hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naismith

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I appreciate that but James would happily Jockey his winger from the half way line to the 18 yard box.
    Naismith looks more solid and is a very big body to have in the box.

out of curiosity who would you prefer at right back?

Also the fullbacks seemed to have more cover that Horgan and Mallan weren't on the wings.

cracking result at a venue which has been difficult for many a year
    Think we are very well covered at right back all 3 vying for one position ...James can cover left back as well, I think he is a really decent player great passer and reading of the game, needs to get a grip on the physical side of the game up her and could well succeed Lewis ..!!

Great point about the better cover from midfield with no Mallan or Horgan a lot more solid and more of a presence, Mallan maybe a good footballer but he has been like a man short in every game this season he has played ...just not got the mobility or physical presence to play in a midfield role as a starter ..sub yes but that's about it !!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I agree. We could get years out of Naismith, although a good season here could have Peterborough pricing us out of a move.
    If his form continues, it makes a lot more sense to try and tie up a deal for him in January, rather than wait. Don’t want another situation in the summer playing cat and mouse.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Good to hear that he played well, what I've seen of him at ER was that he drifts so far away from right back for long periods .
    He didn’t that against Ross County so many times I lost count.

Yesterday he was much more disciplined and coped with their winger very well.

Must admit though that while he played very well I kind of always thought he was gonna get skinned or half the boy with a late lunge. But on each occasion he proved me wrong by somehow getting a great block in or a toe to the ball.

So aye he contributed a lot yesterday but let’s just say I’m not convinced yet.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    He didn’t that against Ross County so many times I lost count.

Yesterday he was much more disciplined and coped with their winger very well.

Must admit though that while he played very well I kind of always thought he was gonna get skinned or half the boy with a late lunge. But on each occasion he proved me wrong by somehow getting a great block in or a toe to the ball.

So aye he contributed a lot yesterday but let’s just say I’m not convinced yet.
    Thoughthe played well yesterday. Made allot of blocks, he probably set tw tone with a big tackle in the corner at the beginning of the game. The tackle seemed to lift the crowd and the players.

At times I thought he looked a tad slow, maybe it Ian because he is such a big lad though.

Later in the game he had some very good runs with the ball in to St Johnstone half.