hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Daily Record- Keith Jackson

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...budge-20856213

Came across an article this morning by Keith Jackson, talking about Dempster and Budge and the current mess that both clubs are in. Some of the comments he makes are abysmal.

One that I found particularly absurd-
    It almost feels as if they deserve be treated more gently than all the other decision makers and shot callers up and down Scottish football simply because of their gender, which is a fundamental unfairness and a form of discrimination in itself.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Does that guy still get the benefit of oxygen on here? Or the rag for that matter? Was there not calls for banning them from ER?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Budge stepped in and saved them from collapsing as a club, we didn’t even have a full team when Leeann took over and has overseen promotion, a cup win, unbroken top six finishes and players like McGinn, McGeouch, Allan etc.

Patronising, outdated drivel. If the men in suits at Ibrox had her mettle and business sense then they may not be losing millions a year again.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Can’t we just call out the article which are so obviously stirring it up for stirring ups sake. 8-9 out of 10 articles from that man (actually is a qualified journalist which makes his behaviour worse imo)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    We should of banned them after the lies they printed after cup final.

That article is ridiculous. How that made it thru editing ill never know

He’s still raging about the cup final. Has he ever apologised for claiming all eleven RNgers players were attacked yet?

An absolutely imposter of a journalist.

I’m sure we’ll invite them into HTC for another exclusive and be all pally again. ******** of a man.

@hibs.net private member
    He’s the newspaper equivalent of a radio “shock jock”. Best ignored.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I'm not clicking on that link or any other DR link for that matter.

Pure clickbait.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Neeandra...
    Niandrith....
    Neander....

F.... it - he comes across as a backward sexist git who'd be better off being time-travelled back to the fifties.

Ignore him.

He thrives on the reaction he gets from this type of thing and absolutely revels in it on Twitter.

Don't give the sad, attention seeking muppet the oxygen of publicity he so obviously craves.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It almost feels as if they deserve be treated more gently than all the other decision makers and shot callers up and down Scottish football simply because of their gender, which is a fundamental unfairness and a form of discrimination in itself.
    He's got that completely wrong. Women in positions of power are subjected to a higher level of scrutiny than their male counterparts.

How Jackson wasn't sacked in the wake of the 2016 Scottish Cup final I'll never know

He's an absolute roaster of the highest order. What's more annoying is he is capable of decent stuff. He seems to be a dinosaur of a guy with a particular dislike of Edinburgh. Budge and Dempster got the manager appts wrong,they have realised this and are trying to rectify it. Without budge Hertz would have been in the biggest poo possible and Stubbs said he wouldn't have taken the job if he had known how bad a state we are in. I'm amazed they let this go to print. They must be losing loads of readers in East Scotland.
    Last edited by mjhibby; 11-11-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Came across an article this morning by Keith Jackson, talking about Dempster and Budge and the current mess that both clubs are in. Some of the comments he makes are abysmal.

You beat me to it.
    I’d just copied the same paragraph.
    Who feels they should be treated differently because they are women?
    Obviously Keith Jackson. But he gets over his squeamishness pretty well.
    This is a quite disgusting little article and he should be pilloried for it, as should the DR for printing such rubbish.
    The whole tone of the article is snide and somehow full of resentment toward Hibs and Hearts. He also points to Leanne’s blunder at sacking Lennon, listening outside the door shaking her head at his language and now look he’s ripping up big European teams!
    IMO that was right at the time, however sad it was. The team was in disarray (no mention of that).
    He harps on that they’ve got to do something now.
    Well are they not doing something Keith?
    Looking for new managers, now both on the back of much needed wins!
    Jeez. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
    There’s lots more I’d like to say but I can’t use industrial language.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Neeandra...
    Niandrith....
    Neander....

F.... it - he comes across as a backward sexist git who'd be better off being time-travelled back to the fifties.
    Hahaha
    Well said
    An absolute git of an excuse for a journalist

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Who actually reads the Daily Record?

Tragic excuse for journalism. Record GTF.

Blog Entries

“It almost feels ........ “. to whom? Ya muppet! Even by his standards, that is the most drivel I’ve read in the media for years.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Neeandra...
    Niandrith....
    Neander....

Yep. Here we are nearly into the third decade of the 21st century and we still have an allegedly "national" newspaper allowing a voice to a sectarian, bigoted, sexist nonentity.

You beat me to it.
    I’d just copied the same paragraph.
    Who feels they should be treated differently because they are women?
    Obviously Keith Jackson. But he gets over his squeamishness pretty well.
    This is a quite disgusting little article and he should be pilloried for it, as should the DR for printing such rubbish.
    The whole tone of the article is snide and somehow full of resentment toward Hibs and Hearts. He also points to Leanne’s blunder at sacking Lennon, listening outside the door shaking her head at his language and now look he’s ripping up big European teams!
    IMO that was right at the time, however sad it was. The team was in disarray (no mention of that).
    He harps on that they’ve got to do something now.
    Well are they not doing something Keith?
    Looking for new managers, now both on the back of much needed wins!
    Jeez. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
    There’s lots more I’d like to say but I can’t use industrial language.

Left by mutual consent!
    "it almost feels", actually means "it doesn't feel." The Man is an utter weasel.

So, while saying they don't benefit from discrimination, he makes it sound like they do.

The Man is almost a wife beating aberration of humanity, who might have pulled wings off butterflies when he was a nipper.
    Last edited by Cataplana; 11-11-2019 at 08:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Yep. Here we are nearly into the third decade of the 21st century and we still have an allegedly "national" newspaper allowing a voice to a sectarian, bigoted, sexist nonentity.
    Nonentities everywhere will be outraged at being linked with this throwback follower of the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Always been a bottom feeder, wish we'd ban this filth from Easter road.

Dempster will probably invite him back in for another behind the scenes exclusive tour of EM

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry to say it but he has problems. So highly opinionated and unprofessional. He doesn't report, he invents stories. He wouldn't be in the job if it didn't entertain the clientele through in Glasgow.

Sad state of affairs when you consider a lot of people vote based on what they read in these awful pieces of toilet paper masquerading as news.

Left by mutual consent!
    Tabloid filth like the Daily Record are thankful a dying breed, wouldn't let my dog wipe its arse on it.

Left by mutual consent!

This article's noting more than a -

'Neil - look what I wrote for you, mate, I really stuck it to her just for you, Neil !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    He's got that completely wrong. Women in positions of power are subjected to a higher level of scrutiny than their male counterparts.

Like Angie Merkel...and she's done a beter job than any British 'Leaders' recently.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    I've no doubt that this will be even more true in football. There are barely any women working in men's football and this cretin's contribution is that women are getting it too easy? What an absolute tool of a man.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Jackson is a prize plum. Is that what he does when he's not bullying wee schoolboys on twitter? Probably written in crayon before getting approval from the comms dept at Ibrox.