hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Yes,

Should have done it sooner.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He could have been sacked anytime within the last 6 weeks and could have had no complaints. Football was eye bleeding, defeatist, slow and boring - with an added kick in the teeth in last 15 mins for good measure. That's the subjective stuff. Add in 1 point off bottom after 11 games, 1 win in 16 and even the stats are damning. This was an easy decision for the Board, irrespective what they say. Summer signings have been an unmitigated financial and footballing disaster. PH takes the hit for all of this, while LD tries the "nothing to see here" approach to deflect any blame away from herself and the players.

I'm not sure how the Hibs Board could have ****ed up any more if they tried.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He could have been sacked anytime within the last 6 weeks and could have had no complaints. Football was eye bleeding, defeatist, slow and boring - with an added kick in the teeth in last 15 mins for good measure. That's the subjective stuff. Add in 1 point off bottom after 11 games, 1 win in 16 and even the stats are damning. This was an easy decision for the Board, irrespective what they say. Summer signings have been an unmitigated financial and footballing disaster. PH takes the hit for all of this, while LD tries the "nothing to see here" approach to deflect any blame on herself and the players.

Correct. First few games aside, it was a shambles. We are prone to making a bad appointment; let's hope the next boss is a good choice.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 09-11-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    By the sounds of it , LD and others are happy they made the right decision
    She also thinks we had a good transfer window and that some of the criticism of certain players has been over the top.

We’re floundering near the bottom of the league ffs!

Yeah i do....we will miss his attacking free flowing cutting edge football

Are you having a laugh? 😂

He lost the majority of fans backing, the board had to do something to try and attract the sale of half season tickets. He should have gone after Ibrox.
    B

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    He lost the majority of fans backing, the board had to do something to try and attract the sale of half season tickets. He should have gone after Ibrox.
    B
    He couldn't have had any complaints. I watched that game online and it's one of the worst performances I've ever seen. We could easily have conceded double figures. From that day on each game could have been his last.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I was backing him until a few weeks ago, from what I have heard he is a decent coach but just couldnt get good performances out of these players so the right decision was made in the end

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Just asking and curious.

Would / could he have turned it around?

Could we do a lot worse out there, now that we are back in the market?

Was it really fan pressure that pushed the board (rather than the footballing reasons Leanne gave in her conference)?
    1) Not a hope in hell that sacking Heckingbottom was a mistake. There was every justification for sacking him on at least three prior occasions this season on the grounds of abysmal performance against his stated objectives.

2) Of course it's possible to make worse appointments - Calderwood and Butcher are two recent examples IMO - but it doesn't change the fact that Heckingbottom took Hibs backwards rather than forwards, was given every chance to turn it round and failed.

3) Fan pressure possibly played a part but I would hope that the board would have been on the same page as the fans anyway having watched the same series of poor results with their own eyes.

Nope. Best decision LD has made in months. Shouldn’t have been appointed and when it was obviously not working he should have been punted.

He could have been sacked anytime within the last 6 weeks and could have had no complaints. Football was eye bleeding, defeatist, slow and boring - with an added kick in the teeth in last 15 mins for good measure. That's the subjective stuff. Add in 1 point off bottom after 11 games, 1 win in 16 and even the stats are damning. This was an easy decision for the Board, irrespective what they say. Summer signings have been an unmitigated financial and footballing disaster. PH takes the hit for all of this, while LD tries the "nothing to see here" approach to deflect any blame away from herself and the players.

Sad but true.

Top post. LD can’t afford to get the next choice wrong.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    The only mistake was that is wasn’t soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coaching Staff
    100% no.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Clearly.....

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Nah, i'm not really getting that sense tbh.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    St Johnstone 0 v 2 HIBS HT

Doidge 2

Eddie May has gone with Doidge and Flo upfront something that many posters on here were screaming for and he has obviously told the players to go out express and enjoy themselves and most of all play football
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 09-11-2019 at 05:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    3 nil up suggests the players are more relieved than us.

3-0 Hibs at McDiarmid, anybody who thinks sacking Heckingbottom was a mistake needs urgent medical attention.

Haha mistake, good one.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    I appreciate that this thread is quite literally 6 hours old, and I hate to say it...but...this aged well.

No no no

Look forward not back

😂😂

How could he not see what all the fans could see?

One thing I said about Hecky was he could spot a striker. Ah mean, I didn't say it aloud but definitely did in ma heid. Once again, I've been proved right.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    One thing I said about Hecky was he could spot a striker. Ah mean, I didn't say it aloud but definitely did in ma heid. Once again, I've been proved right.
    He could spot one, but then sent them out with their boots on the wrong feet

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Hecky in

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    He could spot one, but then sent them out with their boots on the wrong feet
    Oh aye, that would explain it.

only mistake was it took so lof him