hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naismith

Naismith

No, not the horrible maroon one

It might get lost with all the plaudits for Doige today, but Jason was my MOTM today. Totally solid from start to finish and never gave Saints wide men an inch all afternoon.

He proved the quality and ability he has, hopefully he can establish himself in the starting XI going forward from here

2. Log in to remove the advert

Spot on. He was superb and looks like he's match fit now. Strong, quick and tackled excellently.

Kamberi motm for me if not Doidge for his hatty. Thought Naismith was good aswell hopefully we see a settled team and they keep improving and building relationships.

No failures in today’s team for the first time in probably all season.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Best game so far for Hibs. He was fantastic. Got an assist too.

He was hard as nails in that first half especially. Really enjoyed watching him today.

Testimonial Due
    Yep, great performance, tough tackling and a good ball to Flo in the build up to the second

Actually think he's been good since coming in, found people calling him awful very bizarre. He was David Gray without the glass legs today. Excellent.

First Team Breakthrough
    I thought they were all fantastic and shows what two up front can do... imagine if playing two up front most week where would we be... my only worry was Newell.. don’t think he was great today

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought they were all fantastic and shows what two up front can do... imagine if playing two up front most week where would we be... my only worry was Newell.. don’t think he was great today

Disagree. I’ve been one of Joe Newell’s biggest critics on here but even I have to hold my hands up and say he worked hard today and was unlucky not to have scored two goals today as well. Much better than what we’ve seen from him so far.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 09-11-2019 at 06:26 PM.

No failures today but think most people agreeing that Doidge, Kamberi and Naismith the stand outs.

I kind of knew the front 2 would do well if ever paired but Naismith’s performance was a massive bonus for many reasons. I thought he was absolutely top drawer.

He played well nothing wrong with his performance today, won’t get a fair assessment from some who have made their mind up on him imo

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Naismith was excellent today. Could've done with him last week.

Best defenders performance i’ve seen in a Hibs shirt for a long while. Authoritive, aggressive, decisiveness and a really good footballer.

If he’s that good, we’ve got a real replacement for SDG.

Good to hear that he played well, what I've seen of him at ER was that he drifts so far away from right back for long periods .

In the first half, probably noticed it just because he was playing in front of us, he didn’t just want to tackle the winger. He wanted to smash them out of the ground, every time. I liked that.

I like Naismith as I wanted us to sign him from Ross County. Hope he comes good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    In the first half, probably noticed it just because he was playing in front of us, he didn’t just want to tackle the winger. He wanted to smash them out of the ground, every time. I liked that.
    Yeah I noticed that it’s that great art for a dirty ******* wait that extra second until you put the tackle in for maximum smashidge 😂

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    No, not the horrible maroon one

It might get lost with all the plaudits for Doige today, but Jason was my MOTM today. Totally solid from start to finish and never gave Saints wide men an inch all afternoon.

He proved the quality and ability he has, hopefully he can establish himself in the starting XI going forward from here
    He would have been mine too but it had to be Doidge for his hat trick.

Left by mutual consent!
    Newell worked his socks off. It couldn’t be easy for him being in and out of squads and the boy who brings you to a new country gets punted. Good show of faith from management today and it was justified.

Naismith was outstanding today. Solid at the back and brilliant going forward, great determination to link with Flo’ before the second.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    😂 He had them shttng themselves to take him on after a few of those brilliant tackles. If they ran away, he followed them right up their @rses, all the way to the touch line sometimes. Hibs need defenders of this standard so badly.

Some of his defending in 1 v 1 scenarios was fantastic. Stood up and stood his ground, was solid and looked like their winger was running out of ideas.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Actually think he's been good since coming in, found people calling him awful very bizarre. He was David Gray without the glass legs today. Excellent.
    Hang your head ( no pun ) in shame . Sir David G is a immortal Cup sinning Legend.
    Yes Naismith was good today but cmon, he’s got a fair bit to go until he reaches SDG status. 👍
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

We should be trying to keep him permanently IMO. Proven at this level, the perfect age and experience to replace the immortal Sir Dave IMO. (not as club captain of course)

Flo’s comment were really telling in the post match interview when he said the players were told to do basic stuff, not complicated stuff today. I think PHeckingbottom told the defenders to stand off attackers rather than commit to a good hearty tackle. It was probably a big relief to them to just go out and do what comes naturally.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    We should be trying to keep him permanently IMO. Proven at this level, the perfect age and experience to replace the immortal Sir Dave IMO. (not as club captain of course)
    I agree. We could get years out of Naismith, although a good season here could have Peterborough pricing us out of a move.

@hibs.net private member
    It makes such a difference when a defender tackles rather than "jockey" the winger

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    It makes such a difference when a defender tackles rather than "jockey" the winger
    That is true today but against good wingers who will skin you if you dive in? Not so much. Its about defending each situation properly, both are important at different times. Main thing today was the help the midfield offered, allowing the fullbacks to be aggressive.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    That is true today but against good wingers who will skin you if you dive in? Not so much. Its about defending each situation properly, both are important at different times. Main thing today was the help the midfield offered, allowing the fullbacks to be aggressive.
    I appreciate that but James would happily Jockey his winger from the half way line to the 18 yard box.
    Naismith looks more solid and is a very big body to have in the box.

out of curiosity who would you prefer at right back?

Also the fullbacks seemed to have more cover that Horgan and Mallan weren't on the wings.

cracking result at a venue which has been difficult for many a year

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Agree, he was superb today.

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    I appreciate that but James would happily Jockey his winger from the half way line to the 18 yard box.
    Naismith looks more solid and is a very big body to have in the box.

out of curiosity who would you prefer at right back?

Also the fullbacks seemed to have more cover that Horgan and Mallan weren't on the wings.

cracking result at a venue which has been difficult for many a year
    I prefer Naismith because I think he's a better player, especially physically, but that isn't because of James style. The best fullbacks do both well.