hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

LD pre match press conference

2. Log in to remove the advert

Interesting that she still perceives the summer transfer window as being successful and we just need a bit more depth.

Three poor successive windows and a lack of succession planning looks more like we need the best part of a squad rebuild.

As a minimum I would say:

Central defensive midfielder
    Two strikers
    Left back
    Right back
    Centre back

Coaching Staff
    Recruitment was ok with only a few gaps, maybe Hecky wasn't to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Box Fish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting that she still perceives the summer transfer window as being successful and we just need a bit more depth.

Three poor successive windows and a lack of succession planning looks more like we need the best part of a squad rebuild.

As a minimum I would say:

Central defensive midfielder
    Two strikers
    Left back
    Right back
    Centre back
    We need that deep sitting midfielder who can break up play and protect the defence, unless we get a.amage who works out three at the back will work with what we have!

And yes we need a striker.

We have Four right backs and no one to challenge Lewis. That needs rebalanced.

Be interesting to see if another manager gets more out of the players

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    We need that deep sitting midfielder who can break up play and protect the defence, unless we get a.amage who works out three at the back will work with what we have!

And yes we need a striker.

We have Four right backs and no one to challenge Lewis. That needs rebalanced.
    Is that what people call The Matty Jack Role?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    She’s just trying to defend the new signings as she’s got to do really.

No good would come from her chucking them under the bus now.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Thought she answered the questions very well. Glad she is at the club.

The centre of midfield is a mess.

It’s failure is piling pressure on other departments which under normal circumstances should be fine.

There’s not one signing that we made over the summer that I have written off as not being good enough (Vela’s been the biggest disappointment, I quite like Newell in spite of the fact he seems hot and cold).

My biggest fear with a new manager coming in is that he takes a while to suss out what Mallan can’t do. It’s cost the last 2 managers a lot of points and we need someone who is prepared to make difficult decisions there soon.

@hibs.net private member
    Press noticeably persistent with the sacked/sacking patter.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I disagreed with a lot she said about our recruitment, we spent a lot of our budget on players who will never be good enough to take Hibs into a side that will challenge for 3rd or 4th.

James nowhere near good enough and not as good as the man he's replaced. David Gray.

Jackson, an average player no better than Hanlon who's been poor most of the season.

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Naismith, a slow ponderous full back who's as average as you can get, and James it seems is keeping him out.

Middleton, average, done very little since signing, thank god Boyle is back.

Hallberg looks the best of the bunch, pass marks along with Maxwell.

Doidge, a non scoring centre forward, we needed another one of them.

The team needs more than luck and tweaks Leanne, but i'd not expect you to come out and say we were pish and had recruited pish.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I disagreed with a lot she said about our recruitment, we spent a lot of our budget on players who will never be good enough to take Hibs into a side that will challenge for 3rd or 4th.

James nowhere near good enough and not as good as the man he's replaced. David Gray.

Jackson, an average player no better than Hanlon who's been poor most of the season.

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Naismith, a slow ponderous full back who's as average as you can get, and James it seems is keeping him out.

The team needs more than luck and tweaks Leanne, but i'd not expect you to come out and say we were pish and had recruited pish.
    Can’t argue with that tbh.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Yes. How many of those players would we feel we would absolutely not want to lose from ER for next season? Hallberg maybe? The rest are completely dispensable.

Manager before the end of the month - to it could be a lot sooner than that. I think we know exactly who we want and are waiting on a response.
    Last edited by Sammy7nil; 08-11-2019 at 03:44 PM.

I think these two are slightly unfair.

He's not as good as SDG, but I think he's only replace him because SDG hasn't been fit. I also don't think he's nowhere near good enough. He's not good enough, agreed, but I don't think he's absolutely Honking.

R.e. Jackson, I actually quite like him. The games I've seen him play (admittedly not too many) I think he's been the better CB and I'd rather have him and Porto as a pairing than any other fit combination at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Can’t argue with that tbh.
    Neither would I but you can’t expect Dempster to come out and say that.

She’s got to back the people at the club and hope the new manager can get a tune out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I think these two are slightly unfair.

He's not as good as SDG, but I think he's only replace him because SDG hasn't been fit. I also don't think he's nowhere near good enough. He's not good enough, agreed, but I don't think he's absolutely Honking.

R.e. Jackson, I actually quite like him. The games I've seen him play (admittedly not too many) I think he's been the better CB and I'd rather have him and Porto as a pairing than any other fit combination at the moment.
    For me James looks slow and overall bang average. Jackson i think looks fine without been a genuine upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    She’s just trying to defend the new signings as she’s got to do really.

No good would come from her chucking them under the bus now.
    Spot on

@hibs.net private member

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Spot on Blackpool my thoughts entirely

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

James did fine against Celtic at Easter Road then had an absolute nightmare at Hampden. I'm not generally a fan of fullbacks who think defending is about "jockeying", formative years spent watching Gordon Hunter and Willie Miller tackling has shaped my expectations.

Once again, he looked at his worst when he had Mallan playing in front of him.

Great shot though.

I'd be inclined to give Jackson a shot as the defensive midfielder. We need someone in there who can win the ball back, and I'd like Hallberg to have a bit of freedom to play higher up the park. Jackson's a decent passer and is comfortable on the ball for a big defender, there is a wee bit of the Matty Jack about him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Manager before the end of the month - to it could be a lot sooner than that. I think we know exactly who we want and are waiting on a response.
    Yep and her answers to the Jack Ross questioning makes me think it's him.

Watching that I could hear her say that the recruitment was fine but I think anyone watching it knows that she knows the recruitment was far from fine. Or maybe I’m giving her too much credit.
    Either way, it needs fixed pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    Yep and her answers to the Jack Ross questioning makes me think it's him.
    I’m just taking her at face value.

I think he’s likely to be one of a number of candidates being considered.

I’m sure we’ll speak to him and some others. I think he’ll get the job in the end but I doubt it’s as far down the line as many are saying now.

Good interview imo, seemed a lot like her old self.

Whilst the summer signings haven’t turned out to be great I like how she handled the question. I really think a couple of them will kick on once we get playing with more confidence and get a better balance about us plus 1 or 2 players added.

I see James taking a lot of stick lately but imo he’s a good player, technically he is very very good but needs to learn to press and get in the wingers face a lot quicker than giving him space to run at him. He’s still only 23 so has plenty time to learn and given this is his first season at this level I think he will learn a lot.

Hallberg and Maxwell seem good if not brilliant but again I think with Hallberg we can expect a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m just taking her at face value.

I think he’s likely to be one of a number of candidates being considered.

I’m sure we’ll speak to him and some others. I think he’ll get the job in the end but I doubt it’s as far down the line as many are saying now.
    Inclined to agree with this. Sounds like we're not going to rush but if we feel someone is the right guy e.g. JR and he is keen, then negotiations could move swiftly, if the agent doesn't d*ck us around.

Newell, just pish.

Vella, see Newell.

Excellent mid-term report. Total detach between our aspirations (Europe) and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Watching that I could hear her say that the recruitment was fine but I think anyone watching it knows that she knows the recruitment was far from fine. Or maybe I’m giving her too much credit.
    Either way, it needs fixed pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the recruitment was fine, then PH would still be with us. Pound for pound, the worst summer window we've had in many years and anyone calling it any other way is either deluded or making stuff up.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    If the recruitment was fine, then PH would still be with us. Pound for pound, the worst summer window we've had in many years and anyone calling it any other way is either deluded or making stuff up.

Been a shocking transfer window , Signed utter drivel

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Is that what people call The Matty Jack Role?
    I call it the Jarkko Wiss role....

Good interview.

She isn't going to come out and say both management and his players are *****, a bit of diplomacy being used here. It was noticeable that she acknowledged the supporters concerns and spoke of a results based industry and no matter how good a coach or person, results were his downfall.

Also she mentioned end of the month for a new manager and then said of course that may come quicker than that and she's open minded about who may get the job.