hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by IngolstadtHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, the blood contract?
    Well, we can strike Kennedy off the list, then.
    Because Lennon clueless without him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    If only there was a middle ground between someone who hasn’t managed before and Fenlon/Butcher/Williamson......
    Mowbray/stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Mowbray/stubbs
    You're not taking into account the hibs.net law against any former manager or player returning to Easter Road in the same capacity.

His odds have dropped a bit today but as we know that doesn't mean much

@hibs.net private member
    I think it might do on this occasion

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    His odds have dropped a bit today but as we know that doesn't mean much
    Surely just because of the story in the papers today. Should’ve got my money on this morning when he was still 9/1.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Mowbray had us playing cracking football but won nothing ultimately, collins won us the cup and then left us with some horrendous players, if we sign an inexperienced head coach then they will get my backing but again I personally dont think that's what we need just now
    I hate to break it to you but most seasons we won’t win anything, regardless of who our manager is. There is no team in Scotland out with the old firm who have consistently won trophies in over 3 decades, there just isn’t the money to compete anymore. What we can do is play good football and look to qualify consistently for Europe, something Tony Mowbray achieved.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Nowt wrong with taking ex Celtic players, coaches or managers. The last 3 have all worked out pretty well.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I hate to break it to you but most seasons we won’t win anything, regardless of who our manager is. There is no team in Scotland out with the old firm who have consistently won trophies in over 3 decades, there just isn’t the money to compete anymore. What we can do is play good football and look to qualify consistently for Europe, something Tony Mowbray achieved.
    Agree we play in a leugue where top 6 is fist target for all but the old firm .
    Not great in a leugue of 12 .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Personally I hope there is nothing in this. Don’t fancy him as our new head coach/manager. He has no experience of being a boss, we are too big and not in the right place right now to gamble on a rookie. Also this guy is Celtic through and through, don’t mind somebody who played for them like Stubbs & Mowbray but I think Kennedy is a born and bread Celt.

Left by mutual consent!
    I hadn't considered Kennedy initially but I'd be satisfied if he was appointed. The only thing I want is a coach who will try his best to entertain and get us punching our weight or preferably above it.

One thing Celtic fans love like hibs fans is good football so I'm sure JK's style would be pleasing. I couldn't give a flying **** if he's Celtic daft. If he ever gets offered the Celtic job it means he'll have done well here. The fact he's learned and played under some really good coaches would be a good thing to have around the club, then when he moves on/gets moved on then SDG/Whittaker/Daz might be ready to step in.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Thanks, I'm more than aware of that

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Thanks, I'm more than aware of that
    So why use Mowbray and not winning a trophy as a reason against hiring an inexperienced coach?

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Personally I hope there is nothing in this. Don’t fancy him as our new head coach/manager. He has no experience of being a boss, we are too big and not in the right place right now to gamble on a rookie. Also this guy is Celtic through and through, don’t mind somebody who played for them like Stubbs & Mowbray but I think Kennedy is a born and bread Celt.
    I love a punt on someone with no managerial experience.

He's spent a good amount of time learning his trade as a coach and has been around football for long enough to watch and learn from a few managers along the way.

Mowbray and Stubbs were both just waiting for the opportunity to be their own man and they both did well.

He certainly fits the bill of the type of candidate who has gone on to be successful for us in the past.

So was Lennon, and whatever other accusation one can level at him, he certainly cared. If anything, too much.

Couldn't care less who they support, or are believed to support, in their private lives

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    So why use Mowbray and not winning a trophy as a reason against hiring an inexperienced coach?
    Because I dont want an inexperienced manager coming in to the club just now, we need someone with experience of managing players at the moment, think I've made that pretty clear in other posts, and if you had noticed it wasnt me who brought mowbray into the thread, it was another poster

1011649.jpg

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Wonder who’d assist Kennedy if he got it? John Collins?

Left by mutual consent!
    Kennedy would be a very ambitious appointment it would take some attempt to get him away from Celtic.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Kennedy would be a very ambitious appointment it would take some attempt to get him away from Celtic.
    Kennedy getting some coverage in the EEN. I have a feeling he is going to be the next manager.

Left by mutual consent!

Maybe he would bring home Efe

Only if he brings super Leigh home with him. Kamberi and Griffiths up front anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Agree we play in a leugue where top 6 is fist target for all but the old firm .
    Not great in a leugue of 12 .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    For Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen, the first target should be 3rd.

Getting into the top 6 genuinely means nothing to me.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Did Kennedy actually apply? If Celtic haven’t been contacted yet and Kennedy didn’t show an interest and apply, how is he even one of the front runners yet? Does assistant and manager not fall under same “rules” as players in terms of discussing it with club before approaching individual?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Did Kennedy actually apply? If Celtic haven’t been contacted yet and Kennedy didn’t show an interest and apply, how is he even one of the front runners yet? Does assistant and manager not fall under same “rules” as players in terms of discussing it with club before approaching individual?
    Well Lennon was certainly blabbing about it yesterday.

John Kennedy and Graeme Mathie worked together at Celtic initially both in scouting and then while JK was youth team manager. You would assume that JK would not have made it this far through the process if either he or GM didn’t think they would work well together.

Secondly, JK is coming from a club with a player recruitment structure similar to our own so I’d imagine he’d be comfortable with it and understand his role within it.

John Kennedy and Graeme Mathie worked together at Celtic initially both in scouting and then while JK was youth team manager. You would assume that JK would not have made it this far through the process if either he or GM didn’t think they would work well together.

Secondly, JK is coming from a club with a player recruitment structure similar to our own so I’d imagine he’d be comfortable with it and understand his role within it.
    Hadn't realise they had worked together before but that certainly throws some weight behind kennedy

I am more excited about him than some of the usual suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Most coaches/assistants will have a clause in their contracts that if a another club approaches offering a higher position, then they are allowed to be interviewed for it, only thing Celtic could do would be offer him more cash or head coaches job.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Kennedy excites me more than Ross.