the next couple of weeks.
    Lennon continues to be a top manager and he has poor management skills and is a bully? Is that likely?

The 'treatment' of Kamberi has grown a few arms and legs. He was criticised when he wasn't playing well. We don't know much more than that.

Kamberi can be a fantastic player which I'm sure is why managers want more from him than he often gives.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. I wonder what caused his dip in form. Anyway, I still stand by my belief that Kamberi is the only one of the trio still at the club and therefore shouldn’t become the focus of a witch-hunt.

@hibs.net private member
    Kamberi on form is our best player..we rarely see that for more than a handful of games...

Doesn’t like to play one up top...will limit the formations he gets a start in..

Never likely to be a 20 goal striker..,or even a 15..

Wouldn’t be surprised if we replace him in Jan..certain he won’t be here next season, whoever is in charge...

A manager can handle a moody star, but why bother if he is moody and most usually very average ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Do you think he gave that interview without running it by the people that matter at Hibs?
    Yes - it was an interview whilst with Albania. I dont think Kenny was in his ear Either way in any job in life its bad patter to slag off ex bosses in public. Keep your own counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Kamberi on form is our best player..we rarely see that for more than a handful of games...

Doesn’t like to play one up top...will limit the formations he gets a start in..

Never likely to be a 20 goal striker..,or even a 15..

Wouldn’t be surprised if we replace him in Jan..certain he won’t be here next season, whoever is in charge...

A manager can handle a moody star, but why bother if he is moody and most usually very average ..

Because on his day he is immense.

Managers have egos too - lots of managers will think they have what it takes to get the best out of a talented but wayward star.

Most, of course, will fail.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Because on his day he is immense.

Managers have egos too - lots of managers will think they have what it takes to get the best out of a talented but wayward star.

Most, of course, will fail.
    Fallen out with his last three managers...if he had consistency i’d agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    If he’s being interviewed and gets asked a question would you rather he just said , “no I was happy sitting on the bench for a team that couldn’t hit a barn door and when I played I was either on the wing or up front myself where I don’t thrive”
    How about I was part of the problem we all started the season slowly and together we can kick on.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don’t care if that’s a few managers he’s had a problem with, I think he’s right.

Two up front was an obvious solution that was worth trying, no idea why Heckingbottom refused to consider it but imo it’s ultimately cost him his job.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Yes I agree with some of them and disagree with some of them, should we play 2 up front every game? Personally I dont think so, there are games where we cant and shouldnt play 2 up front, but according to kamberi we should be playing it all the time, was he spoken to by the manager, absolutely no idea, and we will never know exactly what happened behind the scenes, do I think he should be coming out and blabbing, absolutely not, what happens if the next manager wants to play 1 up front, does kamberi take the huff again and start moaning and having wee digs on his Instagram because he isnt getting a game. I would like him to get the head down and build on Saturdays good performance

I have to be honest, I'd prefer not to read about fallouts between players and manager as well, but I agree with a lot of the points he was making.

Saturday showed quite clearly that there was a better way to get the best out of the players we have, in both formation and tactics. We seem to have two strikers that revel in being a partnership and having somebody like Scott Allan (among others) helping supply them. Having a positive approach to the game was also a really obvious difference

Heckingbottom quite clearly could not see that (or maybe didn't want to admit it, I don't know), so a parting of the ways is definitely for the best.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 11-11-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Lennon continues to be a top manager and he has poor management skills and is a bully? Is that likely?

The 'treatment' of Kamberi has grown a few arms and legs. He was criticised when he wasn't playing well. We don't know much more than that.

Kamberi can be a fantastic player which I'm sure is why managers want more from him than he often gives.
    Lennon wasn't a top manager for the last six months in charge at Hibs though, was he?

Publicly flaying your players rarely brings the desired changes, not really the mark a top manager. Sit that alongside threatening to quit after losing a match where your own crap tactics and team selection was a significant contributor. Not really seeing strong leadership.

The guys done well at Celtic, but he wasn't so wonderful at Hibs really.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Hazlett View Post
    I like Kamberi but he does seem to be a bit of a tit
    😂 this.

He’s OUR tit.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Fallen out with his last three managers...if he had consistency i’d agree with you.

Don't know anything about the first of those 3 but Lennon and Hecky were both failing at Hibs so questions have to be asked.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Or you could say as soon as Lennon stopped going two up top beginning at Tynie and then completely lost the plot before clearly, ripped Kamberi publicly and was wanting out the club he fell out with a number of players.
    Are you talking about the game that Kamberi got sent off? We won 4 of the 5 games prior to that with only Kamberi up top- 3-2 Killie, 3-0 Dundee, 1-0 St Mirren, 6-0 Hamilton

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Don't know anything about the first of those 3 but Lennon and Hecky were both failing at Hibs so questions have to be asked.
    I’d say those were times when your best player rolls up his sleeves and helps the team when they need it most....he largely went missing.

I’m not that bothered about what he has said, but it rings some alarm bells , and may do for his next manager.

If he gets his head down and works consistently hard, then he will be doing something we’ve yet to see him do for a season...

I think Kamberi would rather play with no manager to be honest.

@hibs.net private member
    Whilst Kamberi is no doubt a bit of a prima Donna, I think to criticise him for falling out with previous managers is a bit over the top.

When Lennon was berating him, most people felt it was harsh. Lennon was a hot head and criticised him publicly every week. Most people eventually would snap.

Hecky never gave him much of a chance when all of us could see 2 upfront was the far better option. I thought Kamberi and Doidge were starting to form a good partnership in pre-season but for whatever reason Hecky would not go with 2 strikers. We all now know PH was a clown.

So one hot headed manager and a clown, it’s not all Kamberi’s fault!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I don't think he's ever been a top manager. I think he's inherited one of the greatest sides in his clubs history. His last 6 months at Hibs made Heckingbottom look like Klopp.
    Last edited by Since452; 11-11-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Whilst Kamberi is no doubt a bit of a prima Donna, I think to criticise him for falling out with previous managers is a bit over the top.

When Lennon was berating him, most people felt it was harsh. Lennon was a hot head and criticised him publicly every week. Most people eventually would snap.

Hecky never gave him much of a chance when all of us could see 2 upfront was the far better option. I thought Kamberi and Doidge were starting to form a good partnership in pre-season but for whatever reason Hecky would not go with 2 strikers. We all now know PH was a clown.

So one hot headed manager and a clown, it’s not all Kamberi’s fault!
    I think there was a lot more to it behind the scenes with Hecky but regardless of all that, I hope Kamberi bangs in a hat trick next Saturday

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Are you talking about the game that Kamberi got sent off? We won 4 of the 5 games prior to that with only Kamberi up top- 3-2 Killie, 3-0 Dundee, 1-0 St Mirren, 6-0 Hamilton
    He’s talking about the game that destroyed our chance of 2nd place in May 2918.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Yes - it was an interview whilst with Albania. I dont think Kenny was in his ear Either way in any job in life its bad patter to slag off ex bosses in public. Keep your own counsel.

Fair enough, then Flo's a loose cannon who needs reigned in a bit. I retract all I've said. It's about time the Flo fellae acquainted himself with the Scottish footballing code of omerta. Silence is golden etc, etc, talking on the pitch, blah, blah. He can save his whimsical tales of crap tactics and nae clue for a SI Ferry presents in around 15 years.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I don't think he's ever been a top manager. I think he's inherited one of the greatest sides in his clubs history.
    I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s one of the best Celtic sides in the clubs history to be honest. Maybe in recent years yes but not in their history

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I think Kamberi would rather play with no manager to be honest.
    So would I if we play like Saturday every week without one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    He’s talking about the game that destroyed our chance of 2nd place in May 2918.
    But we started the next season with 5 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss in our opening 8 games- majority of those with Kamberi alone up top, it all went down hill after he got sent off at Tynie.

Following the draw at Tynie, Lennon had 12 more matches with us, 9 of those were played with two recognised strikers.
    Last edited by Hibeesmad; 11-11-2019 at 06:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    He was singled out for weeks. It was appalling man management, proof that Lennon and Parker has lost the plot.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think he said anything wrong. Just that he felt the manager didn't trust him and he wasn't told why he didn't play. Which is pretty much what all fans were saying.

He hardly tore Hecky a new one.

Some folk would have Ronaldo on the transfer list cause he has a touch of arrogance. I don't mind that in Kamberi as he generally delivers when played correctly (see the weekend).

Also, as far as I'm aware he hasn't made any public comments about Neil Lennon. Whatever happened there was behind the scenes. I haven't heard a peep out of him about Lennon's time at Hibs. Sounds pretty professional to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    How about I was part of the problem we all started the season slowly and together we can kick on.
    That's a PR drafted statement. Nothing from the heart. Nothing of the man. Bland, soulless, bollocks.

Personally I would rather not read it.

Don't see anything wrong with what he's said. Lennon was very hard on him in public and clearly Heckingbottom didn't favour him. Hope we'll see him flourish again and sign a new deal, he was fantastic on Saturday.