hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing wrong with the comment it is true.

He was lucky it was a weak shot and lucky it broke very kindly for him that is true. The rest may or may
    Not be
    Agree I though here we go again when he fluffed the first shot. Luck went is way as I think goalie expecting him to bury or put in the corner of the net. Glad he got rebound and put away. Confidence rocketed after that with flick for second and bullet header. Long may it continue.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I liked the fact that Allan was moaning at pretty much everybody for the full game yesterday. Over the last few weeks he’s looked fed up, frustrated with things or whatever you want to call it. Yesterday he was demanding the ball and wasn’t happy when he didn’t get it or a pass was misplaced. That’s how we need him to be.

Was also noticeable that, 3 or 4 times during the game, it was him that the bench were shouting over to pass on instruction. If we get things together Allan can be a real leader in this team.
    Love that boy - nice balanced individual. Learnt from his mistakes. Surely knocking on Scotland squad.

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=Arch Stanton;5986884]Hardly weak if the keeper couldn't handle it. Balls break off outfield players, not goalies.[/QUOTE. Thought Maxwell flapped at a few crosses. He is an ok keeper but I much prefer Rocky.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    [QUOTE=southsider;5986897]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Hardly weak if the keeper couldn't handle it. Balls break off outfield players, not goalies.[/QUOTE. Thought Maxwell flapped at a few crosses. He is an ok keeper but I much prefer Rocky.
    Deserved to be dropped

Up to him to fight his way back in and take his chance when it comes

4 League games 13 goals lost

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Jonnyboy, didn’t see you yesterday, but watched it again, and you appeared on camera just before the 2nd half started
    See you also made Hibs twitter too, won’t embarrass you by posting a link

Doige was lucky at his first goal and he said so himself, it was a weak shot that the keeper should have done better with. But all strikers need luck and it was time his changed ... besides that there was nothing lucky about the next two

The first half hour was as good as we've played this season and for the rest of the game we seemed in control which was excellent to see, but we still had our fair share of misplaced passes and players taking the wrong option ... if we want to improve things to the stage where we get results like yesterday regularly we need to keep such things to a minimum, which I suppose is stating the obvious.

That aside what a difference to the last 3 months that performance was, if we can play like that regularly all of the depressing talk about next years season ticket sales bombing will go out the window

Good report as ever - only saw the highlights, we looked decent and clearly deserved to win by as much as we did - personally I wouldn't get too excited about beating a very poor St Johnstone, Good to get 3 points away from home, would be good to see the team go on a run and pick up some points and confidence

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=southsider;5986897][QUOTE=Arch Stanton;5986884]Hardly weak if the keeper couldn't handle it. Balls break off outfield players, not goalies.[/QUOTE.

Christian said himself that he d8dn't hit his shot properly. The keeper should have saved it but that's maybe the break he needed. His next 2 were terrific striker's goals. Really pleased for him.

[QUOTE=brog;5987029][QUOTE=southsider;5986897]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Hardly weak if the keeper couldn't handle it. Balls break off outfield players, not goalies.[/QUOTE.

Christian said himself that he d8dn't hit his shot properly. The keeper should have saved it but that's maybe the break he needed. His next 2 were terrific striker's goals. Really pleased for him.
    I think every striker needs a wee bit of luck and he's had the exact opposite. Delighted for him. He's never hidden in games just not had the rub of the green.

Blog Entries
    Thanks John. On the matchday thread someone commented negatively on Scott Allan's performance, just before he scored! Having watched the game on Alba I saw Scott do some excellent things in the 1st half but in particular his step over which took 2 defenders out & almost brought Christian a 1st half hat trick. I haven't seen that contribution from Scotty mentioned elsewhere so thought I would highlight!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Thanks John. On the matchday thread someone commented negatively on Scott Allan's performance, just before he scored! Having watched the game on Alba I saw Scott do some excellent things in the 1st half but in particular his step over which took 2 defenders out & almost brought Christian a 1st half hat trick. I haven't seen that contribution from Scotty mentioned elsewhere so thought I would highlight!
    Allan ran the game in the 2nd half, everything went through him

For the first time this season our defence was getting tight on the opposition,picking up the ball and going forward with it.Can only think Hecky instructed standing off,jockeying and staying back.

Testimonial Due
    Thanks Jonnyboy