hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Kennedy?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know one who goes to all home and and away games and wanted Ross to stay. So every Sunderland fan I know wanted him to stay.
    Maybe he did. But you might want to have a look at what most of the others are saying. Like I said, I will back him if he gets it obviously, but from what Sunderland fans are saying I am worried about getting him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Wireless View Post
    let’s face it if money is everything in football and Celtic wanted Kennedy to stay Hibs we’re never at the races. Looks like our biscuit tin mentality rewards us with a 2nd choice again. Let’s hope the appointment is better than our last one.
    That literally makes no sense.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875Hibees View Post
    Maybe he did. But you might want to have a look at what most of the others are saying. Like I said, I will back him if he gets it obviously, but from what Sunderland fans are saying I am worried about getting him.
    Well how about if he’s appointed and loses a couple of games you can come on and tell us all that you never rated him from the start?

let’s face it if money is everything in football and Celtic wanted Kennedy to stay Hibs we’re never at the races. Looks like our biscuit tin mentality rewards us with a 2nd choice again. Let’s hope the appointment is better than our last one.
    😂😂 what a load of crap, how can you say that when you don’t even know if we wanted him, got that far in the discussions if so? Baffles me why some fans want to construct a negative story when they know hee haw about whats going on, what’s the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Well how about if he’s appointed and loses a couple of games you can come on and tell us all that you never rated him from the start?
    I don’t know why you would post this I don’t see an issue with what the poster you quoted has said, I actually feel a similar way and I’m sure there are a lot of others who have the same concerns. I would take no pleasure if it didn’t work out and saying I had my doubts but doesn’t stop me from being honest and saying I do have doubts about JR from his Sunderland time.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We didn’t even make an official approach. The Sun reporting he made it clear he would like to stay at Celtc before we got that far.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I don’t know why you would post this I don’t see an issue with what the poster you quoted has said, I actually feel a similar way and I’m sure there are a lot of others who have the same concerns. I would take no pleasure if it didn’t work out and saying I had my doubts but doesn’t stop me from being honest and saying I do have doubts about JR from his Sunderland time.
    I posted it cos all we get is folk desperate to criticise the club and start the next campaign to sack the manager - it’s a race to get in first and now we’ve got folk not wanting him before he’s got the job. All in attempt to be able to claim superior knowledge at a later date.

Wee bit boring. Just support whoever the next manager is until he makes a mess of it or does well and bumps us for an English team.

First Team Breakthrough
    What are you even talking about? If appointed I would love him to be a success but it dosent mean that I dont have reservations about him after his time at Sunderland. Is that not allowed?

Being honest I'm not overly fussed on this. It looks bad missing out on what looks like might have been our first choice (again) but the guy only recently became the assistant at Celtic and while I appreciate he is considered a prospective coach for the future I'm not so sure a 36 year old that played about 50 competitive league games and has about 9 months experience of seniority over a first team squad is the guy we should look to right now.

Maybe in 3 or so more years time he'll be ready to make that jump but it's not the right time for him, maybe he also thinks that way.

@hibs.net private member
    What are you even talking about? If appointed I would love him to be a success but it dosent mean that I dont have reservations about him after his time at Sunderland. Is that not allowed?
    I’m talking about Jack Ross (on the Kennedy thread...)

I may be taking it out on you in error and I apologise if I have but it feels like folk love to dwell on negativity and are desperate to be seen as the first to say someone is a bad manager. Then they don’t support them when in the job and spread more negativity as they go along.

First Team Breakthrough
    I’m talking about Jack Ross (on the Kennedy thread...)

I may be taking it out on you in error and I apologise if I have but it feels like folk love to dwell on negativity and are desperate to be seen as the first to say someone is a bad manager. Then they don’t support them when in the job and spread more negativity as they go along.
    Defo not me. I will be gutted if its Ross and it dosent work out. I dont want him due to the football he apparently played at Sunderland but as I have said I will obviously support him. Dosent mean that I cant not want a manager though. Thats what the club will be doing aswell, as they look through the applications.

@hibs.net private member
    Defo not me. I will be gutted if its Ross and it dosent work out. I dont want him due to the football he apparently played at Sunderland but as I have said I will obviously support him. Dosent mean that I cant not want a manager though. Thats what the club will be doing aswell, as they look through the applications.
    Fair enough. But you don’t want a manager based on a perception rather than the club who will be basing it on interviews, references etc.

I posted it cos all we get is folk desperate to criticise the club and start the next campaign to sack the manager - it’s a race to get in first and now we’ve got folk not wanting him before he’s got the job. All in attempt to be able to claim superior knowledge at a later date.

Wee bit boring. Just support whoever the next manager is until he makes a mess of it or does well and bumps us for an English team.
    Agree 100% with everything you say, it does get tiresome some of the negative stuff. I’m not being negative when I say I’m not fussed for JR it’s just my opinion but I’d back him to the hilt like any other manager working to make our club successful, I do get some folk just want to moan and say I told you so, I didn’t see it that way with the poster but I might be wrong 👍

First Team Breakthrough
    Fair enough. But you don’t want a manager based on a perception rather than the club who will be basing it on interviews, references etc.
    Yeah maybe. But it dosent mean the opinions of the Sunderland fans who watched his team every week are wrong. People have different opinions of course but most Sunderland fans agree that his style of football was horrible. All I want is a manager who will have us playing good football and that will make us exciting to watch again. If Jack Ross is appointed I hope he is that and I was wrong about not wanting him.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah maybe. But it dosent mean the opinions of the Sunderland fans who watched his team every week are wrong. People have different opinions of course but most Sunderland fans agree that his style of football was horrible. All I want is a manager who will have us playing good football and that will make us exciting to watch again. If Jack Ross is appointed I hope he is that and I was wrong about not wanting him.
    Same here. I just don’t listen to other fans’ opinions very often - they’re annoyed cos he never got them up so there’s a backlash. :

Same here. I just don’t listen to other fans’ opinions very often - they’re annoyed cos he never got them up so there’s a backlash. :
    The amount of draws they had mate especially from winning positions was a worrying sign and can understand them being peeved.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    The amount of draws they had mate especially from winning positions was a worrying sign and can understand them being peeved.
    Aye on the face if it that’s not great but we don’t know much (if anything) about the circumstances behind the scenes or what the players part in this was.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    For 5 months it was a joy watching Hibs under Lennon i agree with that.
    Except going to Tynie twice and ****ting the bed, going out the cup and losing 2nd. He never got it right there. Could've won the cup that season for sure.

We were excellent then and it's definitely a highlight but he made a mess of the summer and ended up punted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Kennedy would have been a apprenticeship to go back to Celtic
    Totally agree. I find the whole Hibs feeder club for Celtic galling. If he was a roaring success at Hibs (which we'd all want) then Celtic would simply pop along and lift him from us. But it looks like they're still smarting from the SJM embarrassment and would have done everything then can to prevent Kennedy from moving to us.

Just wish Hibs were able to manage the noise (media) a bit better or at least anticipated Celtic playing hardball. Here we go again with the perception (rightly or wrongly) that Hibs have cheaped out again, failed to land their No 1 target and will have to "settle" for some 2nd choice option. Given the Lennon sacking and Heckingbottom farce, we could have done without all this Kennedy stuff. What we need as much as anything is decisive, ambitious action from our new owner that shows real intent. Something to fire the imagination.

Left by mutual consent!
    Absolute guff. It was highly ambitious to go for Kennedy but as it’s been pointed out he would never be leaving Celtic, having turned down the chance to go to Leicester to stay with them to become the manager here, in fact not even become the manager here but indicate to Celtic he wanted to even speak to us if he was on a shortlist.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Absolute guff. It was highly ambitious to go for Kennedy but as it’s been pointed out he would never be leaving Celtic, having turned down the chance to go to Leicester to stay with them to become the manager here, in fact not even become the manager here but indicate to Celtic he wanted to even speak to us if he was on a shortlist.
    Both of those can't be true.

might be wrong, and i do know there has been others that have done well at an early age, but i think 36 is too young to be a top tier manager.

@hibs.net private member
    I think people overrate who John Kennedy is. I know folk seem to think everything that comes out of Celtic must be great, but really it’s not. The guy has a job for life at Celtic because of a horrible unfortunate career ending injury. There nothing to suggest he’d be any good. I’d call it one of the less ambitious moves we could have made.

Thankfully it’s not happening and we don’t have to put up with the patronising love in with Celtic that Kennedy would no doubt have brought with him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Both of those can't be true.
    Why not? We tried to tempt him (possibly) he wasn’t willing to entertain it. Even the media reporting we had approached Celtic and they accept would taint Kennedy’s relationship with Celtic. He’s much more to lose than gain taking the job and fk being celtics bitch to give him work experience with a couple of loan players to help him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    might be wrong, and i do know there has been others that have done well at an early age, but i think 36 is too young to be a top tier manager.
    Alex Neil is 39. He relegated us 5 years ago.

Kennedy is different, unique because he was a top player, going to be amazing until the Romanian done him at Hampden and from 23 he’s been a coach. He’s got the respect of a top player but the experience of coaching and managing.

Blog Entries
    As far as I am aware, and I think I have reasons to be fairly confident in my assumptions, Jack Ross, at the start of the process, was and still is Hibs first choice. Kennedy, again as far as am aware, isn’t, and never really was, a key player in the process. Ross, based on perceptions of his time at Sunderland, is, understandably, not everybody’s cup of tea but I don’t think his potential tenure of the Hibs job should be diminished or even dismissed by folk whose heads were turned at the mention of another possible candidate which has, apparently, turned out to be nothing more than a distraction.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    As far as I am aware, and I think I have reasons to be fairly confident in my assumptions, Jack Ross, at the start of the process, was and still is Hibs first choice. Kennedy, again as far as am aware, isn’t, and never really was, a key player in the process. Ross, based on perceptions of his time at Sunderland, is, understandably, not everybody’s cup of tea but I don’t think his potential tenure of the Hibs job should be diminished or even dismissed by folk whose heads were turned at the mention of another possible candidate which has, apparently, turned out to be nothing more than a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Alex Neil is 39. He relegated us 5 years ago.

Kennedy is different, unique because he was a top player, going to be amazing until the Romanian done him at Hampden and from 23 he’s been a coach. He’s got the respect of a top player but the experience of coaching and managing.
    We relegated us, not Alex Neil.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    We relegated us, not Alex Neil.
    Exactly.

That one was one of the bleakest days I've ever known as a Hibs supporter and I've known quite a few!

Blog Entries
    No. But 1. He would have been coached up with attacking football in mind at Celtic. 2. He wouldent have a reputation for horrendous football like Jack Ross does.

St Mirren won the Championship & gained more points/scored more goals than we did in our winning season under NL.