hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Manager

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Talked about sacking Heckingbottom fair enough, sitting discussing his replacement while he is in post is very poor and I don’t think happened. They all looked quite tired and a bit upset so again, I cannot see them freely discussing replacements for a guy they clearly respected before the guy had left his post.
    If he'd been doing really well then it would have been right for them to be thinking about who they would want to bring in when his inevitable move back down south materialised. So same applies when it looked like they'd need to sack him. Simple good governance if you ask me - as long as they didn't discuss with the potential candidates while PH was still in post I don't see the problem?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Jack Ross is second favourite for the hearts job.
    No surprise given he met with Budge today.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Yip seen them sharing a vegan sausage roll and a ribena in Greggs at the Kirkgate around 12:30

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, attacking entertaining football with wins would be the remedy regardless of who stands in the dugout. I understand contingency planning, my problem with it is how do you even form that potential candidates list while you don’t have a vacancy. You could feasibly add names that have absolutely no interest managing Hibs. The other big problem is, if you put out feelers to formulate a more meaningful list, you’ve already started to narrow down favourable personnel - was their agent polite, was their agent keen, was the potential candidate eager? That’s why I’m worried about Ross being potentially lined up immediately. It’s less than a week since the job became available, the chances are some potential candidates haven’t even heard that the position is available yet/decided if it’s something they are interested in.

I’m quite relaxed as I don’t think this rumour will come true. If it does, I’ll worry a little bit because I don’t think club communications would match actions.
    At best (or worst ) maybe there were indirect comms to one or other potential candidates - someone speaking to an agent about possible interest should a vacancy arise while not offering anyone anything, may remove the chance of barking up the wrong trees if a hunt is required. I’m sure in football such conversations happen all the time but it’s a bit like what is said about action and intent before the whistle blows. Things change and all bets are off after the game begins . That said it is hard to criticise forward planning .. bit like checking to see if those trousers on the rack are your size before even thinking about seeing what they look like on... If comms suit the best interests and outcome for the club then even if say actual events have run ahead of that, I’d not be that bothered.

Someone on kickback also saying he’s heard from a source (friend of hibs player) that Ross will be announced for us tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixu1875 View Post
    Jack Ross is the new manager of Hibs. Will be announced tomorrow or possibly Monday.
    I canny see this being the case so soon.

Hibs will dig deep here to make a very informed approach to anyone.

I don't doubt jack ross is on the top of the list,I just doubt he's been appointed yet.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Be very surprised.....

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Yip seen them sharing a vegan sausage roll and a ribena in Greggs at the Kirkgate around 12:30
    Were they holding hands?

If not we're still in with a chance.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Someone on kickback also saying he’s heard from a source (friend of hibs player) that Ross will be announced for us tomorrow.
    Have I Quantum Leaped forward a couple of weeks?

How have we even managed to do interviews?

No idea quite a few saying we’ve spoke to him for a while, another is saying we spoke to him today and also want to speak to Nathan Jones.

It’s all rumours I imagine and guess work. Quite a few not saying he will be announced tomorrow though so it’s interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    "I know someone who works for the club, he told me 2 weeks ago that a decision has been made that Heckingbottom will be here until Christmas, regardless of results."

Bit of a slaver aren't you?
    No-one want to address this, either to debunk the quote or agree it discredits the info?

Seriously? Interviews don't take long. It is not like we would post out invitations! Clubs sack managers and appoint a new one in hours. Remember Jim Jefferies waiting in the bog?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    No idea quite a few saying we’ve spoke to him for a while, another is saying we spoke to him today and also want to speak to Nathan Jones.

It’s all rumours I imagine and guess work. Quite a few not saying he will be announced tomorrow though so it’s interesting
    Nathan Jones would match up with the current Welsh influx we’ve had...

As you say, I think there’s a lot of guess work at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by F'Res Hibbie View Post
    No-one want to address this, either to debunk the quote or agree it discredits the info?
    Does anyone believe any rumours on here ? 99% are pish the odd one is correct. Let's just wait and see.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Seriously? Interviews don't take long. It is not like we would post out invitations! Clubs sack managers and appoint a new one in hours. Remember Jim Jefferies waiting in the bog?
    A club that has chronically underachieved...always soothes my concerns when I hear how fast we can bash through interviews. I’m pleased to report I do not recall Jim Jeffries waiting in a toilet. Strange place for them to hold interviews.

Blog Entries
    I’ve no idea of the present position re interviews or applications but, if Ross is the guy LD and her team want, and Ross is happy to accept the job, I doubt that they would delay the appointment, just to give the impression to the fans that they were drawing out the process, being thorough and looking to be considering all possibilities. I wouldn’t be surprised if an appointment is made fairly soon. On the other hand, the rumours about Ross being favourite could be a lot of tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    No doubt we should expect at some stage down the line she'll reveal that she met with him but he wasn't of the required standard. Of course she won't come straight out and say it, it'll be delivered in a snidey way with an obvious verbal wink to the Hearts fans so that even the thickest of them gets what she is saying.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/sta...883795968?s=21

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

He's been gone too long.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Well done on becoming the first poster to call for his head!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Whoosh much?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He's been gone too long.
    Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He's been gone too long.
    You're on fire today mate

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    We've spoke to Jack Ross and approached Nathan Jones.
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 08-11-2019 at 12:07 AM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    We've spoke to Jack Ross and approached Nathan Jones.
    Nathan Jones did fantastically well at Luton, pretty shocking form at Stoke though.

Yes I said that, yes it was true at the time. I asked him and he said things changed. My opinion is we were forced into action by that lot punting Levein.

People can choose to believe me, call me a slaver or whatever they want. It’s really no skin off my nose as it won’t be the case when he gets announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Nathan Jones did fantastically well at Luton, pretty shocking form at Stoke though.
    Stoke seems to have become a Sunderland style managerial graveyard...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Stoke seems to have become a Sunderland style managerial graveyard...
    Yep and now they’re about to get Michael O’Neill...

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I heard yesterday Ron wants none other than Juergen Klinsmann, some rumours you hear are brilliant
    This did the rounds elsewhere too based on some rumoured connection in the US.
    That'd certainly create a buzz that maybe some of the others wouldn't but I have to say I'd be surprised.

Good managerial record although not much experience and nothing for 3 years.
    Solid mid 50% win rate and average 2 goals scored per game albeit Germany and Bayern are pretty big teams so maybe below expectation there.

The one thing I would say is that there's something to be said for having a "Name" manager - doesn't always work out but I feel we were a very different team under NL than we might have been under a manager with better skills but no rep.

It's at the root of my problem with a lot of these "scoops".

There's a way of putting it that I'm fine with - where someone is clearly passing on information they've heard.
    The tone is an easy going shrug of "might be true, might not" and the poster sounds like they're not doing it
    to make themselves look great and most on here are fine with that.

Then there's the ones that are "This is 100% true" where the poster takes huge insult at someone saying they
    don't buy it ("None of yous will be laughing on <insert definitive time of event> when I'm right") and you know
    it's all about them getting an ITK badge (was it Bleeds Green a year or two ago that had some very precise set
    of predictions with timelines to the hour?).

From the years I've been on here there are very, very few people who I'd back as properly ITK and they're usually
    quite humble about it not least because no matter what your source it can always fall apart at the last minute.