hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    had a bit of a mare in Aberdeen , which gave many of us doubts about him. He's still to convince as far as I am concerned but to score 3 yesterday is a bloody good start. well done big man

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Great game today... 3/3

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Im delighted for doidge, his confidence will have taken a battering over the last few weeks and i was a critic as well (think most of us were) hopefully he can kick on from this, great result and team effort 👏

Testimonial Due
    I met him in Sainsbury's tonight. My wife was not looking so I slipped a bottle of finest Bordeaux into his shopping bag.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There ye go Can hardly believe I put the bet on.

Hard to tell from the highlights, but I think it was the perfect hatrick. Left, right and head.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Delighted for him. He’s nowhere as near as bad as has been made out and I’ve said all season I reckon he’ll come good. Hopefully he can kick on now.

His movement for the second goal was excellent good centre forward play, pick if the bunch for me.

i said on another thread a few months back i fancied him to be out top scorer this season. he's got a fair chance now
    Well done big man

@hibs.net private member
    His movement has always been an asset.

Know it’s a minority view but I (and maybe one other person on the train back from Pitoddrie) thought he had a good gave. S Aberdeen and created all the chances with his movement - sidefoots one to Scotty Allen and that would have been it - game over.

But he has desperately needed support up front and Flo provided this is spades. Great to see.

Well done CD. Excellent performance.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Slated him more than most on here but credit where it’s due and fingers crossed it’s the turning point and he proper kicks on and proves wrong all who was giving him it tight ie 90% of us and kicks on
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent!
    I was one of his defenders on here as we could see he was getting into the right positions to set up chances for himself without putting the ball in the net. Delighted to see big Doidge get on the scoresheet and hopefully will kick on from here. Some fans are far too quick to criticise. A good forward will always miss sitters now and then but it proves they're working hard and showing for the ball by engineering the opportunities in the first place.

I thought when he first came in that there was something there, he’s a different type to what we’ve had.

Then, over the last few weeks I’d started to change my mind. Where he was yesterday is where he needs to be. In the box, getting on the end of things. Between his Aberdeen horror show and yesterday I don’t think he’d even had a proper effort on goal. I never want to see us set up with him up front on his own again, unless we really have to.

@hibs.net private member
    Compared to last week , Seems to be a lot of Long time Doidge fans on this thread ..

What’s changed ?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    There's always been a likeable guy in there even if he wasnt playing well

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Compared to last week , Seems to be a lot of Long time Doidge fans on this thread ..

What’s changed ?
    A funny smell of shee-ite mixed in with reinventing history going on.

Lots of posters said he was performing ok in a bad team and would come good, based on his pedigree with a high quality club. Forest Green are a well run club who know how to develop players.

Lots of posters said he was performing crap, and hoped he'd improve. That was ok comment.

Lots of other posters said he was performing crap, and THEY KNEW 100% that he would never amount to anything. In my book, that's stupid talk and will make you look daft eventually.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    A funny smell of shee-ite mixed in with reinventing history going on.

Lots of posters said he was performing ok in a bad team and would come good, based on his pedigree with a high quality club. Forest Green are a well run club who know how to develop players.

Lots of posters said he was performing crap, and hoped he'd improve. That was ok comment.

Lots of other posters said he was performing crap, and THEY KNEW 100% that he would never amount to anything. In my book, that's stupid talk and will make you look daft eventually.
    Lol.....I am assuming it was also alright for him get some wine in last night too ...

I'm going to Shanghai tonight to thank him personally. where is this particular restaurant

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    The second and third goals are the type of goals I want and expect him to get. Tap ins, poachers goals and in and around the 6 yard box.

Think sometimes he is guilty of coming to deep and then he’s busting a gut to get in the box often arriving too late or stretching for it.

With Flo up there with him, he will naturally drift wide and into areas of space where he can exploit teams.

Really hope he kicks on!
    the fact he was on his own up front getting balls lumped up to him which were easy for defenders to attack left him little option but to drop deep at times to at least try and get the ball at his feet. With two up front he doesn't need to do that as he showed yesterday.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I met him in Sainsbury's tonight. My wife was not looking so I slipped a bottle of finest Bordeaux into his shopping bag.
    So, is he up for stealing first thing on Monday morning?????

Left by mutual consent!
    Seems to me he did start with a clean slate, and as a result he was nowhere near the team this week.

now all we need to do is hold on to Kamberi, I am pleased for Doidge, hopefully we can kick on from this, pity we gave PH the semi, anyhoos hes gone onwards and upwards

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Seems to me he did start with a clean slate, and as a result he was nowhere near the team this week.
    Wrong thread?

I thought he was excellent last night against the Dons. What a player we've got here!

Made me wonder, how would he compare with other 'target' men type players. For example, Mixu, Brewster, Gary O'Connor, Chris Killen, James Collins etc. I realise when typing this that there's a long list of journeymen that I've removed from my memory banks.

So a question, since Mixu which 'target' men type players would you place ahead of Doidge?

NOTE: I've obviously ignored Deeks, Leigh, Stokes, Fletcher etc as I think they were not 'target' men, but some may think otherwise.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Doidge works hard in all areas of the pitch He's a big upgrade on an ageing Grant Holt. Holt always gave eveything and I wish we had him many years ago. I can't think of many others in the same mould who had a habit of scoring in decent numbers each season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Big man's been on fire. He's going to win us the Cup.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    What a player he’s turned out to be for us. If ever there was an example of how fickle football fans are here it is and I’ll hold my hands up and take my medicine. The big man does his job ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was extremely critical of Doidge earlier in the year, largely based on my ignorance of his statistics with us and that was before he went on his latest scoring spree.

If ever there was proof positive of the effects of confidence then his scoring spree's last season and now this are it.

Good on you Christian, the rewards of hard work will eventually come to you if you persevere and this armchair critic has hopefully learned a lesson in patience.

Last 2 finishes have been things of beauty also, so he is still improving.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I’ll admit to being a hypocrite. With Scott Allan I focus on all the positive elements of his play and ignore the negatives. I’ve been guilty of doing the latter with Doidge. Not any longer.