hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Doidge is the definition of a streaky player, he'll go forever without scoring and then just suddenly hit an absolute hot streak and bang them in.

Fortunately it would appear that Doidge's hot streak has come at exactly the right time, on fire right now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he was excellent last night against the Dons. What a player we've got here!

Made me wonder, how would he compare with other 'target' men type players. For example, Mixu, Brewster, Gary O'Connor, Chris Killen, James Collins etc. I realise when typing this that there's a long list of journeymen that I've removed from my memory banks.

So a question, since Mixu which 'target' men type players would you place ahead of Doidge?

NOTE: I've obviously ignored Deeks, Leigh, Stokes, Fletcher etc as I think they were not 'target' men, but some may think otherwise.
    He’s been better for us than James Collins. I know that for sure 😀

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Need to sort a new contract out for him as a priority

Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    Need to sort a new contract out for him as a priority
    Totally agree..... him and Gogic only have a year left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like many, I've really liked Doidge this season. He's become a very important player for us and I like the way he goes about his work. In the semi-final, I remarked that although he hadn't been involved a great deal in the first half, everything he did was good. He's been a really good outlet and tends to hold onto the ball really well. He's also taken a couple of goals very, very well recently.

He knows his abilities and limitations and plays to his strengths. He also comes across as a really decent guy from what I've seen from him in interviews etc.. the right kind of player to have in the team and around the club from what I can see.

This last bit won't go down well with a few people - but as above, he is a more limited player than some strikers. He's been really good for us and I will be more than happy to see him involved going forward, but I think some on here do go over the top on Christian (perhaps to make up for the past slagging he's taken, and in light of all the qualities I've noted above)... for example, I don't think anyone on here would claim he's better than Lawrence Shankland if Doidge didn't play for Hibs (and yes I know they are 'different players'). Admittedly I can't apply the same logic to those that would claim he's a better player than Nisbet (maybe its because Nisbet almost left )... but ultimately there's 2 of the 3 that are very likely to sell for 7 figures in their careers.

But he's still the Artful Doidger and long may it continue

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    He’s been better for us than James Collins. I know that for sure 😀

It’s not even close.

Chris Killen went on a great goal scoring spree but went off to Celtc as soon as he could. Garry O blew hot and cold in both spells with us.

Brewster was a clever player, probably closest equivalent to Doidge in what he offered the team.

I too was a real critic of Doidge earlier in the season, yes he works hard but his finishing and first touch was at times brutal and I couldn't see how he was going to score. It's obvious he's a confidence player and when his head is down he struggles but when the confidence comes back he can't stop scoring and goes on these streaks. I'm very happy to be proved wrong about the big guy.

Keep it going Christian - best goal you've scored here .

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    One of the things he's terrific at is keeping the ball live and in play when its pinging about in the box after a set piece. Can be relied on to be in there battling to get a head or a touch on it to keep it going and give himself or someone else a chance to get it over the line. Love that about him.

I've had a few Rangers friends making complimentary remarks about Doidge which is very very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    It’s not even close.

Chris Killen went on a great goal scoring spree but went off to Celtc as soon as he could. Garry O blew hot and cold in both spells with us.

Brewster was a clever player, probably closest equivalent to Doidge in what he offered the team.
    I know it’s not close between him and Collins, hence my comment.

Killen leaving for Celtic isn’t really any sort of reflection on how good he was though. And O’Connor was undoubtedly a better striker than Christian Doidge.. personalities a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    I've had a few Rangers friends making complimentary remarks about Doidge which is very very odd.
    Having Rangers friends is very very odd right enough.

(Only jesting 😀)

@hibs.net private member
    I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a call up from Wales for the Euros. His work rate is fantastic and must be a pest to play against. Nesbit is getting the coverage and a big money move seems likely but I actually think Doidge would cope better in the English Championship hopefully we will never find out.