hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that could be so open to intepretation, being the forum that it is an admin could simply ban somebody for trolling when they only have a different opinion.
    That’s the role of an admin, to make judgements...they are not prone to overreacting ..

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Abused on match days at ER
    What an embarrassment. It's hard to express how vile and completely counter productive that is. Football is all about emotions but like everyone else we have some real idiots in our support. It can be quite worrying to see the extent that some people play out what is going on in the rest of their lives - good and bad, but especially the bad - at games. You can see deep, deep anger and frustration and you just know that at some level its not simply about the game, the team or the club.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Spill !
    "Admin pricks" started life as a show of solidarity for the much loved admins after one poster had a general way-over-the-top rant which included the phrase. Since then it has been used exclusively affectionately, I think.

If 'admin pricks' is to be clamped down on, it should be under the general intolerance of sexism. Prick is a gender-specific term, and only some of the admins are male.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    That’s the role of an admin, to make judgements...they are not prone to overreacting ..
    The replies to One Day Soon’s lighthearted post shows that overreactions can happen imo.

First Team Breakthrough
    This is going to be one **** place if we can’t have a bit of banter... personal abuse has always been unacceptable and I don’t think it has been stopped by admin... it will be all down to personal thoughts and understanding.. we will see how this pans out

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    I think this gentle online behaviour reminder from the Admins is spot on and can only help to improve most people's experience using Hibs.net

GGTTH

Any strong views on the use of the word" dick"?

I mean in general ,not admin specific.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Any strong views on the use of the word" dick"?

I mean in general ,not admin specific.
    i think admin are making it clear tbh, just don't be abusive to folk on .net and all is good, if you use the word dick in general context then it's okay, if you are calling someone a ****ing dick directly then that can be deemed as abusing someone

One knowledgeable person once said to me "beware of the shadow you cast".

If you use inappropriate language, it's likely that someone will come along and do the same, until someone then pushes the boundaries further. Let's break that trend.

Why don't we all be mindful of the shadow we cast.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    that could be so open to intepretation, being the forum that it is an admin could simply ban somebody for trolling when they only have a different opinion.
    One admin wouldn’t just ban a poster, we do discuss it all between us before a decision is made.

I mainly enjoy posting and reading other posts on Hibs.net - think the admins and the site policy is very good.
    I always use the site as an example here in Germany when the discussion centres on social media abuse - we on Hibs.net don't have swearing & personal abuse is ruled out! I often wonder why other sites such as Facebook and Twitter and whatever else there is don't adhere to a similar policy - I don't do any "social media" elsewhere, but from what I hear and read about it is pretty nasty out there.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Just noticed that MWC has left by mutual consent so in my humble opinion this place is already a better place

Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    For clarity, are you referring to '****', '****', '****' or '****'?
    Definitely ‘****’. I’d never use ‘****’ and the word ‘****’ just makes me blush thinking about it.

What are the rules on calling someone a Jambo? That's about as big an insult there is.

@hibs.net private member
    Calm down everyone- I’m sure there’s not going to be a huge cull. It’s just a reminder of the rules.

As much as I’ve been moaning about folk on here over exaggerating and being drama queens recently, it’s still a much much better and safer place than twitter where it seems the folk that get banned from here go to sling their insults and abuse. Let’s leave them to it.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's much appreciated. Hopefully any concerns have been addressed. If anybody still has concerns or needs anything clarified please feel free to message any one of us. We'll close and sticky this one now, we're all off to the match.