hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy?

Kennedy?

Just saw this - sorry if someone has already posted it.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50366019

2. Log in to remove the advert

Lennon says he's going nowhere

Maybe a good coach with experience working under Strachan, Rodgers and now Lennon, but I'm not sure he's got the personality to lead a team.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, the blood contract?
    Well, we can strike Kennedy off the list, then.

Blog Entries

.......... and no doubt will use personal opinions and anecdotes to persuade Kennedy to drop any interest in the job, assuming there’s an element of truth in the story.

Great experience as a player and a coach in a league that he totally understands. Plus he’s got the all important European experience on his CV too. Mowbray was a left field appointment that worked
    I’m not saying he’s my choice but he’s definitely worthy of consideration

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    It's none of his business what Kennedy wants to do or not or who or who we do not speak to.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    Great experience as a player and a coach in a league that he totally understands. Plus he’s got the all important European experience on his CV too. Mowbray was a left field appointment that worked
    I’m not saying he’s my choice but he’s definitely worthy of consideration
    Kennedy is for me, the most sensible and exciting prospect so far. I'd feel much more confident with him at the helm.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 11-11-2019 at 10:48 AM.

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    I would guess that Kennedy is being groomed to eventually take over from Lennon so doubt he'll be going anywhere.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    I would guess that Kennedy is being groomed to eventually take over from Lennon so doubt he'll be going anywhere.
    or they let him go to Hibs and see if he's got what it takes then bring him back when Lennon's gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    I would doubt that it is a very big job for your first attempt. More likely they would like him to stay to support future coaches and managers.

@hibs.net private member
    Is there anything to suggest he'd be any good? Hibs shouldn't be a place for managers who want to be Celtic manager use to get there. Would there be anyone mentioning him if he was a coach at Rangers? Really need to cut out this 'love-in' some folk have with Celtic on the Hibs forums.

Would be an awful choice for manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Is there anything to suggest he'd be any good? Hibs shouldn't be a place for managers who want to be Celtic manager use to get there. Would there be anyone mentioning him if he was a coach at Rangers? Really need to cut out this 'love-in' some folk have with Celtic on the Hibs forums.

I agree. Kennedy might be a decent coach but so was Ian Cathro. I really dont want more Celtic nonsense in press conferences etc. If someone is coming to be Hibs manager I want it to be someone who really really wants to be Hibs manager and this is their dream job.

If he was linked with the job then probably, yes. People really need to cut-out this "love-in" talk anytime someone connected to Celtic is mentioned.

On your second line, I keep seeing people coming out with these bold and definite statements on a number of potential managers. How do you know it would be an "awful choice"?

Why would he be an awful choice for manger? you ask if there is anything to suggest he'd be any good? what is there to suggest he would be awful?

Anyone take Kennedy with Strachan in a more upstairs role ? Did Leeann not say recently the managerial change gives us the chance to do something different. Ie a coach and director of football say.

Not sure where that would leave Mathie right enough.

Why would he be awful? Is it much different from Stubbs or Mowbray?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    It's none of his business what Kennedy wants to do or not or who or who we do not speak to.

Exactly and if Kennedy did come Lennon can always turn to Parker

Left by mutual consent!
    Appointing a manager who is currently out of a job failed at what they do, an up and coming coach might well work... it is after all a head coach we're employing... we'll not be challenging celtic anytime soon, outwith cups, so why not use their expertise and experience...if that's a love in so be it.... we will be a stepping stone for players n managers alike, its only us fans that stay...

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I agree. Kennedy might be a decent coach but so was Ian Cathro. I really dont want more Celtic nonsense in press conferences etc. If someone is coming to be Hibs manager I want it to be someone who really really wants to be Hibs manager and this is their dream job.
    So it's Yogi again, or Kano?

People need to realise that clubs like Hibs, hearts, Aberdeen etc have a normal managerial expectancy of about 5 years maximum. In that time, they have either made a complete arse of things and will have been given their jotters, or have made a success of it and will be headhunted by club down south. There will be the odd one who maybe has family ties in Scotland and doesn't want to move for those reasons and will maybe be a bit more fussy on the job offers that come in for him. You might also be at a club who are happy just to be mid table, fighting for the top 6 each season, e,g, St Johnstone, good enough for that particular club but not good enough to raise eyebrows of managerless clubs in engerlund.

I have no opinion on Kennedy in particular, just saying if he (or anybody similar) was a success with Hibs then it would be good for us and it wouldn't be too long before he would be on his way somewhere, ala Stubbs. We may well be a big club in Scotland, but on the financial front, we are nobodies compared to what is on offer down south.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    So it's Yogi again, or Kano?

People need to realise that clubs like Hibs, hearts, Aberdeen etc have a normal managerial expectancy of about 5 years maximum. In that time, they have either made a complete arse of things and will have been given their jotters, or have made a success of it and will be headhunted by club down south. There will be the odd one who maybe has family ties in Scotland and doesn't want to move for those reasons and will maybe be a bit more fussy on the job offers that come in for him. You might also be at a club who are happy just to be mid table, fighting for the top 6 each season, e,g, St Johnstone, good enough for that particular club but not good enough to raise eyebrows of managerless clubs in engerlund.

I have no opinion on Kennedy in particular, just saying if he (or anybody similar) was a success with Hibs then it would be good for us and it wouldn't be too long before he would be on his way somewhere, ala Stubbs. We may well be a big club in Scotland, but on the financial front, we are nobodies compared to what is on offer down south.
    No, they don't have to be a Hibby. I want someone who recognises the size of the club and the potential it has. Not someone who is already planning their next move.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No, they don't have to be a Hibby. I want someone who recognises the size of the club and the potential it has. Not someone who is already planning their next move.
    You have no idea what Kennedy thinks about the3 size of Hibs or what his next move might be.

Like a few others, I don't know that much about Kennedy, what kind of personality he is, but he has credentials that might suit our club.

Coaching career.

After retiring as a player, Kennedy became a first team scout for Celtic in 2010, working in this capacity for the club until 2011, travelling around Europe to help find new players for the club.

Kennedy gained coaching qualifications and worked as a coach with the club's U19 squad in season 2011-12, and the Development Squad (reserve team) from 2012 to 2014. He lead the Celtic youth team to a league an cup double in 2011–12 and 2012–13 and a third straight title in 2013–14. Kennedy also oversaw the Under-19 team compete in the NextGen Series in 2011–12, a pan-European competition for youth teams.[52]
    He became first team coach in 2014 after the appointment of Ronny Deila as manager,[54][55] winning the Scottish league championship in each of Deila's two seasons in charge, as well as the Scottish League Cup in 2014–15.[56] He continued in the role under Brendan Rodgers from 2016, and Celtic won domestic trebles in both 2016–17 and 2017–18.[57] In February 2019, Kennedy was promoted to assistant manager when Neil Lennon replaced Rodgers as manager.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    If Kennedy states that he would like to talk to Hibs then I seriously doubt there is anything Lennon or Celtic would do to stand in his way.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Honestly have no idea who he is?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Honestly have no idea who he is?
    Read two posts before you posted

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    You have no idea what Kennedy thinks about the3 size of Hibs or what his next move might be.

Like a few others, I don't know that much about Kennedy, what kind of personality he is, but he has credentials that might suit our club.

Coaching career.

After retiring as a player, Kennedy became a first team scout for Celtic in 2010, working in this capacity for the club until 2011, travelling around Europe to help find new players for the club.

Kennedy gained coaching qualifications and worked as a coach with the club's U19 squad in season 2011-12, and the Development Squad (reserve team) from 2012 to 2014. He lead the Celtic youth team to a league an cup double in 2011–12 and 2012–13 and a third straight title in 2013–14. Kennedy also oversaw the Under-19 team compete in the NextGen Series in 2011–12, a pan-European competition for youth teams.[52]
    He became first team coach in 2014 after the appointment of Ronny Deila as manager,[54][55] winning the Scottish league championship in each of Deila's two seasons in charge, as well as the Scottish League Cup in 2014–15.[56] He continued in the role under Brendan Rodgers from 2016, and Celtic won domestic trebles in both 2016–17 and 2017–18.[57] In February 2019, Kennedy was promoted to assistant manager when Neil Lennon replaced Rodgers as manager.
    This.

We should be developing our own coaches
    David Gray Darren McGregor Steven Whittaker should be on the payroll
    gaining their coaching badges
    visiting top clubs and coaches
    creating a seamless transition when someone leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I would doubt that it is a very big job for your first attempt. More likely they would like him to stay to support future coaches and managers.
    Remind me what Lennon's 1st managerial role was again?

I've no idea whether he's got what it takes to be the 1st team manager and thus figurehead of the good ship Hibernian. Personally I'd prefer us to broaden our horizons and look beyond these shores, or at least from the proverbial "left field" for our next manager purely for some new ideas/different POV that would hopefully be brought in by an outsider.

Quite happy to wait and see - a well timed (for a change) international break gives us a little bit of breathing space.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IngolstadtHarry View Post
    Ah, the blood contract?
    Well, we can strike Kennedy off the list, then.
    😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Todi114 View Post
    We should be developing our own coaches
    David Gray Darren McGregor Steven Whittaker should be on the payroll
    gaining their coaching badges
    visiting top clubs and coaches
    creating a seamless transition when someone leaves
    I agree with this. St Johnstone have worked that way for years with the exception of Steve Lomas and they've been punching well above their weight for well over a decade, European football and even winning a Scottish Cup!

Coyle - promoted
    McInness - promoted
    Lomas - brought in
    Wright - promoted

Add in Callum Davidson who became a really good coach.

You'd expect Alec Cleland or Alan Maybury to be promoted to manager once Wright leaves. They've got it spot on.

I know St Johnstone work to a tiny budget so suits them to promote but it breeds continuity throughout the club without any major upheaval when someone moves on. Certainly worked for them.